If anyone is interested, PS2 Harvest Moon is just not worth the $$$ . . . . .

Call me eccentric/weird but I like Harvest Moon.

But 'Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland' sucks.

1. Very few things to do.
2. Too easy to achive objective (you are given a year, finished in less than half)
3. It sucks.
4. You cannot get married.
5. Ad said less emphasis on farming, more emphasis on relationship with town folks -> town folks that have no character or interesting things to say
6. It sucks.
7. Did I mention that it sucks? Yep, big time.

PSX version, 'Back to Nature', was the best one in the series IMO.

Damn, that was a waste of money.

Did you play the original SNES game? That's the only one I've played, and it was awsome. I was eyeing the PS2 update, but now that you give it the thumbs down, I'll wait for something better... :)

Originally posted by InterCooler
Call me eccentric/weird but I like Harvest Moon.

But 'Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland' sucks.

1. Very few things to do.
2. Too easy to achive objective (you are given a year, finished in less than half)
3. It sucks.
4. You cannot get married.
5. Ad said less emphasis on farming, more emphasis on relationship with town folks -> town folks that have no character or interesting things to say
6. It sucks.
7. Did I mention that it sucks? Yep, big time.

PSX version, 'Back to Nature', was the best one in the series IMO.

Damn, that was a waste of money.

Same here, once i found out all the features that made the first games so great were not included in this one, i just put it on a shelf and havet played it in awhile.

Hopefully they will wisen up and make a better PS2 version of Harvest Moon:)

I have not played the SNES version but I have played the Gameboy version and they are all in the same spirit of HM. PS2 version just does not fit in.

The graphic improvements were nice and cute but that was the only apparent improvement from previous series.

Back