I'd like to see a better way to organize cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter takl23
  • 21 comments
  • 1,276 views
Messages
141
Messages
sallyk23
User created folders would be awesome. A way to keep my DTM touring cars in one area, Super GT in another, etc. I know you can search my make, model, etc. But something like this would make the game that much better for me.
 
I agree! And be able to see what folder the car is in when you are in Arcade mode too. Its hard to tell what cars are about equal when you only have HP to judge against
 
I'd settle for all the cars in one list to start with. Folders is a great idea. Custom folders for the cars and allow a car to be in more than one folder.
 
cars from different classes would be awesome!
 
Custom folders would be an amazing idea. And add an 'all' tab so we can view standards and premiums together if we want to just scroll through the entire contents of our garage.
 
FM3 has it all..

In my experience the GT series has always missed important stuff like this. Its finally given us the option to chose a different car when the current one doesnt meet the regulations for the race, but the cars listed can have the wrong tire, so you still cant enter the race.. *facepalm_
 
folders would be nice. I would love to be able to rename them.
 
Custom folders would be much appreciated especially as my garage grows larger and larger.
I would love to have a folder for my drift cars, stock road cars, race cars, modified road cars, concept cars etc. Would make things so much easier.
Go on PD you know it should be done!
 
Totally agreed, as the garage grows, it is very hard, or taking longer time than it should be, to look for a car, or that series of cars. I am trying to collect all the Lancer Evo, but everytime I see one in UCD, I have to click on the filters, scroll up/down... a bit of a hassle. Or they can filter out the one I own in the UCD would be nice...
 
I want to be able to take ALL of my cars online, not just my "favorite" 100. Seriously, I could pick 100 hondas alone.
 
I want to be able to take ALL of my cars online, not just my "favorite" 100. Seriously, I could pick 100 hondas alone.

yes that too. I think it would be nice, like the prev GTs, can pick cars from "My Garage" instead of hand pick fav.
 
Folders would be great (as in Forza 3). Much easier!
 
FM3 has it all..

In my experience the GT series has always missed important stuff like this. Its finally given us the option to chose a different car when the current one doesnt meet the regulations for the race, but the cars listed can have the wrong tire, so you still cant enter the race.. *facepalm_

+1, niether of these great games can get everything right, oh well. I would also like when you sort the garage for it to stay that way.
 
Especially since the whole separation of Standard and Premium cars is so obnoxious... I'd much rather have an "All" option and the ability to sort the cars as I see fit... isn't GT5 trying to be a museum or a game for car lovers after all?

I hate having to sort by Nissan... check Premium cars, then go to Standard cars, sort by Nissan again... then flipping back to Premium to compare.... ugh...

So this is a good idea...
 
Sort of on the same topic, but while we're on the theme of user-friendly menus, can we change the practice mode track selection screen? GT5p got it right, where left/right chooses the location and up/down chooses the track variation. I see no point in having to scroll to the other end of the list to select the same track but without chicanes etc.
And the drop-down menu track selection in online mode is just... silly.
Anyway, I digress. Unordered lists just annoy me, is all...
 
I wouldn't mind but at least have all the variations following on from each other! It's all over the place!!! :crazy:
 
Agreed (with the OP, that is). I also wish (kind of related) that there was a link to the tuning screen in the A/B Spec races screens and garage and a garage button in the Tuning options, UCD and Photo Travel. It wouldn't mind so much if the UI was more responsive, but as it is it has to think for a bit when you leave one menu to go to another.
 
Yeah with the loading time hitting triangle in any screen should open a "goto" option that lists all location.

Right now from my garage if I want to oil change and buy tires then run a few laps, I have to load main, load GT, load oil change, do oil change load main, load tuning, get parts, load main, load practice. Pick track

Why not hit triangle to bring up a text menu like we can in the garage and then go to the GT option, which has a sub menu accessed by pressing right so I could go to oil change in one click.

After the oil change I could hit triangle and scroll to tuning, again pressing right on tuning gives you the sub menu for all the options in tuning (tires, intake, exhaust...) , I pick tires. It loads that screen and I buy them and hit triangle again, this time I go to practice, hitting right give me the track list, like online. I pick my track. It loads the track.

three loads instead of 6
 
Last edited:
Being able to access the garage from the track you're practicing on seems like a no brainer as well! If I'm testing different cars why should I have to back all the way out and go to my garage and then go through all that wait time to get back to the same track?

I love GT5 but there are some things that are clunky that 5-6 years of development should have worked out by using common sense alone.
 
Back