[IDEA] Would you like to race some of the classic GT endurance events online?

• Thread starter die996
  • 4 comments

die996

(Banned)
Spain
Spain
So I was browsing around in this place and I found out that almost nobody has tried to recreate the classic GT endurance events. A lot of us have fond memories of playing them against AI drivers in PSX, PS2 and PS3 so I was thinking it could be cool to play them online on GT Sport. Here are some of the possibilities:

· 75 miles with N200 cars
The 30 laps at Trial Mountain from GT2 was a great introductory event to "endurance" racing. Maybe Dragon Trail Gardens with N200 cars would be a nice recreation.

· 180km on Gr.1 cars on a "street" circuit at dark
The "final" endurance race in GT2 consisted of using top-level machinery for 50 laps around SSR5 at dark. We do not have that track anymore but we have both east and south layouts of Tokyo Expressway. Pick one. This is another nice "introductory" race by today's standards.

· 300km or 200km with JDM 1990s N300 cars
Just like the Apricot Hill 200km (GT2) or the Grand Valley Speedway 300km (GT5). I was thinking about racing N300 cars around Dragon Trail (Seaside 300km or Gardens 200km), probably with BoP to make it even more entertaining.

· 500 or 150 miles around an oval on Gr.1 cars
This time we are remembering the Superspeedway races in GT3 and GT4 plus GT5's Indy 500. BoP would be a must in this case. I know using things like the Red Bull cars or the F1500T would make more sense but, you know, the whole point is to recreate the classic GT races.

· 300km SuperGT race
Quite a few racetracks have held 300km races for SuperGT races. I suggest recreating the real Autopolis race with the aforementioned machinery.

· 1000 miles with classic cars
This GT4 series is not technically an endurance event but it is one of the most daunting tasks early in the game. With a possible change to 1000km for the total distance to ease off the pain and using the Nordschleife, Le Mans, Brands Hatch and Goodwood it could be a rather nice championship.

· Tsukuba 9h with Gr.4 cars
I honestly feel Gr.4 cars are, in a way, the modern virtual version of the tuned cars we used to race around Tsukuba on GT5. I would be more than fine to reduce the event's length to a more sustainable 4, 5 or 6 hours.

All those tracks sound good.

What N200 cars?
The more reasonable ones (including some adjusted N100 and N300 cars) and BoP would be ON, the expensive N200 cars would be off-limits.

· Abarth 500
· Alfa Romeo MiTo
· Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro
· BMW M3 Sport Evo
· Citröen DS3 Racing
· Ford Focus ST
· Honda Civic Type-R (both)
· Honda Integra Type-R
· Honda S2000
· Lancia Delta HF
· Mazda Atenza
· Mazda MX-5 (both roadcars)