I'm at a loss and need assisstance. (Warning: Long post ahead)PS4 

• Thread starter bman1984
  • 24 comments
United States
United States
**Please be warned this is a long post.**

Before I start I want to make it clear, I do know about Project CARS official forums. I visit there every so often, but is against posting there because frankly no one of authority or that can help takes the game and forum serious, outside of tire guy Doug94 (I think that’s his name). It’s a circus/comedy club setting over there and I see me getting nowhere and/or banned because I might say something true and hurt someone’s feelings. One side would take a bullet for the game and the other is trying to convince the blind people there are serious issues with the game. I know this is long and may seem like a rant and that's not my intentions. I just wanted to express my feelings and experiences to someone or a group of people who won’t give me the blank stare and not understand my frustration, maybe even some help. This is the third time since I’ve had the game when it was released that I told myself not to post but not this time.

Now... I am truly at a loss and I’m not sure what to do. Up till now I have dealt with the short falls of Project CARS, such as decreasing the AI percentage or turned off realistic features such as flag/penalties and damage to wade through the various bugs and “real” situations. I have done every event/invitation possible as they come along thus far in career mode and I think I’m ending the karting part of my career. The last three events (invitations) I have/had on my calendar in order are:

*25 hours of Bathurst (Track day)
*25 hours of Nurbugring (Track day)
*24 hours of Le Mans (Endurance Series)

*Bathurst: I got Disqualified with 13 minutes and 17 seconds left on the clock. The situation: I hit the rumble strip at turn 1 along with getting on the gas, I slid and the car came to rest facing the railing opposite of the pit exit. I completely take responsibility for that, I dun goofed. What I WON’T take responsibility for is holding the brake and waiting the the Audi to pass by. Instead of avoiding me, he went waaayy wide for some reason and I was rammed in the back with my brake light bright as day. I GOT DISQUALIFIED. Me, the parked car, the sitting duck. I believe GTPlanet Member TT92 had the same issue, so it’s not just me making stuff up. I'm sorry that I can't find the post. Furious is a nice word to use here. Is that how car accidents are dealt with overseas, the parked car is in the wrong??? Oh and never once since day one have I experience a yellow, or blue flag. I know the black flag works just fine though. I ended up completing this at 1% or 2 hours in length. So much for simulation.

*Nurburgring: Very simple, I put my time in and swapped drivers so I could play responsible adult. As I do, I waited one tank of fuel worth to make sure BOB would stop, and he did. I came back about 8 hours later..... to find him all alone parked in the pits OUT OF GAS. Not only do I have to hold his hand and tell him “It’s raining fool, stop pitting every lap and put slick tires on” (even Gran Turismo 5 & 6 gets that right) now I find that I have to tell him “the closer to “E” you are or smaller the fuel number is, the less fuel you have”. Again, I was quite miffed and wondered when the AI opponents would be affected by real life situations. Bad enough I’m the only one effected by tire temperatures because why not. If you can’t implement it completely, don’t do it at all please. Once again, I ended up completing this at 1% or 2 hours in length. So much for simulation.

So I stopped playing out of disgust and waited for update v2.0.

*And now today, complete with videos!!! Le Mans: well let’s let the video tell the story..... If you are wondering about the large gap, I put that gap between 2nd place and myself as a buffer because I didn't know if it was going to rain and he'd keep pitting every lap for wet tires and I wasn't there to hold his hand or have an incident. I was right with one worry. Also, please excuse my crummy editing skills:lol:.

Tourist or odd place to get fuel and tires? Should have been a sign to take serious, but nope I don’t want to give up.

I’m guessing the above happened again because I woke up to find the car in the condition you see, no front or rear end or engine cover. I wasn’t sure if this was something out of Transformers or Christine. Anyway, is this the improved AI?? No matter how much I said “it’s the pedal on the right, go around!!” it didn’t work. Then my AI cuts at the end of the clip. It’s funny how the AI opponents seem to be unaffected by the “be stupid” part of the AI programming/code.

