I tried the search, but.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rat Bastid
  • 9 comments
  • 643 views

IS THE ZONDA RACER A WORTHY COMPETITOR OF THE 787B & GT-ONE (1)?

  • ABSOLUTELY

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • HELL NO

    Votes: 10 62.5%

  • Total voters
    16
Messages
606
United States
New York
Messages
Mind_R1ot
.......It takes too damn long. Anyway, I just won a Zonda racer and I'm hoping to have a non-Japanese prototype-type car (Not to mention a winner in the Avant-Garde) So I go to GT Vault & discover that my man, Nova SS has no set-up listed. (An omen?) So I try a few other set-ups. Basically, the car still pushes & hates to stop. Bear in mind that I started the All-Japanese Pro 'bout 9 PM on a Friday and I'm a little bleary-eyed at this piont, so this might all be easily fixable 8+ hours from now:drool: (note the post time)
My question is, is it worth it?
I would have posted a poll.but I don't know how.
I know about the C12, but I heard the racer was much better
Thanks, guys.

P.S. I just scrolled down and miraculously learned how to post a poll!!!!!:lol:

P.S.S. Maybe not, Goodnight!
 
:irked: Well, you should've searched...

I dunno...it depends what kind of times you can put into the slot, I'd rather recommend an actual Toyota GTOne or an R390 Race Car to compete with those two, and a Mazda 787b can also keep up with both of those two.
 
But the Zonda Race car has the looks and the sound... gt-one and 787 are UGLY...
 
yes its worth it... it has good brakes though cuz they lock up all the time
 
The Zonda Race Car doesn't handle as good as a GT-One or 787B. The Zonda is just way too powerful for its own good. Even though it has more HP than those two cars, it just can't keep up with them because of its poor handling. It's like the Escudo in the way that it is really fast, but it's handling is so bad it is hard to use.
 
The onle series I actually used the Zonda Race Car for was the Italian Avant Garde...:D Easy wins all around!
 
The Zonda Race Car can compete with the AI GT-One, 787B, and R390, but it won't be able to compete with your times from them. I like the Zonda Race Car, with some changes to the settup- for better braking raise the LSD Deccel, add some camber and set rear toe to -1 or so to make it turn better, don't run it with full hp, and raise the front downforce and lower the rear downforce. I have around 650 miles on mine.
 
I have some settings that have worked for me on the C12S. They are outside the realm of what you'd expect to work. But for my style they seem to work.
Springs 13.5/12.5
Height 58/58
Bound 2/2
Rebound 9/9
Camber 3.0/2.0
Toe -1.0/-0.5
Stabilizers 2/3
Brakes 23/24
LSD 10/25/5
Dounforce NA/max
ASM 0
TCS 2
You will still have to brake EARLY, and use the throttle to swing the tail around.
I have taken a 682HP C12S around Rome in the !'20.xxx range with these settings.
Good Luck. I hope these help.
 
Thanks for the input,guys. I think I answered my own question, though. I found Nova SS's settings for the C12S and used them on the racer. (He seems to drive like I do, but I think he uses a wheel, so with a few tweaks, I'm fine.) I did the MR Pro, which I hadn't done yet, with no problem. (I had problems w/ my Ruf once I turbo'd it and haven't tweaked it yet.) I killed at the Avant Garde, then I won @ ApricotII in GTWC by 6.5 sec. I didn't do so well @ Forest in A-S, but I think I can work it out.
 
Back