I want to test all cars vs each others, need suggestions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aleander
  • 15 comments
  • 1,002 views
Messages
27
Belgium
Gent
Messages
Aleander_GF
I will give a short introduction.

From when i was kid i loved to make races with toycars vs each other. Now i want to make the ultimate battle between the cars of Gran Turismo.

I will let all 1034 cars i own race vs each other in a time trial on different tracks.
I wonder what will be the most interesting battle. Would it be with max tuned cars or the original cars.

And which tracks would be the most interesting in your oppinion?

If you have any constructive suggestion i would love to hear it.
 
I would suggest stock cars around the Top Gear test track.
 
Reminds me of Trackmania's replay editor - you could stitch together hundreds of replays on the same track, thus making it look like hundreds of cars are racing each other (quite comical actually).
 
You could make your own top gear series
 
Last edited:
Keep it simple. Stock cars on default tires. No tuning and no aids, no abs, no tc. Top Gear sounds good but some other tracks that get used for TT's are the Nordschleife and Tsukuba. Suzuka is a good one to test GT500's. Have fun!
 
I will let all 1034 cars i own race vs each other in a time trial on different tracks

That's an impressive project, it's more than 1/2 million races. Are you planning to sleep at all in the next few years?
 
I will give a short introduction.

From when i was kid i loved to make races with toycars vs each other. Now i want to make the ultimate battle between the cars of Gran Turismo.

I will let all 1034 cars i own race vs each other in a time trial on different tracks.
I wonder what will be the most interesting battle. Would it be with max tuned cars or the original cars.

And which tracks would be the most interesting in your oppinion?

If you have any constructive suggestion i would love to hear it.

All depends on your purpose in doing the testing. If you're just doing it for fun and your own satisfaction then do whatever you want. Faster cars on bigger tracks, slower cars on smaller tracks.

If you want the testing to have some comparitive meaning, then you have to standardize the cars in some way. HP, weight, PP, class etc. are all ways to equate cars in some way. Obviously you can't compare a 200 hp sedan to a 600 hp supercar so you'd have to sort the cars into relatively similar categories for testing.
 
Nordschleife would be the most comprehensive test, if you're up to it. It's got tight and twisty parts as well as the long straight. The top gear test track would be a good alternative. Definitely race the cars stock, on their stock tires.
 
Trial Mountain would be a good track IMO.
It's reasonably short, but still challenging.
 
Trial Mountain would be a good track IMO.
It's reasonably short, but still challenging.

This would be my suggestion as well. It has some tight corners, sweeping corners, bumpy corners and lots of elevation changes. And it's under 2 minutes a lap (usually) so can be faster than the Nordshleife to test on.
 
I tested every car in GT4. Each did 3 laps of Trial Mountain on spec tyres (one specification for road cars, one for race cars) and the fastest lap was noted.

However, to remove bias I did it with B-Spec Bob set to the same pace rate. It's not possible to do this in GT5 - you can't just send Bob out to practice and he doesn't stay at the same pace.

It also meant I could run it at increased speed with the fast forward function. It still took forever and you can't do it that way - it all has to be real time. And you want to do that with 50% more cars and at multiple tracks? Nice knowing you.
 
That's an almighty project.

Like the previous few posts, I also agree on Trial Mountain, it has been my primary test track since GT1, and it still never bores me (especially in reverse). My other two testing tracks are Daytona Road Course and Nurburgring GP/F.

The Top Gear Track would also be an excellent choice, though you'd have to try to use or avoid all of that spare tarmac consistently.
 
I'd do it on the TGTT, simply because it's a pretty balanced track when it comes to turns and straights.
 
I've been doing this too, but with fully tuned cars on the Trial Mountain Raceway.
 
Back