Ideas regarding Sport Mode, and tuning road cars.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 3 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I believe we can assume the next GT will allow more in-depth customization, and ideally will allow us to even add body parts like in GT6. But that brings up a question, of how could you enter a car into Sport Mode when there could be so many ways a car could be customized by players?

Here's my idea: Sport Mode races involving road cars could either have provided cars that've been pre-tuned by PD, or only permit players' cars that are stock. And unlike in GT Sport as we see now, you would unable to have "inter-class" cars, like entering a Supra A80 in N600. There would still be BoP, but only for cars that are entirely stock.

-In addition, I propose there be an "N50" class for lower-powered cars that cannot reach similar power figures to other N100 cars, such as the older Fiat 500 from 1968. I also propose there being a class for track-only cars, including the Aston Martin Vulcan, the McLaren P1 GTR, and the Pagani Zonda R, or otherwise finding a way they can compete with each other, versus against other N-Series cars that may not have the same enhancements, such as elaborate aerodynamics. Perhaps, if they end up adding other, lower-powered track cars, this could be a "NT-Series," with the 'T' standing for "Track." Or something like that. Alternatively, I would not mind them staying in Gr.X, as they may have additional mechanics that may render them very overpowered in almost any other situation, even with BoP factored in, such as how I think the P1 GTR can use both an ERS and DRS. I don't mind it this way, either, as I like having more real-world features a car can also use in-game. I believe this is why a car not in Gr.X and may be able to use DRS in real life may not be able to do so in-game, because it's "restricted" in the name of better balancing.

-Similar to above, I'd create an "NE-Series" for all-electric vehicles. I'd love to see it, with stuff like the BMW i3 on one end, and the BMW i8 on the other. But there must be a way that these cars could replenish their fuel/power in the pits, and I think this conundrum is why they're in Gr.X within GT Sport. I bet Kaz will have an answer in one way or another, since he plans to add Formula E. Granted, I think that may be a bit different, but it'd feel appropriate for Kaz to address this while adding such an iconic electric racing series. Of course, if the Toyota Mirai and/or Honda Clarity were added, I'd have them in an "NH-Series" category, or perhaps include them in the "NE-Series" while adding their electric variants, rather than their fully hydrogen-powered versions.

I think the hint is in GTS already.

If you max the tuning on certain cars (I looked at 80's , 90's japanese cars 180sx, Silvia S13, Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88, Supra RZ '97) they all go to 394hp... In my opinion that is clue enough that PD are going to make tuner classes where certain cars can be upgraded into a spec that would basically BoP these cars to be balanced for racing.

Edit: M3 Sport Evolution '89 also goes up to 394hp so it's not just japanese cars.

If you max the tuning on certain cars (I looked at 80's , 90's japanese cars 180sx, Silvia S13, Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88, Supra RZ '97) they all go to 394hp... In my opinion that is clue enough that PD are going to make tuner classes where certain cars can be upgraded into a spec that would basically BoP these cars to be balanced for racing.

Edit: M3 Sport Evolution '89 also goes up to 394hp so it's not just japanese cars.
I thought they were more reflective of how much you can tune a car's engine without needing a straight-up engine swap. That'd explain why the Supra A80 can have such high power figures, as I recall that the actual engine it used was known for its tuning capacity.

And the Delta Integrale

Back