I Want My Goshdarned G-funk!!!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter jjboi
  • 0 comments
  • 333 views

Which flavor of hip-hop do you like the most?

  • 80s' hip hop

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G-Funk/early-mid 90s' hip hop

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post-G-Funk/late 90s' hip hop

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modern/00s'-current hip hop

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like hip hop

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
125
Dear Rap Industry,

:sly: I come to you in all of my sincerity, BEGGING you to break away from the (mostly) craptastic crap of today. Lately, I've been listening mostly to jazz and 90s' music because today's pop, rock, and hip-hop is in a horrible state of a condition known by many as CRAPPACYTIS (crappy ass music syndrome), and I'm really getting tired of it. I'm sure a lot of others are, too. This particularly troubles me with hip-hop, because it's going through the same thing that funk once did. Let me explain. Back when funk was true funk, most of the stuff had a great beat and swell lyrics to it. It may not have been the most popular style of music in it's time, but that would change once it was commercialized and turned into disco. Disco was basiclly watered-down, soulless funk. And what happened after that was the death of funk/disco. Now, look at rap. It first started out with great beats and lyrics at the beginning, and this goodness really started the shine with the introduction of g-funk in the 90s', and as g-funk became more popular, it eventually started becoming commercialized, to the point where it couldn't be considered g-funk anymore. Just 'hip-hop', which is basiclly today's equivilent of disco. Soon, if things continue this way, hip-hop is gonna die, and I honestly don't want that the happen. That's why I'm BEGGING for a G-Funk revival, and if you appreciated real hip hop or music in general, you'll join me. G-FUNK FOREVER!!! :sly:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back