IGTL World Series - £500 Prizepool GT Sport Competition

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
Sheffield
LewisBentley6
Hey guys, I thought I'd introduce GTPlanet to a major GT Sport project I've been working on.

The IGTL World Series is an Esports competition that any A+ DR driver can enter, the target here is to offer top players an FIAGTC alternative and offer spectators more high level GT Sport racing to watch.

We're handling a few keys things differently to what you'd typically see in GT Sport racing, I'll list the major differences:

• All races contain 12 players, with 2 slots reserved for Live Stewards armed with instant replays and 2 slots for broadcasters.
  • No ingame contact penalties, Stewards will issue offending players Stop-Go Pit Stop penalties instead. Shortcut penalties handed out by the game must be served off the racing line within 30 seconds.
  • Drivers are released by the Stewards at a delay during qualifying, drivers are then prohibited from slowing down to seek a slipstream. All drivers get 2 back to back qualifying laps.
  • We're putting a lot of effort into broadcast production, making the series extremely easy to watch is a really high priority.
  • We have no limit on driver entries, if you are A+ you can come and have a go!
  • We're also incorporating as much feedback from top drivers as possible into the races: longer races, lower tyre/fuel multipliers, custom BoP, addressing dirty air, etc. are all things we've worked on.
  • Finally, arguably the big one, 6 drivers will win a share of £500.

We have a 17 page series regulations document which covers all the details, I will not be covering those details in this thread, because its about 4700 words long :lol:

If you're interested in competing, or just want to have a better understanding of how it works, give it a read HERE

Our first event is taking place this Friday, 27th March, its a test/promo event that doesn't count towards the series. (The grid is already fully locked in)

...And since it doesn't count, I figured screw it, lets use a 15 million credit car!

unknown.png

This race contains some names you'll recognise and should get us started off hot, you can watch it (and the rest of the series' races) live HERE. All events will then be neatly edited down and uploaded in full to YouTube. (I'll link that when the time comes)

Following this race, we'll then get started officially on Friday 10th April with the first race that actually counts. You can check out the full calendar in the Regulations Document I posted up above.

If you want to get more involved, be it as a spectator or driver, you can come and check out our Discord server! There's no join alerts and nobody will bother you, so you're welcome to just pop in and have a browse.

https://discord.gg/6aSbJXh

Cheers guys! I'll most likely update here as we progress through the series 👍

Last edited:
I want to add that you'll see racing combos you're not used to see in Sport Mode or live event during the Special Events. Each one has an added twist on top of that that should make things unique and account for a diversity of preferences among drivers. The IGTL staff tested all these combos : don't be afraid by some of the parameters, they're all nice to drive.

Sounds interesting :D I need to talk to Hash or Schosse about everything I‘d need to know in addition to having read the rules :D

I hope I can enter :dopey:

I want to add that you'll see racing combos you're not used to see in Sport Mode or live event during the Special Events. Each one has an added twist on top of that that should make things unique and account for a diversity of preferences among drivers. The IGTL staff tested all these combos : don't be afraid by some of the parameters, they're all nice to drive.
I wish PD put this much thought into competition rules! Love the whole concept and will take part if I can :)
PD, hire @mclarenLB and IGTL to create daily race and FIA combos

Great work with this, Lewis, it produced a really good battle for the win.

What is the timestamp in the youtube video of what ewerby did to earn the penalty? I've watched a few minutes before the penalty was announced, but am struggling to spot the incident.

What is the timestamp in the youtube video of what ewerby did to earn the penalty? I've watched a few minutes before the penalty was announced, but am struggling to spot the incident.

At 41:46 he had a small contact with Quinten, which resulted in Quinten going wide losing 2 positions, and hitting a wall.
It's hard to see on the broadcast, but the Stewards are using replays to watch the incident multiple times, from different camera angles.

Last edited:
Special Event 1 qualifiers have kicked off ! We already did a session of qualifying lobbies earlier, next one is a 20h GMT. Open to all A+ drivers, no registration process other than jumping in the lobby and do a qualy session. Host tonight will be LZR_Lewis, finding the lobby is easy : just look for Mount Panorama lobbies restricted to A+ DR. Be sure to own a '16 Camaro SS.

Join the discord here to find all the infos and be noticed when the session opens : https://discord.gg/6aSbJXh

Back