Ideas for mission races and events in World Circuits!

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 4 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
There could be a return of the World Classic Car Series, and would replicate the regulations seen in the Alsace One Hour. Each race would be an endurance, lasting either 30 or 60 minutes. There would be rounds at Goodwood Circuit, as well as at the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Another event could be the return of the Historic Racing Car Cup, wherein there’d be a PP limit of 730, effectively making the Porsche 917, the Ferrari 330 P4, the Ford Mark IV, and the Jaguar XJ13 ideal picks. There would, of course, be both a round at the Daytona Road Course, and the version of Le Mans without the chicanes.

On that note, another event could be limited to racecars of the 1950s, and would have a PP limit of 500. This would especially be good with the future additions of the Maserati A6GCS and the Cunningham C4-R.

Yet another historic racing event could be limited to GT-class cars of the 1960s, like the Shelby Daytona Coupe. This would likely have a PP limit of 550.

But then again, maybe these three ideas for historic racecar events could instead appear as mission races, specifically endurances that would last at least an hour. One race could be a Le Mans (no chicanes), another could be at the Daytona Road Course, and the last one could be at Goodwood Circuit.

The Vision GT Trophy and Vision GT Trophy + could also return as a couple of mission races, though I’m unsure if they would be one-makes, or perhaps have a PP limit. Ideally, for this event, I’d like to keep players from just cheesing it with the Tomahawk X. That said, one idea I had would be that these events could specificlally limit players to the VGTs that’re in Gr.3 and Gr.1, respectively. That may not permit quite a number of VGTs, but it does give a decent number of options, with Gr.3 having options from Toyota, Peugeot, and Volkswagen. Meanwhile, Gr.1 in comparison has tons of options for VGTs.

I’d come up with a Super GT/Gr.2 event, but I feel like that’s too obvious, and I think it’s highly likely it’ll be coming to World Circuits at some point.

I do think that most one-make events will likely be limited to being mission races, though I think this still leaves tons of potential. For example, I could see there being a mission race at Suzuka, where you’re permitted to use either of the SF19 models. Or, if Monaco returns, we could see a mission race there as well, this time with the F1500T-A. Then there could be a race at the Red Bull Ring using what else - the Red Bull X2014 Jr.!

This is also where we could see races that may permit more than one car, but within a specific motif, like that kei car race. In this regard, I could imagine a mission endurance where you can only use one of the Group C cars within Gr.1, or a bout between American sports cars of the 60s and 70s at Willow Springs.

So, what’re your ideas?

Among many others, what I would love to see are diverse endurance races (2, 4, 6, 8, 24). One of them should be with PP400-PP500 cars.

Last edited:
One-Lap magic in Nurburgring Nordschleife with either Porsches or Mercedes with about 10 cars. - Mission section
Doing one Lap at Le Mans while conserving fuel in a Gr.1 car (Gr.C or LMP) - Mission section
Drag Races with NOS and PP restrictions - Mission section
Slipstream overtake in SSRX - Mission section

And instead of races... I would prefer Championships, with the suggestions of cars and PP that the OP already mentioned.

One-Lap magic in Nurburgring Nordschleife with either Porsches or Mercedes with about 10 cars. - Mission section
Doing one Lap at Le Mans while conserving fuel in a Gr.1 car (Gr.C or LMP) - Mission section
Drag Races with NOS and PP restrictions - Mission section
Slipstream overtake in SSRX - Mission section

And instead of races... I would prefer Championships, with the suggestions of cars and PP that the OP already mentioned.
Re drag races, once PD have fleshed out the swaps a bit more they could have engine categories as in real life (2JZ class etc).

No PP or bhp limit, no car restrictions, but you could have RB, 2JZ, 2 rotor, 4 rotor, LS and so on. You must have that specific engine installed, either in its original car or a car you’ve swapped one into.

That might be a terrible idea, with unforeseen limitations, but the point is PD could have done so much more with drag racing than the few basic missions we’ve got.

• 1 hour endurances at every track with dynamic time and weather (similar to the 1h Spa endurance)
  • One-make races (although these should be found in Brand Central instead)
  • Expansion to drag races, perhaps three-round tournaments with big payouts
  • High-risk, high-reward championships with access to rare vehicles and S parts (inspired by @TFSI400)
  • Gr.2 and Gr.1 Cafe events... although this is obvious

Latest Posts

Back