I'd love to play GT6 again but the install has taken 12 hours already.

• Thread starter ArchangelX
  • 6 comments
United States
Honolulu, Hawaii
This has to be the worst example of installing a game I've ever seen in my life. Absolutely horrible. I've been playing mostly Asseto Corsa and ProjectC on PC with my wheel, but I decided to load up GT6 again. It's been awhile since I've played and my kid lost the disc, so I had to purchase it online The download wasn't too bad...15GBs went pretty quick. The problem is the freaking install...which took hours. And now...the updates. Holy jeezus. I am sick of this. This is stupid. It's been updating since 7:30 this morning. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
i had my ps3 stolen a while back and i had to buy gt6 again and update it to i think at the time it was (v 1.17) so much downloading to do, and the install ended up taking about 18 hours to finish. not only that, i was around 40k to 50k miles and i lost all my data so i had to start from fresh again

You must download the updates 1 or 2 at a time then install them (rinse and repeat) until all updates are done. It's a long painstaking pain in the a** but it's the only way it works. If you try downloading it all at once then installing it you will get the error message every time. There are few videos on YouTube that show you the exact process.

The online Lobby still stay full on the weekends and at night on weekdays. I have a large group of guys I meet every Wednesday night for 400pp to 550pp online racing the rest of my time is spent playing offline.

Back