if gtp makes up less the 1% of gt players

  • Thread starter Thread starter 100111
  • 28 comments
  • 1,746 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
18
Oman
Oman
Ok gt5 sold over 5million copys with is a good thing, but with gtp only having less then 250.000 members, why do PD think this a good place to get there customer ideas/ wants from? I know there some good ppl on there but there just as many bad ones, so my question is should PD pith in an option that lasts all ppl who play the game say what they want, not just a samll amount/??
 
Ok, so Gran Turismo 5 sold over 5,000,000 copies, which is a good thing, but with Gtplanet.net only having less then 250,000 members, why does Polyphony Digital think that this would be a good place to get critical feedback from? I know there are some some good people in the GT fanbase, but there are just as many bad ones, so my question is should Polyphony Digital implement an option that allows people who play the game to voice their ideas/concerns, rather than just a fraction of GTPlanet accounting for all of the feedback?

Paraphrased 👍

Good question. Feedback options that go directly to PD would be spectacular. It would get things done more quickly. But what if it were to be abused? Let's say some bad egg decides to send 'DIS GAEM SUCKZ LAWL' as feedback multiple times, how would this be curbed?
 
1. GT5 sold over 10 million copies
2. Although there is 240,000 members, only 2,000 or so are "active." Which would mean only .0002% of GT5 players are active on this forum. Although this is an incredibly small amount of people, it houses the most outspoken fans of the series that can discuss how they think the game can get better. I'm not sure if you've looked at the "official" GT forum in the Playstation Forums, but theirs shows no intelligent life compared to here. Plus, a very solid percent of GT Academy winners/contestants are members here.
 
The bulk amount of people on here have similar complaints.If you go through some polls or complaint threads they are all the same thing over and over again year after year month after month.Reason being most of us serious GT players all want the same things to improve and certain other things go to the back burner,were mostly united on that front :D
If PD put an option asking what people wanted,we would most likely end up with a livery editor and more arcadey physics,two things most long time GT payers don't care about.
 
Do PD actually get their feedback from GTP? We know they see what is said on the forum, but that does not mean that they actually consider it when it comes to improving things.
 
Do PD get ideas from here? Also, what does being a good or bad person have to do with ideas for a video game, and what are you basing these claims on? How should PD get responses from every player? They never appeared to care much about feedback, so a census is probably the last thing they'll ever do.
 
Do PD actually get their feedback from GTP?

I wonder about this too. Though I was so surprised when PD finally began to fix adjustable aero in GT5 that I wondered if my posting CFD everywhere made a difference.

If PD does get ideas from GTP, I think that's a good thing. The 250,000 members here like the game enough to join a forum dedicated to it and many look at the game deep/long enough to make good suggestions. A portion of the other millions of players may just be people buying "that car game where it's hard to drive".
 
I am on my fone rite now so can't get back to yous rite now, ie quote yous now, cos small screen, but over the next few days il try get on here an reply, yous are making some good points, an I wanna reply to them. An just wanna make clear I don't think gtp is a bad thing, it just the ppl who ARE OUT SPOKEN make it look bad imo an I'm sure many yous guys think so to, but anyhows il reply to each of yous soon

@Cosbuster with Jordon being so close to Sony/PD cos this site, an the way I read some there news it seems to me that they are/ are gtp staff think there, an I think I read on here that PD use the **** to find out what players what, an plz don't get me wrong I'm prop just quoting something some one said, no hard feelings/are disrespect meant to the site e staff.

@Famine to your top two points the post above should cover that, an as to the last point, yes reading it as u put it it sounds rude.But that was not how I ment it to be

@vagvbond @femine can I ask what is proper/understandable English cos it differs from county to country
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ildd in Ireland our language is Irish, an Irish is my. 1st language, yes we speak english, but in my famlay we allways speak Irish, so English isn't something I'm use to typing in,
 
I think it's because of the variety of opinions we have. There are some casuals here on GTP, some hardcore. Two or more sides.
 
Ameer, I think your rite, the bad out number the bad, are at lest that how it seems, but do PD use gtp as a hole to make changes to the game, is what I'm asking!!
 
ildd in Ireland our language is Irish, an Irish is my. 1st language, yes we speak english, but in my famlay we allways speak Irish, so English isn't something I'm use to typing in,
That's great and all, but the very first rule of this site is:
AUP
You will post all messages in English.
While the second it:
AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
While we are understanding of people posting in non-native language, this is impenetrable:
@Cosbuster with Jordon being so close to Sony/PD cos this site, an the way I read some there news it seems to me that they are/ are gtp staff think there, an I think I read on here that PD use the **** to find out what players what, an plz don't get me wrong I'm prop just quoting something some one said, no hard feelings/are disrespect meant to the site e staff.
And if it's impenetrable to an English speaker, how do you think someone from France is going to get on with reading it? Or Finland?

We can all have a much better conversation if you take a bit more time and care over your posts. Get them structured, in English and get rid of the textspeak junk like "ppl" and "plz".
 
