Ideas for Customization Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden
Sweden
EndofTruth
I just thought I would share my ideas of various customization options that I would like to see added to Gran Turismo.

- Modified / customisable bonnets
- Customisable wheel sizes
- Customisable tire width
- Tinted Windows
- Roll Cage option
- Further increased painting options
- Customisable Headlight colors
- Racing Decals / Sponsors options
- Stickers / Customisable Stickers

- Modified / customisable bonnets
I would like to have the option of adding a modified / customisable bonnet to my cars.
It would be amazing if I could get a Supercharger sticking out of the bonnet on my fully tuned Dodge Charger. Or to be able to add various sorts of air vents to the bonnet of my BMW M3, for example.

- Customisable wheel size
I would like to see a feature added to Gran Turismo which allows us to choose our own wheel size, having the ability to choose from anything between 14" wheels to 22" wheels.
The same option that is featured in Need For Speed and Forza Motorsport, customisable wheel sizes.

- Customisable tire width
This is pretty self-explanatory; having the option of choosing the size of your tires.
Having a set of fat Top Fuel-like tires on a fully tuned Corvette C3 would be incredible!

- Tinted Windows
Being able to tint the windows of your cars, to have the ability to set the brightness, hue and saturation of your color and to have a full color scheme to choose the exact color of your own liking.

- Roll Cage option
This is also pretty self-explanatory; having the option to buy and install a Roll Cage for your car.
I suppose this could come with some kind of advantage; as the Roll Cage stiffens the car and thus making it easier to handle.

- Further increased painting options
Adding a full color scheme with the ability to set the brightness, hue and saturation of your chosen color.
Keeping the already existing pre-selected colors that you can win and acquire by purchasing a new car, but also adding a new category of paint; Customisable Paint.
When you enter "Paint Body" or "Paint Wheels" or "Brake Caliper Paint", you're taken to the screen where you are given an option of choosing a category of Paint colors; Solid, Metallic, Pearlescent, Variable Color, Matte and Chrome.
I would like to see a Customisable Paint category in which you can select your base paint (Solid, Matte, Chrome etc.) but you create your own color from a full color scheme, where you choose your color and set the brightness, hue and saturation of said color to make it exactly the way you want it.
This would make it possible to paint your car in White, Pink, Orange or Black Chrome for example.
The Full Color Scheme that I'm thinking of would be something similar to this; http://www.colourlovers.com/copaso/ColorPaletteSoftware

- Customisable Headlight colors
Another self-explanatory one!
I would really love to change the color of the headlights of my cars.
To have the ability to buy and install a set of red headlights for my Pagani Zonda R, or green headlights for my Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro that would just be amazingly and incredibly cool... to me at least.

- Racing Decals / sponsors options
Now, I know there's a lot of politics that would go into making the sponsors possible, and it might not ever happen in Gran Turismo, but it would just amazing if you could have the option of putting some of your favorite sponsors on the side of my cars, to give them that extra racing car-feel.
Racing Decals... well, since this is a racing game, meant to be a racing game and not a street-racing game like Need For Speed, I understand that P.D would not like to add any flame decals to GT, if you know what I'm saying.
However, it'll bring no harm to the game series if you could add some Racing Decals to your car, right? Adding some Racing stripes and whatnot, to make your cars a little more personal.

- Stickers / Customisable Stickers
And for the last thought I've had regarding Customization Options for Gran Turismo; stickers.
Why not add a Sticker option where we can add your national flag to your car and put your name next to it... you know, like they do on Race Cars for each driver.
Select your national flag, select the place where you want it, put it on... now if you like, type in whatever you want, whether it be your PSN ID or your real name, and you're done!

Thank you for reading and please share your thoughts and/or ideas on customization for Gran Turismo, hopefully, in time, we can get P.D's attention and we might see some our ideas for features added to Gran Turismo 6, or a future GT game!

Have a nice day.

Oh, I didn't mean for you to move it, lol.

I don't know what they'll do with this one now. @TB, whatcha gonna do? :P

EDIT:

Oops, I screwed up. :dunce:

Re-emphasis: Individual cars/tracks/features for each post only!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back