Idea for GT4 online, not that it'll be in the game but just a thought...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aveiro-F1
  • 18 comments
  • 720 views
Messages
102
It'd be cool to have like team racing online. Like you have only 6 in the field, so it'd be 3 teams of 2 (only if you wanted of course). It'd be pretty sweet, and then when you're on the microphone you can communicate with your team-mater and draft together and pit in with each other and stuff like that. I think it'd really be cool to have something like that online.
 
Yeah another ideas thread. How about an idea thread suggesting to people that ideas threads aren't a great idea.
 
donbenni
Yeah another ideas thread. How about an idea thread suggesting to people that ideas threads aren't a great idea.
LOL :cheers: and most of the time the idea threads are somewhat... similiar.
 
Atleast they could have a database of the best laps and you could send or download ghosts
 
Aveiro-F1
It'd be cool to have like team racing online. Like you have only 6 in the field, so it'd be 3 teams of 2 (only if you wanted of course). It'd be pretty sweet, and then when you're on the microphone you can communicate with your team-mater and draft together and pit in with each other and stuff like that. I think it'd really be cool to have something like that online.

I quite like the idea. However for GT its not that suitable. Its a driving simulator not a racing simulator.

I love the idea though, I would love it. :)
 
Aveiro-F1
It'd be cool to have like team racing online. Like you have only 6 in the field, so it'd be 3 teams of 2 (only if you wanted of course). It'd be pretty sweet, and then when you're on the microphone you can communicate with your team-mater and draft together and pit in with each other and stuff like that. I think it'd really be cool to have something like that online.

Forza will have a car club online similar to what you are referring too. You may want to give it a try in february.
 
I for sure will IF there is a proper wheel, driving on a pad will never cut it for me
 
Soman
I for sure will IF there is a proper wheel, driving on a pad will never cut it for me

I agree. The wheel is necessary.
 
I wish that GT4 atleast will have an online database of the best times and their ghosts for people to download, that would be nice.
 
Soman
I wish that GT4 atleast will have an online database of the best times and their ghosts for people to download, that would be nice.

Yep. Then we wouldn't have to argue who did the best lap time of the forums. PD needs to wake up and smell the rubber.
 
donbenni
Yeah another ideas thread. How about an idea thread suggesting to people that ideas threads aren't a great idea.
How about an idea thread for you to chill out? Seriously, god damn. You post a thread about a release date, you're flamed, you post without searching, you're flamed. It's come down to, you post, and you're flamed.

Oh and I almost forgot: that was the most unfunny rhetorical/b*tching post I've ever seen here. 👍
 
Actually Idea threads ARE a great idea. Many times programmers and PR reps look at forums of fans to find ideas and see what the community REALLY wants. Until the boards went down, I was an moderator on the STGD boards of star trek fame. Paramount's video game PR guy Harry Lang often visited those boards and it wasn't uncommon for things suggested on those boards to come up in the next game. We got exclusive interviews. It was actually a lot of fun. In fact, several of the SFC3 programmers visited the site on a regular basis (a few times a week).

Sometimes we wouldn't even find out that a certain person was a programmer until a long time. So even now, GT4 programmers and Sony's PR reps might be on these boards, grabbing ideas for GT5.


Although, I will admit, people need to search the boards before submitting an idea thread, sometimes the idea has already been thought of.......
 
didn't pay much attention to the "we wanted gt4 a YEAR ago" idea did they ;)
 
I find that the Ghosts, good ghosts does push you as a driver and you get to see the errors you or the driver did commit, I still have alot of time to cut of the Mountain lap :)
 
lmao. Well, I only said they listened usually, I never said they cared! j/k
I'm sure they know we are all REALLY frustrated, heck, they'd know that even without checking the boards, it's only natural. Let's just hope all the delays come to make a great game.
 
Soman
I wish that GT4 atleast will have an online database of the best times and their ghosts for people to download, that would be nice.

And setups and photos too. The reason for the online mode not being in the game are the problems with online racing. The other options should not be difficult to implement, because they don't need a low ping or lagless network.
 
S31Ender
lmao. Well, I only said they listened usually, I never said they cared! j/k

I dont mind the wait, hell.. from what weve been able to see so far a lot has happened in that year!
 
Back