if you thought actually playing was a grind (YOLD)

  • Thread starter Thread starter monyx
  • 4 comments
  • 1,017 views
Messages
19
Australia
Australia
so ready for summer hols to put some time in (summer in Oz), religiously logged in 5 days for 200% (but too busy to play much until after Xmas) clock up $1m and just getting into into when my 2007 FAT ps3 gives up the ghost...while playing GT6, with my GT6 bluray stuck in the drive (it's an orig 60gb unit so the eject on power-up doesn't work)...and my only save is when I had $120k in the bank.

so before I can play again, I got hours of real grinding to do - taking it apart, reflowing cpu/gpu, redoing heat paste etc. now that's a grind :-(
 
Buy a new ps3 dude

Why put yourself through such problems, unless cheapskate?
 
yep already got a 12gb slimline as a 2nd bluray player and will buy another to replace this old one - BUT my GT6 disc and game saves for everything are stuck in the old ps3 that won't event turn on - so I have to go through the rigmoral just to recover them.
 
If you turn your PS3 off using the switch at the back of the console, then hold the eject button while switching it back on, it'll enter Emergency Eject.

Try it, it might get your disk out.
 
From what I've been seeing on these forums, the "Fat" consoles have had a much higher failure rate with GT6 compared to the "Slim" models.
 
Back