I want to start over but...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eks
  • 3 comments
  • 605 views

Eks

Messages
2,055
United States
United States
Messages
Brucifxr
Hi. I was thinking about it and have decided that I want to erase my GT5 save and start over. Why? Because sadly, I was spoiled with all the DLC cars. *cough* X2011 *cough*.
I started over a few days ago but that was because of the arrival of my PS3 Super Slim and GT5 XL.
And of course I am not obligated to drive them but I couldn't resist.

So my question is, how would I delete my GT5 save without deleting the DLC downloads that XL came with? I am not familiar with deleting individual items from my HDD as I have never done it before.
 
Got to Saved game utility under GAME, press triangle on GT5 save data, delete it and the backup.
 
Eks
Hi. I was thinking about it and have decided that I want to erase my GT5 save and start over. Why? Because sadly, I was spoiled with all the DLC cars. *cough* X2011 *cough*.
I started over a few days ago but that was because of the arrival of my PS3 Super Slim and GT5 XL.
And of course I am not obligated to drive them but I couldn't resist.

So my question is, how would I delete my GT5 save without deleting the DLC downloads that XL came with? I am not familiar with deleting individual items from my HDD as I have never done it before.

Don't worry - I've done this a few times and never had any problems with DLC.

Basically, in the XMB (I hope you know what that is, I trust you do) and under GAME scroll up past the PSN Store to Saved Data Utility (I think that's what it's called) and go in there. Find the GT5 saves (there should be 2, main one and backup) delete them both with triangle and select delete.

Now that's done, open GT5 again, once in the main menu after setting the screen position etc. go to the DLC menu on the far right of the main menu with the arrow pointing down. Reinstall all your DLC's then enter GTLife and you begin again. So you need to open all your DLC car tickets, and press x so many times 'til you're bored - basically your DLC is fine, it's saved in your GAME DATA not SAVE DATA.

Once that's done it's now up to you whether you want to race in the Sunday Cup with the X2011 or not :dunce:
 
Thanks guys and no I do not plan to use the X2011 at all. Infact I may just sell all DLC cars to have a more raw experience. 👍
 
Back