If you could bring back older music tracks that were made for GT, where would you put them within 7?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 19 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Now, this isn't necessarily as limited as it seems. Sure, you could have "Light Velocity" from GT3 as a track for Brand Central, which is what I'd do personally, but keep in mind that the theme for GT2's arcade mode returned for GT Sport's GT League mode. This wouldn't just include menu themes by Isamu Ohira, but also tracks by Daiki Kasho, as well as Lenny Ibizarre. For the latter, I'd have quite a few tracks return to both the pre-race menu and the "main" menu, especially if they played Lineage in the lobby for championship races.

I also don't see why we we can't potentially get an update that lets us customize the menu themes, as well as have the tracks that are seeming exclusive to Music Replay added to the race BGM track listing.

Last edited:
I'd give the player the choice to put them wherever they want. Personally I'm tired of PD reusing old music that was featured in prior games.

My Favourite Game. And I'd slap that bad boy in every menu. :sly:

Joke aside, I don't really want any tracks to return as much as I love them. I get tired of PD recycling music. It makes every game since GT5 feel same-y. Music plays a key role in setting the tone of the game, but what do we get? Daiki Kasho. Daiki Kasho. Kasho of the Daiki. Instead of getting a new selection of pop hits and rock classics with each game, we get a lot of recycled Daiki Kasho and generic lounge and jazz music. It's almost as if whomever chooses the music is stuck in their mold and unwilling to buy new licenses.

Last edited:
Didn't we used to be able (in a previous version of GT) to play music we had locally on our PS3s' hard drives? I feel like we could.

But yes, Favourite Game on repeat.

Yeah the music stinks in GT7, this music would of been fine for the japanese Market but we have different tastes elsewhere in the world, obviously saved them alot of money in fees. I only like music in replays and that was great soundtrack in gt3

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't use the music in the game (or any, for that matter) when I'm playing.
You're not the only one. I turned it off after hearing the same 3 songs over and over. There is only so much "SQUAD" and "Vroom" a person can tolerate.

Last edited:
Music needs to be continuous over all menus, not keep changing every time you change menu.
I agree 100%. I know PD tried to create a theme for each menu, and that's ok, but there's really no need for that. I think only the Café, Missions and Brand Central should have their own music.

In GT7, one of my favorites is Shulme, from Smith and Mudd. Really wish I had this music playing without any abruptions just because I'm on another menu.

And while I'm at it, I hate that in Scapes or GT Auto the audio is so low. In GT Sport was kinda nice having the music playing at normal volume when doing liveries or taking photos.

My Favourite Game. And I'd slap that bad boy in every menu. :sly:

Joke aside, I don't really want any tracks to return as much as I love them. I get tired of PD recycling music. It makes every game since GT5 feel same-y. Music plays a key role in setting the tone of the game, but what do we get? Daiki Kasho. Daiki Kasho. Kasho of the Daiki. Instead of getting a new selection of pop hits and rock classics with each game, we get a lot of recycled Daiki Kasho and generic lounge and jazz music. It's almost as if whomever chooses the music is stuck in their mold and unwilling to buy new licenses.
To be fair, right up to GT7's launch and past that, Daiki was producing an album for Japanese artist EXiNA, so that's why he didn't do anything new. Aside from the eight remasters/remakes and some of the post-race tunes he did (they definitely sound like him, I can tell), that is.

But honestly, the Japanese (and Kaz himself) obviously like him a lot, so... don't fix what ain't broke, yeah?

Last edited:
But honestly, the Japanese (and Kaz himself) obviously like him a lot, so... don't fix what ain't broke, yeah?
But he has to know that everyone has different tastes? If i were making a game I wouldn't just include two of my favourite artists for 70% of the soundtrack, just like I wouldn't only include cars and tracks I like. This game sells the most copies in Europe, then NA, then Japan is now last.

GT soundtracks used to be more varied, there was more chance people heard a few songs they like. But if you don't like Daiki Kasho or Lenny Ibizarre (and I don't), then much of GT7 and GTS has little appeal.

To be fair, right up to GT7's launch and past that, Daiki was producing an album for Japanese artist EXiNA, so that's why he didn't do anything new. Aside from the eight remasters/remakes and some of the post-race tunes he did (they definitely sound like him, I can tell), that is.

It's like Samus said, It's one thing to like Daiki Kasho, but another make a majority of the soundtrack his work when the game is sold in Europe and NA too. I get that it's a Japanese game but there is a wide audience that plays this game, shouldn't the soundtrack reflect that? In prior games we had not just Daiki Kasho, but also the likes of Judas Priest and Van Halen, two artists that are much more known and appealing to western audiences.

Its annoying that the best song in the game is the Nothing But Thieves one, and its only used sparingly in Replays.. of which I do not watch.

Bring back My Favourite Game, iconic. Feeder, Ash, Muse tracks too, all iconic. cant help but be reminded of Gran Turismo 3 every single time these songs/bands come on.

GT4 PAL version soundtrack we had was banging too. Hives, QOTSA, The Bravery, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand...

GT7 is embarrassing, the amount of comments I get from the girlfriend, along the lines of "What the hell is that music?! What are you watching in there?" :lol:

Its annoying that the best song in the game is the Nothing But Thieves one, and its only used sparingly in Replays.. of which I do not watch.

Bring back My Favourite Game, iconic. Feeder, Ash, Muse tracks too, all iconic. cant help but be reminded of Gran Turismo 3 every single time these songs/bands come on.

GT4 PAL version soundtrack we had was banging too. Hives, QOTSA, The Bravery, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand...

GT7 is embarrassing, the amount of comments I get from the girlfriend, along the lines of "What the hell is that music?! What are you watching in there?" :lol:
Again Sony owns a whole music subsidiary, owns Spotify I'm not sure why this is a problem.

GT2 had one of the best soundtracks in gaming, so I vote for just replacing GT7's music with GT2's.

It's like Samus said, It's one thing to like Daiki Kasho, but another make a majority of the soundtrack his work when the game is sold in Europe and NA too. I get that it's a Japanese game but there is a wide audience that plays this game, shouldn't the soundtrack reflect that? In prior games we had not just Daiki Kasho, but also the likes of Judas Priest and Van Halen, two artists that are much more known and appealing to western audiences.
...Hm, yeah, I get it. But in the end, it's ultimately up to Sony if they want to, yes, pay all them license fees. If I were them, though, I'd focus on commissioning more original music than using licensed music up the wazoo.

Btw, I have... certain people on ignore due to their post history, so I can't see their posts. Sorry. =/

Latest Posts

Back