[IDEA] What would the legendary "1000 Miles" event would look like in GT Sport?

• Thread starter die996
  • 17 comments

die996

(Banned)
Spain
Spain
I'd personally make it accessible to classic European cars (with some exceptions) but they'd still race in Europe.
· Abarth 1500 Biposto
· Chevrolet Camaro Z28
· Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
· Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta
· Ferrari Dino 246GT
· FIAT 500F
· Honda S800
· Jaguar E-Type
· Lamborghini Miura P400 --- I'd probably outlaw it.
· Mini Cooper S
· Porsche 356A 1500
· Renault R8 Gordini
· Toyota 2000GT
· Toyota Sports 800
· Volkswagen 1200
· Volkswagen Sambabus Type2

Race 1 = Brands Hatch - 400km
Race 2 = Le Mans - 400km
Race 3 = Nurburgring Nordschleife - 400km
Race 4 = Goodwood - 400km
It's a shame this event was cut from Gran Turismo 5, it would've been quite fun with the wider array of cars and the much bigger grid!

Last edited:
I'd make the 1000 miles open region for cars, but keep it to Europe based tracks.

It's events like these I hope GT7 brings back. I also miss full on championships, because the individual events just don't cut it for some reason. They are fun to do, but the sense of accomplishment isn't there.

I'd personally make it accessible to classic European cars (with some exceptions) but they'd still race in Europe.
· Abarth 1500 Biposto
· Chevrolet Camaro Z28
· Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
· Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta
· Ferrari Dino 246GT
· FIAT 500F
· Honda S800
· Jaguar E-Type
· Lamborghini Miura P400 --- I'd probably outlaw it.
· Mini Cooper S
· Porsche 356A 1500
· Renault R8 Gordini
· Toyota 2000GT
· Toyota Sports 800
· Volkswagen 1200
· Volkswagen Sambabus Type2

Race 1 = Brands Hatch - 250km
Race 2 = Le Mans - 250km
Race 3 = Nurburgring Nordschleife - 250km
Race 4 = Goodwood - 250km
It's a shame this event was cut from Gran Turismo 5, it would've been quite fun with the wider array of cars and the much bigger grid!

This would be perfect for GTS with the number of classic cars available.

(I thought for a moment this was going to be 40 laps of Route X in the Sambabus :lol:)

250km, that's barely 10 laps on N24, you could do the 1000km on there alone!
40 laps, 6 hour endurance race, well 6 days with the fiat 500 :lol:

We really need dynamic time and weather for long endurance races. It's not that much fun under static conditions.

Miura against Sambabus sounds fun to me.
I think superdominant cars should be outlawed from events like these to keep them fun and challenging for the player. I would like players to be like "which car should I pick?", not just go for the Miura.

PS: Maybe not the Sambabus and/or the Beetle but slower cars should appear to keep it fun (lapped traffic).

250km, that's barely 10 laps on N24, you could do the 1000km on there alone!
40 laps, 6 hour endurance race, well 6 days with the fiat 500 :lol:

We really need dynamic time and weather for long endurance races. It's not that much fun under static conditions.

I messed up, it should be 400km per race, not 250km!!!

Personally, I think instead of Brands Hatch, the first race should be on one of the St.Croix layouts, keeping in line with the public-road-turned-racetrack idea of 1000 Miles!.

For allowed cars, I'd suggest that any road car produced before 1970 should be allowed, just like GT4.

Personally, I think instead of Brands Hatch, the first race should be on one of the St.Croix layouts, keeping in line with the public-road-turned-racetrack idea of 1000 Miles!.

For allowed cars, I'd suggest that any road car produced before 1970 should be allowed, just like GT4.
2 problems with what you suggested:

#1 - The original 1000 miles event was all on real places (yes, Opera de Paris is all on real streets and squares in Paris). St. Croix ain't real.

#2 - As I said before, there are a couple of 1960s cars (Ford GT40 & Lamborghini Miura) that would make the event either supereasy to win (if no AI drivers picks them) or superannoying.

I think superdominant cars should be outlawed from events like these to keep them fun and challenging for the player. I would like players to be like "which car should I pick?", not just go for the Miura.

PS: Maybe not the Sambabus and/or the Beetle but slower cars should appear to keep it fun (lapped traffic).

I messed up, it should be 400km per race, not 250km!!!

Ahh, yep 250 miles. 16 laps on N24, good race. As long as it's not in a Sambabus or Fiat 500!

For the next GT Sport I would really like to see multi-class online endurance races on Sarthe and N24 with 200 participants. Special weekend events. Or at least increase the max players in lobbies so we can organize them ourselves!

Sierra, Sainte Croix C, Nordschleife and Sardegna A would replicate the Mille Miglia the best from current and recent past GT tracks. Not putting in Le Mans because you only get straight lines from the public roads parts really.

Sierra, Sainte Croix C, Nordschleife and Sardegna A would replicate the Mille Miglia the best from current and recent past GT tracks. Not putting in Le Mans because you only get straight lines from the public roads parts really.
Have you ever checked the Mille Miglia layout? Most of the roads are still there and it was pretty damn straight. That's why they were able to hit over averages of close to 160kph in the 1950s! There's no way you can get an average of around 160kph out of a 300SL in the Nordschleife.

Of course, if Circuito de la Sierra was still available in GT Sport or GT7 (I highly doubt it), doing the whole thing in there as a singular 1000-mile race would be pretty damn cool. :gtpflag:

There's no way you can get an average of around 160kph out of a 300SL in the Nordschleife.

Yup, there's no way a 300SL would be that slow around the Nordschleife.

More seriously, 160kph average would be a 8 minute lap on the Nordschleife. A 9 minute lap would be about 140kph average. Not too far, not unachievable for a 300SL in race trim as well.

Point isn't necessarily to match exactly the pace anyway. We really don't need races full of 6km long straight lines in a videogame. If the whole thing feels more like the Targa Florio, I wouldn't mind. The Nordschleife is the 4th closest thing to a public road we have in the game. Le Mans public part is all straights so it doesn't really bring any value for the theme, Alsace is way too wide and too banked to be realistically considered roads, Willow Streets is way too slow and Tokyo would be like fitting a Zonda R in the entry list.

If anything, if I had to remove the Nordschleife from that list, I would replace it with Dragon Trail Seaside so that would make it 4 mediterranean tracks. The layout itself would be fitting as well, it only lacks the public roads look really. Or you could as well go with 3 races only, would work perfectly fine.

The Nordschleife is the 4th closest thing to a public road we have in the game. Le Mans public part is all straights so it doesn't really bring any value for the theme, Alsace is way too wide and too banked to be realistically considered roads, Willow Streets is way too slow and Tokyo would be like fitting a Zonda R in the entry list.
What about St. Croix?

What about St. Croix?
There're motorways much narrower than anything in St. Croix. Out of all the tracks in GT Sport, Tokyo's Central Loop and St. Croix are the 2 most disappointing things, Dragon Trail Gardens close to those 2 in 3rd place.

#1 - Tokyo's Central Loop is way too narrow and way too circular to be fun.
#2 - St. Croix would've worked better if it was somewhat realistic (a bit wider than Circuito de la Sierra would've been alright).
#3 - Dragon Trail Gardens is a lot worse than Seaside. I was expecting either something completely different or a bigger+better Seaside but it's just so generic.

Last edited:
Back