If/when the PS5 gets its equivalent of Xbox Game Pass and/or its backwards compatibility, what games would you want from prior PS systems on PS5?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 11 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
We're talking PS1, PS2, and PS3 games on PS5, as I recall that the PS5 is already largely backwards-compatible with PS4 games. At any rate, before we start writing up our wishlists, I just wanted to say that I think it would be extremely improbable, maybe even impossible, for any game that uses various licensed items to come back, such as licensed cars and/or music. So that means no previous games from IPs like Need for Speed or Gran Turismo, unfortunately. The various older games based on real-world motorsport series like NASCAR, the WRC, or Formula One are similarly unlikely to return - or any professional sport, for that matter. Even the Tony Hawk series - though with the success of the recent remake, that may not be a reason to lament, as remakes of other Tony Hawk games are rumored.

Speaking of remakes, I'm still holding out that Project Aces remakes the three PS2-era Ace Combat games, rather than simply port them to a modern system. Perhaps this is why they've announced the next title will be in collaboration with ICLA, who recently worked with GameFreak on Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl. But I digress.

Frankly speaking, I'm afraid I can't think of anything I'd truly want to see ported, especially in this day and age of remakes and potentially superior successors. The only game I can think of that I really want to see again, is 007 Nightfire, but even then, I'd prefer a remake with casual online multiplayer.

Last edited:
I have given up on BC because the games I want to see will never come.

Thats why I took the route of buying an old console by buying a PS2. Now I will game on PS5, PS4, PS2 and Xbox 360 with wide range of games.

Cant wait to go back to Gran Turismo 3 and 4 again.

The PS1 TOCA games
The PS1 Resident Evil games
And finally the whole Metal gear solid series!

Truth be told the list is actually much bigger and even if I spent an hour making a list I still not remember a lot of classics which I would like to play.
Over 20 years of games to think about after all.

Playstation has such a great back catalogue that if this happens and Sony get it right this new subscription will sell well I think.

I would love to be able to play Way of the Samurai games, Armored Core games, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 would be at the top of my list

I would love to revisit the old Metal Gear games, maybe the Killzone series too just for nostalgia.

The old GT games would be epic but I think the odds of that happening are slim.

None. I still have a PS2 plugged into one of my TV's. I have every PS1 and PS2 game on disc that I would want to play again. I also have my PS3 plugged into the same TV. I'm covered for gaming without some stupid subscription service.

Weirdly I’d love to sink some time into Jumping Flash and GT1 & 2. But TBH if I can find them online in disc form I have a brand new PS2 Slim.

130774-reel-fishing-playstation-front-cover.jpg

51MGC364EZL._AC_.jpg

Back