I want to move onto bikes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Poverty
  • 17 comments
  • 1,107 views

Poverty

(Banned)
Messages
3,567
And getting a Yahama R6 is my aim. Obviously not straight away as it would be too powerful for such a unexperinced rider?

Whats tests do I have to take to get my bike license and are there any restrictions?

I heard your only allowed up to a certain CC depending on your age. Is this true? Would like to be riding by summer time 👍
 
And getting a Yahama R6 is my aim. Obviously not straight away as it would be too powerful for such a unexperinced rider?

My friend (pretty much unexperienced) went straight from a very slow very old Yamaha XT250 (4 stroke), straight to a 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6.... I highly recomended that he didn't but he did anyway, he has gone to a couple track days with instructors now and it quite good with it but I still don't recommend it.


It's a very nice bike BTW.
 
Have a look on the BSM website, its tell you pretty much everything that you need to know. Basically you need to be 21 to ride anything over 33bhp.

This should help clicky clicky
 
Get one of these
003__scaled_600_019.jpg


Without doubt it'd be the best bike eVAR!
 
why don't you just go buy a bus... they're only about ten grand...hahahaha
 
Have a look on the BSM website, its tell you pretty much everything that you need to know. Basically you need to be 21 to ride anything over 33bhp.

This should help clicky clicky

Thanks, so basically after having had my license for 2 years restrictions are lifted of me, or after I turn 21 whichever comes first.

What type of bikes have 33hp? Is that half decent for a bike?

I think im gonna book my CBT in a month or two when it gets a little warmer, and just ride about on dirt bikes until restrictions are lifted of me.
 
if it's anything like the aussie rules you won't be able to touch a super 600 ie:R6, ZX6, CBR600, most people here go for a cbr 250 rr as i think it is about the best bike you can get for our restrictions but it may have more than 33hp
 
if it's anything like the aussie rules you won't be able to touch a super 600 ie:R6, ZX6, CBR600, most people here go for a cbr 250 rr as i think it is about the best bike you can get for our restrictions but it may have more than 33hp


Yeah, the 250cc restrictions over here doesn't last all that long though, about a year from memory unless they changed it recently.
 
Isn't it kinda scary that a 16 year old could get an R1 the same day he gets his motorcycle endorsment here in the states.:scared:
 
First bike I ever rode was a Goldwing (1800CC)... I took the test on it too...

Just becasue the power is there, doesn't mean you have to twist the throttle and use it all...
 
The first bike you rode was a what?

Goldwing?

How big are you?

I still cant believe it. If its true, that goldwing must have some 'cosmetic additions' to its sides now.
 
I don't know what bikes you have available to you in the UK that are under 33hp, but that's not too bad. Should be plenty of power for riding around town (the 36hp Ninja 250R does 0-60 in under 6 seconds). The engine will be working fairly hard to maintain freeway speeds though.

Also, the serious 250cc bikes like the CBR250RR are 45hp, although I'm pretty sure I've seen kits that limit their output to 33hp for use in the UK.
 
The first bike you rode was a what?

Goldwing?

How big are you?

I still cant believe it. If its true, that goldwing must have some 'cosmetic additions' to its sides now.

I was 15 years old 6'2" tall and 275 lbs at the time...

New Goldwing pics




 
I don't know what bikes you have available to you in the UK that are under 33hp, but that's not too bad. Should be plenty of power for riding around town (the 36hp Ninja 250R does 0-60 in under 6 seconds). The engine will be working fairly hard to maintain freeway speeds though.

Also, the serious 250cc bikes like the CBR250RR are 45hp, although I'm pretty sure I've seen kits that limit their output to 33hp for use in the UK.

cool, I cant wait to start get riding
 
For a first timer, a 250cc is more than enough. In fact, it's lots of damn fun.

Still want to get myself one of those Ninjas... who cares how much faster you can go with a bigger bike when you're bombing off the stratospheric rev limiter in merely "moderately fast" driving? :lol:
 
I was 15 years old 6'2" tall and 275 lbs at the time...

New Goldwing pics







Ah..you're quite large sized then.

But i did rode a shadow 600 with only prior experience on small 100cc mopeds.

A 1st timer should learn the basics well before given more power.
 
Ah..you're quite large sized then.

But i did rode a shadow 600 with only prior experience on small 100cc mopeds.

A 1st timer should learn the basics well before given more power.


Aye... that I was... And I must admit that I had ridden quads and snowmobies ALOT as a kid so moving to a motorcycle was a not a totally foriegn thing... But I will admit the learning curve would ahve been easier if I had started on a slightly smaller bike...
 
Back