I want to fit a Transducer to my GT Omega office chair

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello to everyone, I'm new to all of this I only joined the forum this morning. I have spent the last three days scouring the internet looking for answers and someone who seems to know what they are talking about. I also looked at the bkg 2 but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth for some reason. Unfortunately I don't have a rig due to a lack of space and just bought a GT Omega racing office chair. (Please don't laugh lol) but now I have stumbled on the idea of fitting a Transducer. I like Mr Latte's idea of the Inuke DSP1000 and maybe a Buttkicker mini LFE and then maybe a couple of aura's so that would be the buttkicker in the middle and an aura either side or is this absolute overkill for an office chair? Thanks in advance for your help!

I have a solid solution for you that does not require drilling at all. I have the same exact setup with an iNuke DSP1000 and a Buttkicker Mini LFE, only with an Ikea Volmar office chair and LED clamp bar (LAMPHUS Cruizer Horizontal Bar Clamp Mounting Kit 1"/ 1.5"/ 1.75") from Amazon: Link

I'll have images shortly. It mounts on the base where the shock and base meet. It's flawless and hits hard. Been wanting to add another Mini LFE just for the sake of it. FPS shooters are a whole new level with this setup.

Thanks for the reply, at present Mr Latte is making a few suggestions. I'm considering either two mini LFE's or just single larger LFE right at the back of the seat.

Thanks for the reply, at present Mr Latte is making a few suggestions. I'm considering either two mini LFE's or just single larger LFE right at the back of the seat.

Cool stuff looking forward to your solution.

Here's the photo's of my setup:

IMG_1713.png IMG_1714.png

I only use this setup for normal computing. Notice I have a neutrik connector on the end. Since the iNuke 1000DSP uses these I just picked up a coupler to connect it making it really easy to connect it to my Rseat RS1 sim rig with two Mini LFE's mounted on the bottom.

12a40777_yx8cqb6gw1kx.png 12334526.png

Wow! Love your screen setup. Think I'm going to have bigger LFE at back of chair on a plate then two ADX's either side under arm rests but the two ADX's will have to come later I just have to work out what I'm gonna use to power these bad boys up. The Behringer seem to have good reviews so I'm thinking maybe the nu300dsp for the single LFE at the back. Will keep you posted. That 4 screen looks awesome! I'm jealous LOL.

It is off topic but how do you manage the sliding of the chair ?

I ordered the optional wheels but they are from plastic and do not do much braking while I use my pedals.

I tried to glue some rubber but it slid off.

Mr Latte says the iduke amps are quite noisy do you find that the case too?

Here's the photo's of my setup:

View attachment 593158 View attachment 593159

I only use this setup for normal computing. Notice I have a neutrik connector on the end. Since the iNuke 1000DSP uses these I just picked up a coupler to connect it making it really easy to connect it to my Rseat RS1 sim rig with two Mini LFE's mounted on the bottom.

View attachment 593160 View attachment 593161
[/QUOTE]

Look forward to your pics and hope your first impressions will be good.

If using only the LFE on its own you ownt want to restrict it to only under 50Hz.
Maybe around 100 and then use the PEQ to possibly help tune how it responds with certain frequencies.

Thanks for that. Looks like it's going to be a couple of weeks now. I won't receive the steel plate until middle of next week and the inuke won't be available untill week after next. Typical!!!

Thanks for that. Looks like it's going to be a couple of weeks now. I won't receive the steel plate until middle of next week and the inuke won't be available untill week after next. Typical!!!

Sorry to hear this, though I know the feeling and has taken myself a long time to do things in the past. Sometimes delays which seem as negatives help cause other positives. If you want to draw up a plan or we can discuss more things.

Those couple of weeks will fly by.

Back