- 183

- Pennsylvania, U
- Mcjoz88
- GuitarJozz
Hey everyone, I'm another new guy here.
I have been playing these GT games ever since the first one on the PS1. Just got Gran Turismo 5 for christmas, and have been spending countless hours in the game driving my favorite cars. I'm more of a muscle car kinda guy, so if you ever see me online, I'll probably be in one of those. Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Barracudas, etc. I just love the power and feel you get when behind the wheel. Oh, and did I mention the sound... that oh so sweet low rumbling...
So far, I am really enjoying GT5. It's an amazing game, and all the little touches here and there, such as when viewing a replay, switching to the in car view where you can see the driver on a premium car, and being able to watch him actually move the shifter up, down, left and right like in a real car with a manual transmission.... it's quite remarkable. Just wish more cars were Premium..
Like many others, I have noticed quite a few things that need addressing(individual gear ratios being a #1 for me right now). But I will not get into that here. Just wanted to introduce myself, and let you know a little about me...
Now to get into the basic questions:
I don't actually remember how I found out about GTPlanet. I actually never heard of it until I got GT5... I think I heard about it in another forum, over at Gamefaqs.
I am from Pennsylvania, USA. Like I said, my first game in this series was the original Gran Turismo on Playstation 1. I have been thinking about getting a steering wheel, but I am battling my better judgement on spending more for a controller than the game costs. And I know if I would get one, it would probably be the G27, which is usually in excess of $300... Unless I could find one used and cheap maybe, I think I'll be sticking with my Dualshock 3...
Other games I enjoy are LittleBigPlanet(just received LBP2 in the mail yesterday, have yet to try it), Call of Duty(more so the original ones, not the newer ones for some reason. I like World at War though), Borderlands, GTA IV(the physics and damage in that game are great), Uncharted series, Skate series, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous, and quite a few more.
I look forward to just finding out more about the game, and if/what future updates will consist of, and also just reading what others are doing in the game. I am currently level 20 in A-spec, and 7 in B-spec. I enjoy just trying out the different cars. I'm having more fun doing that, then actually doing the race events. I'm not really paying attention to my levels or anything. I think it will take me like a year to get my level up to 40. I find it more enjoyable to just try different cars out, and upgrade/tune them, and then race with them, earning back the money I spent, and more, and then using that money to buy another car, etc. I'm also trying to perfect my drifting right now...
So yeah, that's my introduce yourself topic... Happy...uh...Driving!
I have been playing these GT games ever since the first one on the PS1. Just got Gran Turismo 5 for christmas, and have been spending countless hours in the game driving my favorite cars. I'm more of a muscle car kinda guy, so if you ever see me online, I'll probably be in one of those. Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Barracudas, etc. I just love the power and feel you get when behind the wheel. Oh, and did I mention the sound... that oh so sweet low rumbling...
So far, I am really enjoying GT5. It's an amazing game, and all the little touches here and there, such as when viewing a replay, switching to the in car view where you can see the driver on a premium car, and being able to watch him actually move the shifter up, down, left and right like in a real car with a manual transmission.... it's quite remarkable. Just wish more cars were Premium..
Like many others, I have noticed quite a few things that need addressing(individual gear ratios being a #1 for me right now). But I will not get into that here. Just wanted to introduce myself, and let you know a little about me...
Now to get into the basic questions:
I don't actually remember how I found out about GTPlanet. I actually never heard of it until I got GT5... I think I heard about it in another forum, over at Gamefaqs.
I am from Pennsylvania, USA. Like I said, my first game in this series was the original Gran Turismo on Playstation 1. I have been thinking about getting a steering wheel, but I am battling my better judgement on spending more for a controller than the game costs. And I know if I would get one, it would probably be the G27, which is usually in excess of $300... Unless I could find one used and cheap maybe, I think I'll be sticking with my Dualshock 3...
Other games I enjoy are LittleBigPlanet(just received LBP2 in the mail yesterday, have yet to try it), Call of Duty(more so the original ones, not the newer ones for some reason. I like World at War though), Borderlands, GTA IV(the physics and damage in that game are great), Uncharted series, Skate series, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous, and quite a few more.
I look forward to just finding out more about the game, and if/what future updates will consist of, and also just reading what others are doing in the game. I am currently level 20 in A-spec, and 7 in B-spec. I enjoy just trying out the different cars. I'm having more fun doing that, then actually doing the race events. I'm not really paying attention to my levels or anything. I think it will take me like a year to get my level up to 40. I find it more enjoyable to just try different cars out, and upgrade/tune them, and then race with them, earning back the money I spent, and more, and then using that money to buy another car, etc. I'm also trying to perfect my drifting right now...
So yeah, that's my introduce yourself topic... Happy...uh...Driving!