Idea: Micheal Schumacher Tribute DLC

• Thread starter AJFast12
  • 22 comments

Would you like to see this DLC Tribute?

• Total voters
United States
United States
AJFast12
Even though he didnt pass away yet like Aryton Senna, his career accomplishments should be praised just like Senna's.

7 World Championships and 91 grand prix wins (although people argue its the car not the driver), thats astounding, even though other drivers like Lewis Hamilton and Sebastien Vettel is closing that gap.

Description: Tackle the legacy of famous F1 driver Micheal Schumacher in different events in legendary cars throughout his racing career.

Cars included in DLC:

1994 Benetton B194 (Non-Tabacco Livery) Gr.F

1998 Ferrari F3000 (Non Tabacco Barcode Livery) Gr.F

2002 Ferrari F2002 (Vodafone/Barcode Livery) Gr.F

2004 Ferrari F2004 (Vodafone/Barcode Livery) Gr.F

2010 Mercedes MGP W01 Gr.F

(These cars will be available in Brands Cental after completing different tribute events. Once bought or earned you can take off the default livery and customize the car in the livery editor.)

DLC Tracks:

Hockenhiemring (Old Forest Layout)

Buenos Aires (GP Layout)

Indianapolis Motor Speedway (GP Layout)

Circuit Gilles Villenueve

Magyar Nagydij ('98 Layout)

Circuit De Spa Francorchamps ('98 Layout)

(Tracks will be available in arcade and time trials once you completed different tribute events. Included in Online Open Lobby List by default.)

Rewards:

Driver Suits throughout his career

Racing Helmets throughout his career

Schumacher Decals (Signature, Name in Cursive, #KeepFightingMicheal)

Brand Central Videos and Information

Scapes at new DLC tracks

So what do you think? Any ideas, criticism, or improvements?

*Note: This update will also be playable offline once GT: Sport is updated.

Great idea!!

I have a #KeepFightingMichael decal that I have put on the LaFerrari!!

LaFerrari.jpg

I would enjoy this proposed content and have no problem in celebrating the eminence talent that Schumacher is/was.

That said, I think that his success is still relativity recent and his records still stand, 7 world drivers championships... So I think it would be more interesting to have a Grand Prix legend from a further back time. Someone who was brilliant, but not remembered as well, especially by those unfamiliar with the sport;

Rindt
Villeneuve
Hill
Fangio
Clarke

And I'm sure others too that I can't think off the top of my head

I'll stay neutral to this, we need more content but not as specific DLC, wouldn't mind to get those tracks even as newest layouts.

Cheers...

Once bought or earned you can take off the default livery and customize the car in the livery editor.)
Zero chance of that happening, the livery designs are an integral part of the 'brand' of these cars.

Its a nice idea, but you end up with a lot of cars that have nothing (but themselves) to race against, that's OK when you have a car list the size of GT5 or GT6, not when you have one the size of GTS, I also simply can't see them getting that many tracks developed in a reasonable time period.

would be nice to just have an open wheel car, as some talked about on here. Everyone could have their own livery and set the car up as you like. I think that would make a fun class. Maybe a couple inspired of different eras. The light weight diesels of today, and the great NA of 2000-ish. they run about the same laptimes right?

Zero chance of that happening, the livery designs are an integral part of the 'brand' of these cars.

Its a nice idea, but you end up with a lot of cars that have nothing (but themselves) to race against, that's OK when you have a car list the size of GT5 or GT6, not when you have one the size of GTS, I also simply can't see them getting that many tracks developed in a reasonable time period.

Can't you edit the liveries of older F1 cars in Forza?

Can't you edit the liveries of older F1 cars in Forza?
You can edit the liveries of every car in Forza titles, however I've been told in the past that this is part of Microsoft's general licensing agreement with the car manufacturers. If a manufacturer doesn't want their car to be "painted" by the community, it won't be added to the game(s).

You can edit the liveries of every car in Forza titles, however I've been told in the past that this is part of Microsoft's general licensing agreement with the car manufacturers. If a manufacturer doesn't want their car to be "painted" by the community, it won't be added to the game(s).
Fair enough, but didn’t they have classic McLaren and Lotus’s in Forza at one point?
Not sure why you couldn’t repaint any other classic F1 car...

They can always add the formula gt to give us a car to play with in the livery editor.

Ontopic : i would be very happy if that happend, but i dont think it ever will.

Lewis hamilton is already a brand in the brand central, so if they would do something like the senna tribute, it would be with Hamilton.

Also, with the current situation, a schumacher tribute would sound like he's dead. No way the family would allow that.

And i am a huuughe fan of MSC, but his 7 world titles and all his records dont mean that he's the best driver ever. Imagine a race between him, Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Senna, Lauda, Fangio, Clark and many others.... all in their best form and in the same car... are you sure michael would win?

Fair enough, but didn’t they have classic McLaren and Lotus’s in Forza at one point?
As it depends on the requirement of the manufacturer in question (which does then add an additional issue with Benetton and who owns that licence), Ferrari have a track record of limiting what you can do cosmetically with its models.

A quick look at the limited or non-existent fantasy liveries for some manufacturers in both AC and PC/PC2 gives you an idea of who is and isn't happy for this to happen. It also tends to be less of an issue for road cars and for race cars that don't have a lot of brand recognition around them.

There are multiple classic McLaren and Lotus cars (and pretty much every car from the 1967 season) in the games now, and they are all fully paintable.

The default liveries, naturally, have their tobacco/alcoholic sponsors removed, but painters like @JPinto usually sort that out quickly ;)

Default livery:
car_505_1_5637e09803af0.jpg

His livery:
24cimub.jpg

Michael Schumacher is my favourite athlete of all time but PD needs to fix many of the basics of GT Sport before it indulges itself in tribute DLC and the like.

honestly, i hope it doesnt happen. such a waste of effort and time. why not just release better DLC with better content. i hate DLC's that focus on a single brand or a single theme. it's kind of annoying. i'd rather have DLC that gives 20 random cars, 20 random tracks.

I believe those F1 cars wouldn't be interesting if they aren't customizable and can't be raced anywhere unless it races against itself, like how it was in GT5(which was very stupid).

If that wasn't the case, then these cars would need their own Gr. class, call it Gr.F if you will.

And regarding Schumy, I really hope he wakes up one day because nobody deserves what he's going through, and I won't deny his talent, but I honestly believe that most of his wins in his career comes from the fact that his cars were the best overall and his opponents simply couldn't be fast enough as him since their cars weren't as good.

I think since the game has interlagos(which I dare to say is a incredibly accurate recreation of it, but it's lacking the weather) , it would be perfect for a Senna DLC but PD already have done that in GT6 while not having the track which was a integral part of Senna career(I think we all remember how important the track and the setting was to him and Brazilians in his victory in 1991).

Last edited:
Back