IA-10 2 Lap Battle Was Awesome

  • Thread starter Thread starter edgecrusher
  • 24 comments
  • 1,753 views
Messages
127
Messages
edgecrusher29
It took me about 3 hours to finally run two clean laps, but I had a blast hucking the Gallardo around the track. The AI constantly moved back into my line and DQ'd me, but in the end I finally was able to get past everyone without incident. 50 gold down, 10 more to go. Here I come S License.
 
That was a fun challenge. I had a lot of trouble with turn 1 of that track but as long as I took it slow through there I could catch up on the rest of the track. The S license tests are going to be fun if you enjoyed that.
 
I use a DS3, I feel like that challenge (and a lot of the licenses) would be a lot easier if I had pedals to control throttle modulation better. Birthday is coming up, Wife, are you reading this?
 
I use a DS3, I feel like that challenge (and a lot of the licenses) would be a lot easier if I had pedals to control throttle modulation better. Birthday is coming up, Wife, are you reading this?

Wifey, if you are reading this, you need to buy him the triggers he can put on L2 and R2, which are a lot cheaper. 👍
 
I really enjoyed this test aswell, after a few 3-4 times I manage to overtake 1st in the first tunel after the shart left turn and I could really picture the gold then on the last right turn before the straight ahead to the finish line I somehow managed to turn a bit too early as I came too far on the inside of the turn with all wheels and got disqualified lol

after that guess I spent another 45-50min to get gold becouse of the AI's and some few mistakes..
 
I tried it and didn't like it, went back to x and square.
 
In all fairness I didn't have too much trouble with this one. I enjoyed driving the Lambo and once I got the first corner sorted without bumping into anyone or losing it under heavy braking I managed to win this one without too much difficultly.

The one I'm fighting with is the 2 lap shoot out around Rome in the Ferrari 512BB. It's so wild under braking and being a tight 1st corner makes it tricky. I've lost count of the number of time my rear end would clip someone under braking and it would disqualify me :(
 
I tried it and didn't like it, went back to x and square.
I'm impressed you made it that far with X and Square. When I used the controller I used both joysticks for better throttle modulation. It took a little while to get used to but it was the only way to race on certain tracks where you couldn't give full throttle.
 
In all fairness I didn't have too much trouble with this one. I enjoyed driving the Lambo and once I got the first corner sorted without bumping into anyone or losing it under heavy braking I managed to win this one without too much difficultly.

The one I'm fighting with is the 2 lap shoot out around Rome in the Ferrari 512BB. It's so wild under braking and being a tight 1st corner makes it tricky. I've lost count of the number of time my rear end would clip someone under braking and it would disqualify me :(


I had a lot of fun with this race as well, but had quite a bit of experience driving the 512BB so I knew what to expect out of it. The key to this race was hitting the tight hairpin before the long straight to carry as much speed as possible, and being able to draft the Miura.
 
Since I am one of those *other* platform enthusiast, I naturally set up my controller with acc and brake on the triggers. When I moved from GT3 to F2, I had no choice. I had to use the triggers. Now I have no idea how I did it prior.

Give it a shot again, it takes a bit of time but the modulation will make life much easier. However my one grip about the DS3 is finding the line between halfway and full throttle. Its MUCH to finite. Needs to be more variation throughout the squeeze. Not sure if that is a firmware or a software issue though.

Again, give it a shot. If you ahve been playing all the GT series with the buttons its going to take more than a race or two to become comfortable with it but I bet your times go down once you acclimate to it.
 
Just did this challenge yesterday and really enjoyed it too.

I don't have a steering wheel, and I'm old'n'rubbish, so I'm not going for gold in the licenses anyway. So, in the first 5 licenses I think I have 35 silver with 15 golds speckled in between. Not sure how I'll fare in the S-license though.

Anyway, on this, I got into 2nd place after the first turn of the 2nd lap and took it easy because it took me over 1 hour to make a clean first lap :D

I found that the AI sometimes really swerved, but they did it regularly, so you could time your moves on their moves most of the time.

Either way, good fun...
 
Yeah, I tried to go through the licenses with the triggers. In a race, I'm fine with triggers because it doesn't need to be soooooo exact, but i've just got too many hours and years in with the controller to make the switch now (unless it's to a wheel).
 
If you can do this challenge, you will gold the S liceneses pretty easy. I used a controller and I wouldn't call myself amazing at all. But this challenge and the S Licenese are defiantly a lot of fun indeed :)
 
I had tried this with my DS3 a while back, I failed...

I'm going to try a few more times.
 
Yeah, I tried to go through the licenses with the triggers. In a race, I'm fine with triggers because it doesn't need to be soooooo exact, but i've just got too many hours and years in with the controller to make the switch now (unless it's to a wheel).

I tried switching to the triggers also, and tried for a while. But, I'm "old & rubbish" also, and I've decided to stick with X and square. It just feels a lot more comfortable and natural for me, since I've always used them. And I don't see myself ever using a wheel, I'd feel silly!

I just try to get all silvers in the licenses and the AMG Nurb special event, and I don't need to get 100% on the game either.
 
Just got to this one last night, it's pretty fun, getting a clean lap was a pain, so I stopped, but you can really give it in that car, so much fun :)
 
Easily possible with DS3 using x and square, and agree with OP - that was a really fun test! Unlike IC-10 which is a bit too much, even if I did get there in the end
 
The one I'm fighting with is the 2 lap shoot out around Rome in the Ferrari 512BB. It's so wild under braking and being a tight 1st corner makes it tricky. I've lost count of the number of time my rear end would clip someone under braking and it would disqualify me :(

The trick in the rome challenge is to apply minimum braking (dunno if it works []) but with l2/r2 it's ok. Just do 30%-50% braking power and you should be fine.
 
Managed to gold it after a few tries.

With the controller, I use the right analog as a throttle and brake. Also use the square button just in case.
 
I felt that IC-10 was harder.
When I got IC-10 Golded, everything else was a cake walk.
 
I got all S-license gold rather easily. I have 38 golds and 10 are from that license. I just don't have the patience to play the 30 second sections over and over for .03 seconds.
 
I'm with you there MMeglen. I'm much better at passing cars than I am doing some of those other 10-15 second tests. I'll go back someday and gold everything but for now silvers are fine for me. I started the tests when I first got the game though and since I just started the S tests I'm wondering if I have simply improved over the past 2 months.
 
I found the S License very very easy compared to the other Licenses.
In one of the Licenses that should have been easier, I couldn't get Gold in the Cone Slaloms without becoming very frustrated.
I ended up Golding it with a DS3 (I use wheel).
 
Yeah, the slalom is tough. Gotta watch your speed and accelerate slowly while providing smooth input with the steering. Not sure if I golded that one or gave up.
 
Back