Idiot hosts

  • Thread starter Thread starter shoeface33
  • 8 comments
  • 948 views
Messages
523
Messages
shoeface33
Bit of a rant but there is a question.

Why is it that are there so many stupid lobbys created that have a good name (like clean racing random pp or something) a reasonable amount of people and decent regs.....but then the hosts has buggered off!!! What is the point of creating a lobby then just wondering off for 2 or 3 hours? It's so infuriating when you think you've got a good room and wonder when the race is gonna start only to find out they've been inactive for over 2 hours. I just dont understand why people do it. Surely just dont tick the little box that says fixed room ownership and then you won't even feel morally obliged to leave it open.

Ok rant over. Question is really just: why is it becoming increasingly popular for poeple to create/join rooms and then just sit tgere taking up space and waste peoples time?
 
coz they don't know how to use the auto-start option, maybe
 
coz they don't know how to use the auto-start option, maybe

I Love Auto Start, i get a Couple of mates to join, i can go get a Take out, a few races have been done :)
Bish bash Bosh Everyones happy :)
 
i hate it when idiots create a room with a fixed host, wait till its full, and then leave, shutting everyone out.
 
Anytime the host is away, I immediately begin to spam "Host is gone, everybody needs to cast reject vote!" and that solves the problem in 5minutes.

And do yourself a favour and avoid rooms with Fixed Host Status. I never, ever join them for obvious reasons.
 
Yes I agree that is really lame, especially when it usually takes me at least 4 tries to find a room with good drivers as well as the regs I like. Next time this happens in a good room, I will try the "reject vote" tactic to get a new host and hope that the new host does not screw up the room.

And during those 4+ tries to find a good room, it's the loading times that really crush my balls.
 
oh! oops......
Sorry guys....I will remove the 'fixed host' option going forward.....
 
I always join rooms that are currently racing, with as many restrictions on that I can see, what annoys me is when they race the same track over and over, or change it to 2 or 3 laps.
 
What's worse is the hosts that open a room with restrictions and a track that they have a specific car tuned for (I've noticed Corvette users are notorious for this). The most famous one I remember was a host with a ZR1 tuned for Daytona Road Course and he was sandbagging for hours.

My least favorite though are hosts that don't enforce the room type. There are the hosts that put "no race cars" in the room title then start the race and don't kick people with race cars or RM cars. Or the ones that allow AWD cars in drift rooms... There's a lot of fail online, so I just host my own rooms.
 
Back