I was hyped about a Wii U release, was let down- Twice.

• Thread starter KromCo
  • 7 comments

Would you like this forum to be more gaming inclusive (Wii U, other platforms)

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • What is a Wii U, kiddy console?

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
United States
Wisconsin
KromCompany
I recently have gotten a PS4. I have owned a Wii U (and still wondering why a Wii U prefix doesn't exist in the Console and PC section of the Forum). I remember when SMS announced it was being work on for Wii U I got excited. But then months before release, they cancelled it on Wii U due to technical limitations. Jump up to this year, I bought a PS4. I got Driveclub first and Senran Kagura Estival Versus very shortly after (on launch day with the Vita version, which why isn't there a vita prefix- this isn't a very gamer ready forum, I am going to criticize.)

This game was very saddening on how it required a huge update and it features a sad roster of cars. The game is very difficult to use with controller, and the cars slide a lot. I have driven a car at the speeds in the game and they don't slide- that much. It feels messy: yeah it's a sim racer, but it is really sad.

I recently have gotten a PS4. I have owned a Wii U (and still wondering why a Wii U prefix doesn't exist in the Console and PC section of the Forum). I remember when SMS announced it was being work on for Wii U I got excited. But then months before release, they cancelled it on Wii U due to technical limitations. Jump up to this year, I bought a PS4. I got Driveclub first and Senran Kagura Estival Versus very shortly after (on launch day with the Vita version, which why isn't there a vita prefix- this isn't a very gamer ready forum, I am going to criticize.)

This game was very saddening on how it required a huge update and it features a sad roster of cars. The game is very difficult to use with controller, and the cars slide a lot. I have driven a car at the speeds in the game and they don't slide- that much. It feels messy: yeah it's a sim racer, but it is really sad.

If you'd ever played the game on PC alpha-access you'd have realised a long time ago that it was never coming to a Wii U.

You've answered your own question as regards the Wii U - technical limitations. It's not on par with current gen and third party developers don't care for it.

We have a Wii U and also an Xbox One. ( I had a PS4 but traded it in for the X1). Personally, the Wii U is an awesome console as is the Xbox One, but you must expect entirely different things from each. As you said, the Wii U has technical limitations that the Xbox One/PS4 does not (which they are supposedly fixing with the new Nintendo console coming out).

Simply put, the Wii U is more family friendly and soft-hearted than most of the offerings from the X1/PS4.

You can post as much as you like in the Console and PC Gaming sub-forum about the Wii U, it has nothing at all to do with GT Planet not being 'gaming inclusive' and far more to do with the make up of our membership (which is mainly car and Motorsport related).

This game was very saddening on how it required a huge update
As do just about every game released on Sony or MS platforms, PCars is actually one of teh smaller ones in that regard.

and it features a sad roster of cars.
In your opinion (I happen to disagree), however the car list was freely available from launch and as such its a bit odd to complain about it after you have purchased. Did you not check the car list before you bought it?

The game is very difficult to use with controller,
Yes it is and the default set-ups are not great, however we have a lot of threads here that give set-ups you can try, such as here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/pcars-unplayable-on-a-dualshock.328286/page-8#post-10733217

and the cars slide a lot. I have driven a car at the speeds in the game and they don't slide- that much.
Which car? Which Tyre? Which Track and corner and what speed?

I ask because I've a fair bit of experience on track, including with race slicks (including cold ones) and while PCars is not perfect, its certainly not a million miles away from what it should be at all.

It feels messy: yeah it's a sim racer, but it is really sad.
Sorry you feel that way, I honestly rate it as the best sim on console right now, however you may want to give Dirt: Rally a go (if rally is your thing) or wait until Assetto Corsa comes out.

Back