If anyone has thought about this...

• Thread starter clacksman
  • 4 comments
clacksman/ GTP_clacksman
..please share your thoughts.

In tuning for next Mondays' TPRA race, I stumbled upon something interesting with the Integra.
With +30 power and 90% weight:
R2/R1 = 595pp
R1/R2 = 594pp

R1/S3 = 574pp
S3/R1 = 570pp

S3/S2 = 550pp
S2/S3 = 549pp

So, either the HITR has wider fronts than rears, or the game pp system factors the importance of the front end of a FWD car. Not being able to remember whether the RL street car has extra-wides on the front (some FWDs do), I try a vanilla car in GT5P, the Atenza. Now, this is a family car with equal size tires front and rear.
On max power and minimum weight:
R2/R1 = 582pp
R1/R2 = 581pp

R1/S3 = 563pp
S3/R1 = 558pp

S3/S2 = 539pp
S2/S3 = 537pp
Ford Mustang, a front-engine RWD car with equal size tires front and rear.
On normal power and weight:

R2/R1 = 555pp
R1/R2 = 554pp

R1/S3 = 536pp
S3/R1 = 532pp

S3/S2 = 513pp
S2/S3 = 512pp
Subaru WRX 07, front-engine AWD with equal size tires front and rear.
On normal power and weight:

R2/R1 = 589pp
R1/R2 = 588pp

R1/S3 = 568pp
S3/R1 = 566pp

S3/S2 = 545pp
S2/S3 = 544pp
I can't come up with a mid(rear)-engine car in GT5P with equal size tires on both ends to extend this theory.

I think I've proven the game pp system factors the importance of the front end of a FWD car like I mentioned earlier. And, factors the important end of the car regardless of type.

I suppose I've arrived at a question: Is/was this known by anyone before now?

How, exactly, does that prove the importance of only FF cars? The Mustang was affected exactly like all the others.

unfortunately the pp system is a broken system with glitches. F40 is also a good example for this issue. PD better fix this issue, good work clacks. I think PD better stay off this pp system and go back to GT3 tuning system, probably the best game ever. Hear PD??? GT3. With Forza3 coming out probably this year I worry for GT5 with all this bogus in the game and such, will it be enough to beat FZ3?

Nope... doesn't work... the PP changes seem quite similar from car to car.

Though I have had the sneaking suspicion that the PP system automatically gives a handicap bonus to FF cars... though I'm not at home at the moment, and can't pull up my records.

EDIT: Or is it that they apply an extra handicap to AWD cars? I really can't remember.

Last edited:
How, exactly, does that prove the importance of only FF cars? The Mustang was affected exactly like all the others.

Good question. I should have edited out or reworded that line, the OP of this on PSN was FWD-relevant only.
Sorry for confusion, my fault.

niky, I'm not sure what you mean in your post, but look at FWD 550pp vs RWD 550pp lap times on same course. Suzuka and Fuji come to mind for me. FWD noticeably faster at 550pp, due to front Rs/rear Ss, a combination not practical (or always possible) on RWD.

Latest Posts

Back