If GT5 had a story...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Com Fox
  • 13 comments
  • 1,136 views
Messages
11,449
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
Messages
Com_Fox5
Messages
EelX 5
What you make out of GT5 if it had a story?

Mine would probaly go.
You and your friend had a dream to make it in the Dream Car Championship and win. You get your cars and go your seperate ways, until you meet up with him again at the GT world championship. Before the 1st race you see 3 people in Team Bachouce taunting you and then leave. You race 1 of them in the GT world championship and another one in the GT all-stars. When you reach level 24. Your invited into the Dream Car Championship (This time your not allowed cars over 740 PP), aswell as your friend. Your friend shows you his car a Jaguar XJR-9 LM. You wish him luck and leave.

The night before the Dream Car Championship, your rival is attacked by the member of Team Basouche that you haven't raced against yet and steals his car. At the 1st race you'll see him in the XJR-9 LM and the other 2 in Ford GT LM spec ll. you comfront and tell them wheres your friend. They say he had a little accident then laugh. You get mad and walk off.

When you win, team baschouse are mad and threaten you until your friend comes and tells the police what they did then went to Jail. While your celebrating the authorities come and invite you into the Endurance Races (Only approved racers are allowed in them).
 
Mine would be:
You go around in circle, and nothing really exciting happens, cause the AI are retarded.
The end.
 
Funny and true. :)
 
There is a story already... play GT5, get REALLY good at it, race in the GT Academy and win. Go play in real cars, have even more fun. Now it's up to you to make the story true! ;)

Have a good one
 
I have my own full on story behind my GT life, just haven't really bothered to write it down :lol:

The beauty of it is, you can make your own story and I think that's better than any crack team of writers can come up with 👍
 
For me, the story should centre on the activity of the people playing the game. The story would be written by people like us, who plan and run championships, keep records of success, take part in seasonal stuff, time trials, race team battles...

If you're talking about an NFS-style story, or a career mode, I couldn't care less for that.
 
yeah like NFS. I do have the "other" story of my GT4 career.
 
Probably something like this:

"I used to be an average joe with an ordinary 9-5 job, until one day a lawyer knocked on my door, presenting me the will of a previously unknown uncle who had just passed away. It turned out that this uncle was the owner of a major shipping company and in his will he had given me his biggest container ship. 'Wow', I thought. 'What am I supposed to do with that?'

About a forthnight later, it struck me: of course, I would turn the container ship into the biggest garage ever and use it to store my car collection! There was only one problem, I only had one car and my economy was about as good as a penguin is at flying. That night, haunted by insomnia, I decided to go for a little walk. The rain fell heavy on the streets and the winds were strong. Suddently, when rounding the corner of Eames street and Lloyd avenue a poster came flying straight into my face and slapped me on the cheek. 'Sunday Cup' it said, in big red letters. It was an amateur racing cup, sponsored by an eccentric billionaire. I looked at the first price, and it was worth twice as much as my car! What a great way to earn some money and start my collection!

The next Sunday I found myself on the grid, revving my engine. The race started and off we went! With such a substantial price money amount I had expected to face some seriously skilled drivers, but to my surpised they all drove like complete morons. Needless to say, I won that race easily, and when I stepped out of my car to recieve the price check I realised why: The race was only open for mentally disordered people! To not risk being disqualified I quickly threw myself to the ground and begun chewing on the grass, humming a tune in a hexatonic scale. They suspected nothing, and the price check was mine!

This Sunday cup was part of a much bigger league, with races ranging all the way up to 24 hour endurance races in Le Mans prototypes! I quickly climbed in ranking, winning more and more money, buying more and more cars to store in my container ship. Soon, I was approached by one of the other drivers, his name was Robert, or 'Bob' as I used to say. He was so impressed with my driving that he wanted me to be his team manager. Sure enough, I accepted. This would be a great way to double my income! I mean, how hard could it be?

Really hard, it turned out. Not only was Bob totally unable to make any decisions on his own, he was a completely useless driver and on top of it all he had joined a league where the races where twice as long! Every race I had to babysit Bob, telling him exactly how to drive in every single corner of the track. Until one day, when I had finally earned enough money to buy him a monster of a car in which he could possible not lose no matter how hard he tried. It was actually not a car, it was a train, for it ran on magneto rails hidden beneath the surface of the track. All Bob needed to do was to keep the pedal to the metal, and although he was completely insane, he managed to do that pretty well.

And so it went, on and on, until finally we had won the entire leage! As well as a driver and as a coach. Winning countless of millions, buying every single car on the planet and fronting Time Magazine more than a dozen times. Of course, my secret of not having a single mental disorder remained a secret until the very end...

The end."
 
I liked the sunday cup part I was laughing beacause that happaned to me before.
 
If GT5 had a story, you can be sure that various parts of it will be revised, changed and improved in subsequent editions. Also, pages 88 to 94 will only be available in Japan, and a small amendment near the beginning will only be made available in North America. There will also be an option to purchase the 7th chapter for online customers as a downloadable ebook.
 
Mine would be called something like this, PS3 Fifty Shades Of Pray (that it doesn't yellow).
 
My story ends with me being a jerk and taking my Formula GT to the Sunday cup..
 
Mine would go like this:

"On November 24, 2010 I woke up and noticed that my wallet was missing some money, around $59.99 plus tax. But the money's not all gone so I shrug it off and continue my day with a feeling that something is different, something is better, life somehow seems more enjoyable. I step into the garage to leave for work and notice that the big door is already open, then four guys in stupid yellow shirts go running away down the street! What is going on? Why do they run so funny? And did they rob me? Nothing's missing, but WOW my truck looks so shiny and real! It never looked this good before! And why is it turning around slowly like that? Too bad I *still* can't change the tire pressures or paint fancy patterns on it. Oh well... shrug it off... "

(Can't think of much more right now, so...) "I am so successful in my work and my life that I really don't know what to do with all my money, so I spend my time toying around with my global race teams and travelling the world playing with my expensive toys and painting and modifying them. Life is fun and I love "real driving simulators." The end.
 
Back