I used the 69 Camaro for the 1000 miles European hall

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 27 comments
  • 2,138 views

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
Messages
18,565
United States
Michigan
Messages
CAMAROBOY69
I was shocked that I was able to use the 69 Camaro in the European Hall 1000 miles race. I thought it was European cars only.
I removed everything I could from the car and got it to around 300hp but I still completely crushed all the cars in there. I even removed my good tires.
 
Is world cars, on Euro circuits, it tells you it on the scrolling bar on the race selection screen ;)
 
I used the 454 Chevelle and smoked em.

It was hilarious watching the Chevy round up the FIAT Bambino :)
 
I used the Corvette to win, I didn't think they'd allow it but when I saw they did I jumped at the chance touse it.
 
I used the 69' Z28 an had a blast smoking that euro trash.
 
I used the '69 corvette stingray, all on A-spec, had no problems at all. (as long as Im not racing that AC cobra look-a-like car)
 
CAMAROBOY69
I was shocked that I was able to use the 69 Camaro in the European Hall 1000 miles race. I thought it was European cars only.
I removed everything I could from the car and got it to around 300hp but I still completely crushed all the cars in there. I even removed my good tires.

How many A-spec points did you get for it?

I only got 7 using the 96hp GINETTA G4 👎
 
@ Lethalchem
You're saying that you can win this champ with using a 98hp strong Ginetta G4?
forgive me if i didn't knew it, cause I haven't tried this champ yet..

then it is very easy to win...
 
thaleppes
@ Lethalchem
You're saying that you can win this champ with using a 98hp strong Ginetta G4?
forgive me if i didn't knew it, cause I haven't tried this champ yet..

then it is very easy to win...

I can't say that for sure, as I've only raced the very first 1000mile event at the Ring, but it certainly wasn't difficult. I lapped the #2 car once, and the others several times. I read people talking about the Mercedes and Cobra being hard cars to beat in the lineup, but I think I'm not going to be running against them because of my low car performance numbers. They certainly wern't present in my race.
 
thaleppes
@ Lethalchem
You're saying that you can win this champ with using a 98hp strong Ginetta G4?
forgive me if i didn't knew it, cause I haven't tried this champ yet..

then it is very easy to win...
i thought it was going to be easy so i used the mercury mucle car(only car i had that was tuned and old) but the AC Cobra car dusted me so thats when i earned enough money and bought it, man is that thing fast for being old i would recommend buying it if you dont have time to waste and just want to finish it.
 
I'm two races into this series now. I'm driving bone stock Toyota 2000GT which I have fallen in love with. The car to beat in my grid is the gullwing Mercedes. Some pretty close racing against it, I'm a bit faster, but the Mercedes pits far less than me.
 
i used my 70' chevelle...owned them all. Lol
I did the whole 1000 mile race on A-spec, took me 2 days. :)
Just beat my speed record, went 519 with Nissan bleh bleh 92' Race car :)
 
Im 7 laps in at the Ring with the Cobra 427 and have a lap on the field, 2 laps on the little white car (I forget what it's called).

Im running Hard Sport Tires and had to pit on the 4th lap (after my b-specer went 2 min off pace). I had the speed turned to 3 and the back tires were smoked. Guess thats what you get for putting close to 700HP in a car that weighs less than 1000KG's.


I deceided to turn the speed down to 2 and save tires. That only slowed me down 15 seconds a lap but I was able to make it through the 4th lap without spinning out on every corner.
 
i used the gullwing i won from mercedes sl races, cant remember what tyres but it was stock but i won every race, lucky i got a field without the cobra i guess
 
I decided to enter using a '67 Mercury Cougar XR-7. And call me stupid but for some reason I didnt think it would really be 1000 miles of racing. Raced a few laps then B-speced it through the night, waking up occasionally to get the next race started or put it on 3x speed. Finished exactly at 6am, when I had to get up for work. easiest 900,000 ive made so far, only I think i might upgrade to a Full Customize Trans so I could finish the races much quicker.
 
intending to use my bog standard '63 lotus elan.. take about 4 hours for the 'ring I reckon..


nice
 
gonna try and finish the series in A-Spec mode.. prolly using the Toyota 2000GT...

any idea's where i can get it from?
 
I think i am also gonna do it with the Camaro.
Has a good handling.
The Jaguar E-Type is also a good option,and a really good looking car also. 👍
 
I like the way the E-Type drives... it's slightly tail-happy, and even stock it has enough power to kick the back end out if you get on it in the middle of a corner. The oversteer it exhibits is fairly benign though... the back end likes to move around, but I haven't had it so much as threaten to spin on me yet. Lots of fun to drive 👍 :)
 
How many Aspec points are you guys getting with these various cars you're using in the 1000 series? I'm using the G4, unmodded except for tranny/clutch/flywheel/brakes and I'm putting 8 laps on the #2 car by the time I finish a race. It's giving me anywhere from 7-10 Aspec points. I'll have to go back and run this damn series again when I find a car that will rack up more points. So, what are you guys pulling in?
 
Back