If you like Volkswagens, you've come to the right place

• Thread starter RiceBuster
  • 26 comments
tarheelz95
Once in a while I like to take a step back from all the supercar racing, and throw in a little.. Everday-type car racing lol. For many of us, its not everyday that we see an aston martin on the street let alone drive one. But we see VW Golf GTI's all the time. And it seems as though many of them, at least here on the east coast of the US, belong to some sort of VW-Audi racing/car group. So I guess it makes you wonder, what would happen if I tune this thing in GT5P? Would it be any fun to race in? Well those of you that have tricked out your VWs in the past can answer that one for sure. Well anyway, here's a little quick tune I tried out for fiji speedway that I had some success with; not sure I love the gear ratios but couldn't really come up with bette yet..
PP- 492
Hp 297
Weight 1135
Ride Height -46, -40
Spring rate 9, 7
Damper 8, 7
Toe -0.08, +0.06
Camber 1.0, 0.8
Brake balance 8,6
Max turning 30
TCS off
ABS 1

Gear Ratios
1st 3.235
2nd 2.146
3rd 1.513
4th 1.130
5th 1.108
6th 0.926
Final 3.944

Its fun 2 drive, but only when your racing agaist cars you can realistically compete with, so don't go racing a Ferrari F2007 now lol

No prob guys, I hope the tunes went ok, I only used it on fiji speedway and went real well.. I always been a big vw and audi fan, one of my buddies is in a big, and I figure some1 has to give V Dubs their props- they've got some of the biggest, most dedicated racing/car groups around here on the east coast

I'm glad V Dubs are gettin some views over here. I hope when the new GT comes out in 2009 they throw in a new beetle- they've had them in past games.. And how bout a jetta and a passat lol.. I'm envisioning an online event with volkwagens only.. :)

Nice setup fella I will try this out later.

I'm hoping the MK1 Golf GTI and Aircooled Bug will be back in GT5.

as someone who grew up in the back of a Wabbit....

Volks are getting rare around here, I only see the occasional G5, beetles, new and old, are rare as hen's teeth, and there's only ONE jetta I see now.

Rice Buster: the Bora in Gt4 is simply a European market Jetta, yk. that one was AMAZING for rallying

Thanks man, I hope GT realizes what a big V Dub audience they have, and that they put at least 3 or 4 volkswagens in the new game. They're not supercars, but people will race them often, theyre just fun to tune and race. Lemme know how the tune goes

Vw's are big here in nyc, and there's big vw-audi-bmw club in the city here... there name is in the back of eurotuner, and I know 1 of the guys there.. I'd like 2 join but I gotta save more $$ for a vw.. They got some sick 2000, 2001audi s4's too.. Hmm I wonder if they'll bring the new s4 into the new game

The car is very well balanced, turns good, brakes good. Acceleration is good but it could be better. Gears are somewhat ok but it could be better. I am trying out some gear tunes for this car. Overall I would say 8/10.

Thanks BRacing_protox.... yea I couldn't really figure out a great gear ratio for this car, its tough, but I guess that's why this car is fun to play around with... lemme know what you can come up with, thanks man

Thanks for the tune. I will have to try it out.

The MkV GTI was the first car I bought in the game as I own a MkV Rabbit in real life (pics in sig). I even got it in the same color, Midnight Blue.

I use it as my show off car for the cockpit view when people want to see the game. They have been in my car and so I know it is a cockpit that they will recognize and be able to make out the detail in.

Yea man I love everythin about that car, hopefully in another year I'll be able to afford a vw like that including the insurance and stuff lol dam insurance is a killer... I came up with some new gear ratios that worked out ok on the eiger nordwood track, seemed 2 help the acceleration a bit, but I don't know if it would work too great on another track... I'll post them up tomorrow and see what you guys think, time 2 go treat my lady to some dinner lol

No prob.... its crazy, this car is fun to drive in real life AND in the game.. I think its just another thing that shows how pretty realistic this game is and how advanced games are getting

Yea man I love everythin about that car, hopefully in another year I'll be able to afford a vw like that including the insurance and stuff lol dam insurance is a killer... I came up with some new gear ratios that worked out ok on the eiger nordwood track, seemed 2 help the acceleration a bit, but I don't know if it would work too great on another track... I'll post them up tomorrow and see what you guys think, time 2 go treat my lady to some dinner lol
Yeah, insurance on the GTI will kill you but on my Rabbit I am actually paying less than the Kia Sportage I had before. While it has a lot of power and torque for a compact car it also has an insane amount of standard safety features. When I was getting it insured my agent was on the phone going over all the safety options and I said yes to nearly everything and he just kept saying, "That helps, that too, and that." The insurance on my then new Rabbit, my wife's new Yaris, renter's insurance, and an additional policy on my wife's engagement ring and wedding band is all under $300 a month. And that is with increasing the coverage well above what my loan requires.

I also have a few discounts from my alumni association, AAA, and a few other things.

Yeah, insurance on the GTI will kill you but on my Rabbit I am actually paying less than the Kia Sportage I had before. While it has a lot of power and torque for a compact car it also has an insane amount of standard safety features. When I was getting it insured my agent was on the phone going over all the safety options and I said yes to nearly everything and he just kept saying, "That helps, that too, and that." The insurance on my then new Rabbit, my wife's new Yaris, renter's insurance, and an additional policy on my wife's engagement ring and wedding band is all under $300 a month. And that is with increasing the coverage well above what my loan requires.

I also have a few discounts from my alumni association, AAA, and a few other things.

Wow that's not bad, but unfortunatly here in new york city insurance on anything is expensive.. I can't even get my little bro a tricycle without payin 400 a month for insurance... plus I'm a fairly new and young driver so that don't help.. W/e I'm still gettin that car asap lol

No prob.... its crazy, this car is fun to drive in real life AND in the game.. I think its just another thing that shows how pretty realistic this game is and how advanced games are getting
Yeah And I can be sure of that one, I used to have an 01 Jetta Wolfsburg which came with the same wheels as the 01 GTi in GT5P.
I miss my Jetta so :nervous:, it's bad when I have to get my fix from a video game lol.

Yeah And I can be sure of that one, I used to have an 01 Jetta Wolfsburg which came with the same wheels as the 01 GTi in GT5P.
I miss my Jetta so :nervous:, it's bad when I have to get my fix from a video game lol.

Yea man lol I'd like 2 see them put a Jetta in the new game in 09 but idk if they'd do that.. You never know, I guess we'll see..

Yea man lol I'd like 2 see them put a Jetta in the new game in 09 but idk if they'd do that.. You never know, I guess we'll see..
I don't see why not. There is a Jetta TDI Cup racing series, so there is definitely a racing background to fall on, much like the Beetle Cup car in GT4.

Ok so a quick play with these setting's gave me a 2.07.xxx on Fuji, I didnt really push the car crazy, and was in abit of traffic in the middle of the track, But It felt pretty solid. I'm not too good of a driver so I'm going to say these settings are really good! haha

Ahh Vee Dub fans!!

I gotta try this tune out tonight.
I'm a massive fan of the GTi and all VW's in general. My parents drive a Passat and it's really nice to drive as i slapped my L plates on it one day with my dad.

GT5 will have the R32 aswell, come on!!!

Back