If we didn't repeat cars what would be the real number of cars in GT2?

• Thread starter Dak0ta
  • 14 comments
Spain
Spain
If we removed multiple bodystyle versions (the Accords have wagon versions), removed cars that look the same as far as bumpers or wings go (MX-5 S Special 92 vs Mazda S Special '93), belong to the same phase (Civic Type R '97 vs Civic VTI '98), we don't take Vauxhall or Acura into consideration, how many cars would GT2 actually have?

If nobody knows can somebody point me to where I can see the carlist without pressing in every single name like on the fandom wiki and doesn't actually list racing mods (like IGCD does) or mixes the PAL & NTSC different carlists?

Cheers.

The question is so subjective as to what counts as duplicates that's it's best to add up your own number. There's a car list by adeyblue which is dumped directly from the game, which is probably the best resource.
and if it wasnt so subjective? have you do some type of research? i know about that list but having to browse for pictures is a huge pain in the ass

thank you for your work btw!

If we removed multiple bodystyle versions (the Accords have wagon versions), removed cars that look the same as far as bumpers or wings go (MX-5 S Special 92 vs Mazda S Special '93), belong to the same phase (Civic Type R '97 vs Civic VTI '98), we don't take Vauxhall or Acura into consideration, how many cars would GT2 actually have?

If nobody knows can somebody point me to where I can see the carlist without pressing in every single name like on the fandom wiki and doesn't actually list racing mods (like IGCD does) or mixes the PAL & NTSC different carlists?

Cheers.
IGCD doesn't consider Racing Modifications their own cars even though one could argue otherwise.

IGCD doesn't consider Racing Modifications their own cars even though one could argue otherwise.
the A4 and S4 appears listed as a RM car as well as the stock variant

Last edited:
Since you are the only one who knows which cars you want to count, I guess you’ll just have to count them yourself.

yep, that might be the case, but has someone done a similar job?
Some attempts were made in GT5 and possibly GT6, but I haven’t heard of anyone doing it in GT2.

A problem you’re likely to encounter is the fact that the car list is a spectrum and somewhere you’ll have to draw the line between what counts as a new car and what counts as a variation of a car you’ve already counted. Basically you’ll need to decide on how similar two cars can be before they are too similar.

Last edited:
Some attempts were made in GT5 and possibly GT6, but I haven’t heard of anyone doing it in GT2.

A problem you’re likely to encounter is the fact that the car list is a spectrum and somewhere you’ll have to draw the line between what counts as a new car and what counts as a variation of a car you’ve already counted. Basically you’ll need to decide on how similar two cars can be before they are too similar.
I think it was easier to draw a line that I think most people would agree with in GT5 and GT6 beucase plenty of cars were included that were simply regional duplicates which also created some cars that didn't exist in real life such as some MX5/Eunos Roadster vairants that existing in one region only. So something like the Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 and the Open Corsa 1.2 were literally the same car with a different name.

i opened this thread just to find out if gt7 will have a bigger carlist than gt2 without repeating cars, but today's carlist standards, theres no way they do a wagon variant while having the hatchback already in the game, so id consider a legnum, the same car as a galant

care to point to where the gt5 attempt is? i think i found a gt6 carlist but it considers every mx5 as the same car, so no matter if its an NA or an NC, however they dont consider the skyline to be all the same

i opened this thread just to find out if gt7 will have a bigger carlist than gt2 without repeating cars, but today's carlist standards, theres no way they do a wagon variant while having the hatchback already in the game, so id consider a legnum, the same car as a galant
I wouldn't consider the Legnum to be a duplicate of a Galant, as you need two sperate body models for them, the Legnum was also not sold in all markets the Galant was.

care to point to where the gt5 attempt is? i think i found a gt6 carlist but it considers every mx5 as the same car, so no matter if its an NA or an NC, however they dont consider the skyline to be all the same
The reason why that is the case for the MX5 is that PD put three versions of each variant, named Roadster, MX-5 or Miata, regardless of if that variant actually existed in that market. That is a clear case of unrequired duplication.

As an other clear example of duplication in GT5, we had two versions of the Clio V6, one called the Clio V6 (which existed in reality) and an identical duplicate called the Renault Lucietta V6 (which never existed in reality).

However @Famine is the person you want on this, as he's looked into it a lot.

I wouldn't consider the Legnum to be a duplicate of a Galant, as you need two sperate body models for them, the Legnum was also not sold in all markets the Galant was.

The reason why that is the case for the MX5 is that PD put three versions of each variant, named Roadster, MX-5 or Miata, regardless of if that variant actually existed in that market. That is a clear case of unrequired duplication.

As an other clear example of duplication in GT5, we had two versions of the Clio V6, one called the Clio V6 (which existed in reality) and an identical duplicate called the Renault Lucietta V6 (which never existed in reality).

However @Famine is the person you want on this, as he's looked into it a lot.
oh, im not saying the legnum is a duplicate of the galant, im saying it is a variant and with the size constraints (i assume it might be that) modern games have i dont think PD is putting a civic sedan if they are putting the fastest hatch type r on it already, could be put through dlc but i doubt it so i kinda want to compare both lists in the same terms

same reason why i would include the type r 97 and the type r 98, is that more beneficial than having a civic ferio and one of the type r's? for me and i believe to the average player, it is not, but its the way the gt7 list has been crafted

I'll send famine an PM, thanks!

The Lutecia V6 Renault Sport certainly does exist - they didn't sell many in Japan, but they were all Lutecia-badged due to Honda owning the Clio name over there.

The various Roadster duplicates are the biggest sin though for sure, padding the car count out with what started as a regional rebrand in GT3 and just got out of control.

The Lutecia V6 Renault Sport certainly does exist - they didn't sell many in Japan, but they were all Lutecia-badged due to Honda owning the Clio name over there.
Damn, I'd totally forgotten about that, which is embarrassing given I used to work for Renault.

The various Roadster duplicates are the biggest sin though for sure, padding the car count out with what started as a regional rebrand in GT3 and just got out of control.
Agreed

the A4 and S4 appears listed as a RM car as well as the stock variant

Last time I checked the IGCD page there was a big argument over whether or not RMs should be classified as separate cars entirely so I'm glad whoever made that decision is gone :lol:

Back