Re-posted from another thread:

We are the vocal minority; that's not to say that we represent a minority view, only that we are the ones that choose to have a voice in an online community. It has always been the case that a vocal minority express the views of the majority. Look at demonstrations against controversial legislation for instance. You can have 10s of thousands attending - a good number of people but a tiny percent of the actual population. Do they represent a minority or are they simply the active minority who represent the majority view?

Its the same with most product review too - if 20 people write a review and 18 of them give it 1 star, the assumption is that it's a poor product. Do we assume that only 20 people bought it? Do we assume that the possible hundreds or thousands that bought it but didn't say anything thought it was great, or assume that they agree with the 18 people who gave it a bad review but just couldn't be bothered saying anything?

The only way to know for sure here would be a poll or referendum of all current GT6 owners but its not likely that a game company would bother with such an undertaking. Instead they use online communities to gauge the reaction of their customer base.
 
@Famine yea I understand what u mean, but moat ppl can understand what I'm saying an get my point, so why is that so bad? An did I say something bad in that post about @jorden an/ gtp cos If I have I will delete it
 
I have never met a person whose name sounds like Jordan but has spelt it Jordon, Jordin or Jorden.
 
@Famine yea I understand what u mean, but moat ppl can understand what I'm saying an get my point, so why is that so bad?
The point is that they can't.

GTPlanet is an international forum. We have very many members from English-speaking countries like the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and even the USA - but we also have members from across the world. In this thread already there's responses from members from Denmark and Greece and unless you're typing in something approaching reasonably structured English you are excluding them from participating in any discussion.

Why is it bad? Well, you agreed not to do it. You agreed to post in English, to use decent grammar and not to use textspeak - but you're not holding to your agreement.
An did I say something bad in that post about @jorden an/ gtp cos If I have I will delete it
When your post can be translated, we'll let you know.
 
@FamineYeah I understand what you mean, but most people can understand what I'm saying an get my point, so why is that so bad? And did I say something bad in that post about @Jordan and GTP because If I have I will delete it
That's why... ^^^

Phones and browsers all have spell checkers and built in dictionaries these days so there's really no excuse for these kind of posts. Please make more effort to follow the rules about post quality. 👍
 
@Famine I get that but every one who has replyed to this understands/gets what I mean, an I know there ppl that don't have English as there 1 language as it not mine, but we do have common sense an that to work it out tho
 
@Famine I get that but every one who has replyed to this understands/gets what I mean
Many more people would understand what you mean if they didn't have to decipher it. That would mean many more replies - and more discussion.
an I know there ppl that don't have English as there 1 language as it not mine
And the manner in which you are posting is excluding them from the discussion. This is not acceptable.
but we do have common sense an that to work it out tho
If that's the same kind of common sense that makes you agree to rules you don't then stick to, I'm glad it's not really all that common.

You should not be posting in a manner that requires any working out. You should be putting the effort in - after all, you're the one trying to get a point across and doing so in the clearest manner possible is the only sensible way of doing it.

That's the reason why we have the rules in the first place. They are not optional and you will stop treating them as if they are.
 
@Famine @Vagabond i am doing my beat to be as clear an to the point as I can, is that not enough?
 
@Famine @Vagabond i am doing my beat to be as clear an to the point as I can, is that not enough?
Not really - be clear and to the point and do it in correct English and then we'll all be happy. :)
 
@Vagabond bond your saying when ppl do there best it not good for yous they should be better? No disrespect ment
 
@Vagabond bond your saying when ppl do there best it not good for yous they should be better? No disrespect ment
If you expect me to believe that you are trying your best to post in correct English while using text speak abbreviations like "ppl" and spelling "meant" as "ment" (for example) then you are a little off target. You are also derailing your own thread, which could've been a real conversation.

Either post in correct English and resume the original topic or call it a day. If you carry on with this vein of conversation, I will assume you are done with the thread and lock it.
 
@Vagabond bond your saying when ppl do there best it not good for yous they should be better? No disrespect ment

He's just telling you to be clear and right to the point. If English is not your first language, you don't need to elaborate on your thoughts. Just express your opinion in simple words.

My native language is Spanish, so you can imagine how different English is for me. But it's not that difficult to try and type proper English and use proper grammar. It's fine if you mess up in sentence structure, but text speech (ppl, plz, and others) is 100% avoidable. If in doubt, at least use Google translate. It doesn't work that well, but for single words it does help 👍

On topic:

If we're 1% of GT players, then were doomed... But seriously, I think that despite all the negatives, there are things that have been heard and changed in game. P does need to listen more to us though. Having someone reading this forum, filtering all the useless feedback and identifying the ones that actually have concrete ideas would be what they could do. Even if we're 1% I think we are the most critical.
 
Last edited:
@Vagabond as I have said an saying again, English not my first language so yes i do make mistakes, are you human? If you are you make mistakes as we all, i'm using the speak now function on my phone let me talk on types automatically for the mistakes it phone not my fault it Me the phone
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back