RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
What can I expect right away?
Will there be a monumental number of mind numbing updates to suffer? That’s enough to put me off right away (although my internet is super fast FTTP so might be ok).

Is there a section of the game where I can just play by myself? Time trials, practice etc? Some kind of single player mode at least?

Im finally bored of all the games I have and have been reluctant to buy GTS due to the lack of GT Mode, but I still have weeks at home at least and I do have a PS4. It seems a logical choice of game to buy.

There is quite a lot of single player content these days, there shouldn't be any issues there apart from the poor Ai, which isn't really anything new GT wise. GtSport has to be worth it by now, even if you are just racing/doing time trials offline. Online is where it is at though, even with the awful penalty system and a few idiots who try to spoil it for everyone else.

Updates however are another story and for most it's not the download time that is the killer, it's the time it takes to copy (update) that is the real pain and that is unavoidable as it's a PS4 issue.

@ASH32 as long as it could be completed overnight I should be fine.

I read GTP’s article about the game’s 2nd birthday in October 2019 and the fact I can do time trials (similar to Forza I’m assuming) has me very excited.

Ah... what the Hell. I’m gonna dive in.

What @ASH32 said, but also note that if you buy GT Sport Spec II, you'll have about 25 fewer updates to wade through.

I can only find that in German on Amazon for some reason. Or at least the cover appears to be German.

I can only find that in German on Amazon for some reason. Or at least the cover appears to be German.
The physical disk is a mystery. It seems to be available in the Netherlands too, but elsewhere... no idea.

The physical disk is a mystery. It seems to be available in the Netherlands too, but elsewhere... no idea.

I’ll simply buy the standard game and leave it working overnight. Had to do that with FH4 install anyway (although I don’t know when it actually finished).

Time to crack out the Thrustmaster wheel and T3PA pedals :gtpflag:

It doesn't do the updates sequentially does it? I bought the game over a year after release, and I think it just did a single update to the latest version.

Back