I'm about to come unglued, please help me.

  • Thread starter Thread starter UltimateLurker
  • 21 comments
  • 2,181 views
Messages
1,261
I have 3 friends on PSN. Their ghost line shows up on my seasonal challenge. It bugs the **** out of me. I have deleted them as friends, even blocked them, but the line persists. I need this line gone, I can't concentrate!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE.
 
I have 3 friends on PSN. Their ghost line shows up on my seasonal challenge. It bugs the **** out of me. I have deleted them as friends, even blocked them, but the line persists. I need this line gone, I can't concentrate!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE.
Turn off your ghost car
 
I can't, it doesn't give me that option, unless I'm not finding it. It displays a line, or the car, there is no "off".
 
I can't, it doesn't give me that option, unless I'm not finding it. It displays a line, or the car, there is no "off".
Are you using a DS3 as mention above do that or are you using a wheel.
 
A controller.

hit the up on the arrow on the DS3 controler

I have no idea what you are talking about. In the race I have a quick menu. This quick menu gives me 1 of 2 options; semi-transparent ghost, or a line. There is no arrow. There is no off. In the main menu I can't find anything either. Yes, I'm about to kill something :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You need to assign the function to a button in the options menu. If you haven't changed the controls yet, then it's d-pad up while racing, yes.
 
I have no idea what you are talking about. In the race I have a quick menu. This quick menu gives me 1 of 2 options; semi-transparent ghost, or a line. There is no arrow. There is no off. In the main menu I can't find anything either. Yes, I'm about to kill something :)
Have you ever played GT5.
 
Are you new to GT6.

Not at all, 80% done, but had no idea that in a race, pressing the up direction button on the d-pad would disable the ghost. This is beyond stupid. I mean, seriously. Why have the disable-ghost on the damn d-pad when the ghost options are in the menu? PD: you are idiots.

Thanks for the help guys, now I don't have to destroy this game :)

You need to assign the function to a button in the options menu. If you haven't changed the controls yet, then it's d-pad up while racing, yes.

Is there an option somewhere, hidden on this controller, that allows me to turn off these "friend" ghosts and leave my own? Especially since they're not even "friends" anymore?

Have you ever played GT5.

Yes, of course, I have all the GT games, back to the beginning. I usually don't mess with the ghost, and have never seen "friend" ghosts in any GT game before. This really has nothing to do with the game, PD just doesn't know how to make things intuitive. If the D-Pad up-direction button is a quick-change, it should still be in the main menu. Imagine this was car maintenance in real life. You do everything under the hood, even check your oil, but to change the oil you have to be in the passenger seat. Makes ZERO sense.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, of course, I have all the GT games, back to the beginning. I usually don't mess with the ghost, and have never seen "friend" ghosts in any GT game before. This really has nothing to do with the game, PD just doesn't know how to make things intuitive. If the D-Pad up-direction button is a quick-change, it should still be in the main menu. Imagine this was car maintenance in real life. You do everything under the hood, even check your oil, but to change the oil you have to be in the passenger seat. Makes ZERO sense.
It is a new feature in GT6 about the ghost car with blue lines and the names of your friends on it. I find that good of PD to do that because you know how well you are going with you friends online Time Trials and seasonal challenges. So if you do not want it on just press up on the D pad on the DS3 controller and how hard is it to do that.
 
I find the d-pad up to be very intuitive, then when I am trying to beat my times round a circuit I can have the ghost there when it is far enough ahead or behind. Then if it gets in the way through a tricky section I can just get rid of it for a bit with the touch of one button. If you don't like the blue lines, then be faster than your friends and they will stay out of your sight 👍 However I do not know how to remove those lines but keep your ghost
 
Go into controller settings, main screen and press start button, and you have to allocate buttons and functions in controller settings.

Here is my DS3 setup: Throttle/Brake right analogue stick
L2 gear down / R2 gear up with little triggers fitted
L1 rear view / R1 nitro (unused)
* * D-Pad down wipers / D-pad up Ghost replay and online friends blue line on, off. * *
L3 horn / R3 Hi-Lo beam ect ect
 
Guys, please.

in·tu·i·tive
inˈt(y)o͞oitiv/
adjective
  1. 1.
    using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.
The "d-pad up" may be fantastic, after you know what it does, but it's certainly not intuitive with ghost types in the menu. Intuitive would be an off-on in the menu, but no, that'd be too simple ;).

And I guess there is no way to turn off friends' ghosts and leave your own...even after they are blocked...

Bravo PD, bravo.

Have I told you guys I love you? Well, I do :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool , another problem solved. well done lads.:cheers: :gtpflag:
 
My dictionary looked different....

"Intuitive - reading the manual and checking the settings and button assignments for your new game before heading to an internet forum to whine that you can't find a way to turn off a setting in said game.

TLDR: RTFM"

Seems slightly verbose.... :rolleyes:
 
Are people actually complaining because they don't like how the buttons are mapped?? :odd: Now I've seen everything.
 
Are people actually complaining because they don't like how the buttons are mapped?? :odd: Now I've seen everything.
Yep, people are complaining because they do not like how the buttons are mapped
and their to lazy to change the settings.
 
Not at all, 80% done, but had no idea that in a race, pressing the up direction button on the d-pad would disable the ghost. This is beyond stupid. I mean, seriously. Why have the disable-ghost on the damn d-pad when the ghost options are in the menu?

I agree, it is not intuitive, it took me a bit of searching to find out how it all works. But the up button is a good choice as it is very easy to use while racing. Having the option to easily turn it on/off during racing is great if, like me, you find the ghost distracting when you and it are close to each other. I turn it off during the turns and then back on during the straights until we are clear of each other, then I leave it on to see when it is catching me, or vice-versa. This way I can learn which sections I can improve on most. I wouldn't want to go to the menu to do this as I might do it quite a few times per lap. I also hate the ghost line, I much prefer the ghost car.
 
I'm not complaining about how they are mapped, I'm complaining because it doesn't make sense.

This is non-negotiable, thanks for playing our game.
 
Oh, and I'm also complaining about the fact that you can't shut off just your friend's ghost, you have to shut them all off.

And last but not least, I'm also complaining about the fact that if you block someone, you still see their ghost...

That should cover it :)
 
Not at all, 80% done, but had no idea that in a race, pressing the up direction button on the d-pad would disable the ghost. This is beyond stupid. I mean, seriously. Why have the disable-ghost on the damn d-pad when the ghost options are in the menu? PD: you are idiots.

Thanks for the help guys, now I don't have to destroy this game :)



Is there an option somewhere, hidden on this controller, that allows me to turn off these "friend" ghosts and leave my own? Especially since they're not even "friends" anymore?



Yes, of course, I have all the GT games, back to the beginning. I usually don't mess with the ghost, and have never seen "friend" ghosts in any GT game before. This really has nothing to do with the game, PD just doesn't know how to make things intuitive. If the D-Pad up-direction button is a quick-change, it should still be in the main menu. Imagine this was car maintenance in real life. You do everything under the hood, even check your oil, but to change the oil you have to be in the passenger seat. Makes ZERO sense.


You're exagerating...
 
Back