Ideas for a GT Program

Messages
34
Hi everyone,

I'll be starting a program based around GT4, I'd just like some ideas on what to do. This will Inevitably be released to the public.

IDEAS:
1) A Tournament program to keep track of winnings times, and way to set up ladders for all of you that like to race against your friends.

2) Cracking the GT4 save to enable "Enhancement of cars" heheh

3) Both!
 
[GT]Legacy[GT]
2) Cracking the GT4 save to enable "Enhancement of cars" heheh

People have tried and failed at this, due to the encryption used in the saving process, I believe.

Holding records of races and tournaments sounds cool though.

What language will you be writing in and what kind of programming experience do you have?
 
Yes, cracking the gt4 save game to alter the cars is either impossible or too much troubl eto be feasible.

As far as a tournament tracker, that would be very useful.
 
amp88
People have tried and failed at this, due to the encryption used in the saving process, I believe.

Holding records of races and tournaments sounds cool though.

What language will you be writing in and what kind of programming experience do you have?



C\C++ Java J# VB whatever really... I'll be using C++ though.

Whoops hahha im' on my other Screenname LOL
 
MasterDriver
C\C++ Java J# VB whatever really... I'll be using C++ though.

Whoops hahha im' on my other Screenname LOL

Thank You MYSELF! your a chum...

Also if anyone has an American GT4 Save file i'd like to get it if you could send it to me... liquifiedart@yahoo.com and i'll look into it.
 
Is there any database of cars and potential upgrade paths? Like an SQL dbase with pulldown or checkoff fields showing resulting information for power upgrades. If this was cross referenced with a A-spec point value based on a stock car... this would be the god of all tools. :) Of course getting any sort of a A-Spec system would be next to impossible due to all the variables. Even if you broke down how the value is achieved, cross referencing with the different cars would be difficult to say the least.

I figure if you took something like the power to weight database on this site (with permission) and added more values like the NA and turbo upgrade values for each car, other power upgrades like exhausts, engine balance, intercooler, etc should have a fixed % modifier.

Or, you could make garages for people. That is personal profiles with cars and relative info. A person makes an account, they can select a car from a pulldown. Once that is done the car can have the asset information from the power and weight database so you get at least the stock power and weight of the car. Then you could add check boxes for the upgrades. If you wanted to go a huge step further you could add values for the upgrades but that would at least double the time of the project to research every car's upgrade potential values. Maybe Jordon would even host it once you show him a solid proof of concept.

Anyways, some ideas for you :)
 
Has anyone even broken down the A-Spec system? I read many threads about it and from that and my personal experience I can surmise its mostly about power - weight - downforce - grip. There has to be a solid formula on how it is achieved, even with exposed flaws like the Dodge Ram. That formula would be the biggest hill to get over IMO. Then that formula would have to be applied to the values for EVERY CAR............... Then values would have to be preassigned to every car modification to equal a final point value. That point value would probably be matched against the point value for the best AI car in a race to achieve the final A-Spec point value.

That all sounds really difficult for anyone outside of a PD programmer who can get the values easily. Being a proprietary program also makes this much harder to get formulas and values compared to a desktop PC game.

Anyways I am not a programmer so I don't know the details. This is just thoughts off my head as a project manager.

BTW If it was my project, I'd start with getting base fields for every car like the power and weight dbase on this site, then add upgrade values from HP/weight/cost. Thats a significant project in and of itself and very easily scalable to a much more ambitious project like the custom garage/accounts, or A-Spec break down. You could also add tracks to the account dbase for that person to add track times with their cars from their database. That should be very easy to do once you build an account system and fields info. All those track times could feed a master report showing track:car: power**:time. Top 10 times would have to be proven like in the time threads here. It shows good use of shared assets.

** that power field could be your own A-spec type system where power="HP/weight/tire/downforce"
 
This thread gives an "a-spec index" for every car. It allows you to compare two cars and see what the difference in a-spec points will be if they are used against the same lineup [https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70995].

Personally I don't think it is worth spending a lot of time on developing ths further. If you get serious about a-spec points then you should see this thread [https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61761]. A comprehensive summary of the info in there would be useful to people setting out to get a-spec points but you will find that by the time you have 80-90,000 of them that it is all pretty well second nature - you will know what sort of cars earn points.

A far better idea, and a lot more fun is the 200 Club link in my sig - a-spec points using only stock cars.

I think the initial idea in this thread of a tournament tracking application is great, especially if it included some sort of import capability to get the results from other people's series.
 
Moloch_horridus
I think the initial idea in this thread of a tournament tracking application is great, especially if it included some sort of import capability to get the results from other people's series.

Great idea.. importing huh?? hmmm.. interesting
 
I thought of a new idea.. a P2P tournament set-up that allows others to log onto the Hosting Tournament and compete in the races as they occur, meaning it will lock your results out if you report them after 5mins from the Host's Finish time. But obviously you will all start at the same time, everyone will be notified from the Host
 
MasterDriver
C\C++ Java J# VB whatever really... I'll be using C++ though.

Whoops hahha im' on my other Screenname LOL
Basicly MK'S program for GT4? That would be really cool!:tup:But good luck cracking the code, I heard someone did it but due to legal right they chose not to go any futher. Does anyone know who this is?
 
opendriver19a
Basicly MK'S program for GT4? That would be really cool!:tup:But good luck cracking the code, I heard someone did it but due to legal right they chose not to go any futher. Does anyone know who this is?

If you could send me a GT4 save to: liquifiedart@yahoo.com I can start looking into it. But i need a save to work with.
 
Back