I'd like to see a whole documentary on the Gran Turismo series.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 8 comments
  • 837 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
Pretty much talking about the birth of PD, the technology used in all the games and how it changed since the PS1 days, showing development footage and also talking about the entire genre.

I've seen a few here and there but only on a few games and only like 20 minutes long. I think the series deserves some professional recognition, like on science channel or something.
 
Fully agree with you on this one mate, would be so damned cool to see this. Technology wise I know for example, that PD used Java to model the cars in GT3, for GT1 and 2 they used something else.

For a start, I uploaded myself a sort of documentary about the GT series on youtube, it's 4 parts big and in German but I translated it in the description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBm8BcXptUU Part 1: Music of GT3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i9qLMWqx_U Part 2: The history of GT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8dEbifvto Part 3: Twin ring motegi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEZigpwm05s Part 4: Inside GT3
 
I don't see why not, with GT-TV...anything should be possible!

A great idea mate...let's hope PD realise it!
 
I'd love to see a documentary on any game, even though GT would be a dream. Does anyone know of any good ones online for any title/series?
 
I'd love to see a documentary on any game, even though GT would be a dream. Does anyone know of any good ones online for any title/series?

GT : Dream to Reality
 
that would be very intresting to watch, great idea.
 
I reckon there's probably about 2-3m people who would watch it. Fox would cancel that show :)
 
Anyone heard of the show Icons that used to come on G4? It's a show documenting the history of popular game series, developers and more. One of the episodes was on Gran Turismo. I remember seeing it once, but I don't remember much.

You can find more on it here:

http://g4tv.com/gamemakers/episodes/3863/Gran-Turismo.html
 
I've been looking for this forever, G4TV do not seem to show reruns anymore. There are some episodes of "Icons" on youtube, but this isn't one of em. "Icons" also seems to have been called "Game Makers" at one point as well.

Anyone heard of the show Icons that used to come on G4? It's a show documenting the history of popular game series, developers and more. One of the episodes was on Gran Turismo. I remember seeing it once, but I don't remember much.

You can find more on it here:

http://g4tv.com/gamemakers/episodes/3863/Gran-Turismo.html
 
Back