Ideas to make the driving/racing experience better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter crowhop
  • 21 comments
  • 1,506 views
Messages
2,621
United States
Upstate SC, USA
Messages
GTP_crowhop
I've thought of a couple of things I think would improve the experience...for me, anyway...

-On-the-fly shifting from manual to automatic. Standard feature on many new cars, anyway. I would really like this option. Maybe map it like the other RA functions...on or off.

-HUD option to show car instead of name, if you want.

-Color coded "triangles" on the map to display the other cars in the field...matching the color of their car. Would help in the endurance races.

-Time splits to show your time through the different sections of the track...and in comparison with the leader/second place.

What you got?
 
-Color coded "triangles" on the map to display the other cars in the field...matching the color of their car. Would help in the endurance races.

This would be a nice feature, especially in the longer races. I think a simpler way would be to highlight the leading car in a different colour to the other cars. That way you know which car you're racing on the shorter tracks with plenty of laps.
 
A livery editor. Running endurance races with single-color paintjobs and no sponsor decals or even numbers just doesn't look realistic. Sure, it can still be fun, but it harms the immersion.
 
-Color coded "triangles" on the map to display the other cars in the field...matching the color of their car. Would help in the endurance races.

A better system with which to monitor the relative positions of each race car at a glance would definitely be helpful.
I was surprised by the lack of a system similar to GT4 B-spec's bottom bar that displays each car's relative position to each other on a linear scale.
 
I've thought of a couple of things I think would improve the experience...for me, anyway...

-On-the-fly shifting from manual to automatic. Standard feature on many new cars, anyway. I would really like this option. Maybe map it like the other RA functions...on or off.

-HUD option to show car instead of name, if you want.

-Color coded "triangles" on the map to display the other cars in the field...matching the color of their car. Would help in the endurance races.

-Time splits to show your time through the different sections of the track...and in comparison with the leader/second place.

What you got?

👍 2, 3 and 4 would be great

As I always use manual, I don't care for 1, but changing other settings like ABS, TC would be very useful
 
1) Just for aesthetics, working power roofs on convertibles.

2) A radio-tuner, so that on endurance races you don't have to listen to the same tracklist over and over again as the hours fly-by.

3) A bloody expensive F1 Ferarri you can actually use!

5) No 20,000,000 cap on credits.
 
👍 2, 3 and 4 would be great

As I always use manual, I don't care for 1, but changing other settings like ABS, TC would be very useful

My steering wheel lets me do this, not sure why they dont allow controllers to do it also.
 
Flashing indicator lights, atleast the double-flash online to indicate that you are in trouble.
 
-HUD option to show car instead of name, if you want.

This. And for endurance races I would also like to get a message when someone pits like GT4 had it.
 
1) Faster AI.
2) Cars that are closer in performs. One car dominating the rest of the field (and being your only competition) looks weird.
3) Faster AI.
4) Bob as a team mage for endurance races. Maybe have three bobs and two cars enter alongside yourself. Two drivers per car, or something.
5) Faster AI.

Did I mention that the AI needs to get faster? Because it does.
 
1- buy a Can of CAstrol GTx
2- Put a Pot on the Stove with the oil inside
3- enjoy the smell
 
More Tracks! And full support for the G25/G27.
 
most of my suggestions go to endurance:

flat tire when the tire is worn. in endurance race, this could make racing more interesting (altho frustrating to have to do a lap).

ability to tell who is whom on the track like online.

better data re fuel loads.

ability to start endurance on less than a full tank.

permanent mechanical damage in endurance with pit stop to fix such damage
 
Thought of another one...

--Rear-view mirror for Hood Cam (like the one in Bumper Cam).

Not sure why this isn't in the game already given the huge number of Standard Cars. Could be Frame Rate or some other graphic thing though. Who knows?
 
Tarted up paddock girls with umbrellas.

Or more filters for hosting and finding online races. Our choices are rather limited.

But I'm leaning more toward tarted up paddock girls with umbrellas.
 
My steering wheel lets me do this, not sure why they dont allow controllers to do it also.

you can map controllers to change TCS etc... look at RA menu and selection keys in control settings.

Anyway - AI that can race, (optional) real damage modelling physics, proper race regulations.

Basically all the things that we have been asking for since GT1

Personally I think this is probably going to be my last GT :(
 
Back