And for the much awaited finale, with damage set to visual only, no mechanical damage, NO flags and penalties, basically gimping the game......

So.... the find folks at SMS would tell me something along the lines of git gud or hey it happens. My hope is that someone here that will be taken seriously and not “Oh look a newb complaining.... BANNED HAHAAHA” can bring it to their attention. I believe information coming from someone that they have a rapport with will get much further than a member with 0 posts. I know SMS can’t give me my time back, I’m just frustrated that this game was delayed so many times, “99% ready”, and three updates later this is the state of the game.

What am I doing wrong here? I know I'm not a hardcore racer, but dang I understand the very basics. Is there anything I can do to stop this on my end? The career will only get harder, more involved and have many longer races. I want to leave the Session length at 100% along with all real life settings. I don’t know how much longer I will wait and tolerant I will be. My goal was to complete the full 24 hour race and also get the trophy for it. You know, have a sense of accomplishment. I didn't purchase this game to collect dust, that's what Need for Speed Shift and Shift 2 did.

I don’t play online nor have PlayStation Plus so that’s a no go. I’m ok with completing the offline career mode, if the game worked right. I guess it’s back to ol’ reliable. At least I can enjoy it with my wheel.

Thanks for reading and hopefully all this stuff can be resolved swiftly and not have SMS imply they are perfect and did no wrong.

Bonus video! If only there was system that alerted the other drivers that a car refuses to fix their car so be cautious.... maybe a.... Flag system. I would suggest yellow since it’s bright. Not that it would matter for the AI, the driver was intent to run into his opponent. Note, everything was set to real or on so where was the flag or course caution? Also, this is from version 1.4 of the game, but still where is that warning?

we've all had issues with the game, and unfortunately i can't see them all being fixed. some are so random and hard to be reproduced so i personally don't expect this game to ever be 100% 'solid', which is a damn shame.

having said that, it's still immensely good fun to play, but i get the frustration. i'm a career noob, with 95% of my game time being quick race weekends, so i've yet to experience anything really bad happen in this regard. all we can do is hope SMS take note of the bugs, can reproduce them, and try to fix them for us. i do feel a bit let down by the game, but not enough to detract from the good times i've had with my wheel.

i predict a mass exodus on xbox once FM6 comes out though, but luckily that's not including me.

sorry if that's not much help :D

Pretty much what bleeder said. Yes, there are some bugs, some are very frustrating but at the same time very specific and hard to reproduce. Most people do online and offline short races without use AI driver, so most people are not affected by these issues. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed though.

You can report these on the official forums, just keep your opinions of the game to yourself and only report bugs and you'll be fine. Hopefully the devs can use your help with these.

Overall, I think this game has ability to provide you with lots of fun if you keep your expectations in check and avoid th buggier areas (such as very long races and AI driver). I personally keep my races to 7-12 laps and almost have no issues ever. If you compare it to Forza where every races is 2-3 laps and you only have 15 opponents, it's a huge improvement. And GT's AI is missing the I. So for me, it is the best racing experience on consoles I can get now, but it could be even better once more bugs are fixed.

I had very similar experiences when I first did these endurance races, and yes, they are very frustrating.
A couple of things that make endurance racing much better for me:
- Set damage either off or performance impacting.
- Set mechanical damage off.
- Set flags and penalties off.
You can set up multiple pit stop strategies but only 1 can be your default. Bob will always use the default when he pits, even if the default is for soft tyres and it starts raining. You have to take a chance to leave him for a few hours or babysit him.
Check your car setup before the race and set your fuel to max for pit stops. The default is weird.
Hope this helps and you have fun in endurance racing.

Thanks for the responses. Most of all thanks for not being rude about this.👍

I completely get that it won’t be 100% bug free. Making a game gets more complex as the years go by and PC and consoles get more technical. I get that. Heck, up till this point I was having a great time and I personally feel I stink. Sure there were problems here and there like at Zolder crashing when leaving the garage (BMW M1 invitational?) or a random invalid lap at one of the versions of Glencairn kart track. But neither of those ended my race, it was an annoying inconvenience. You regroup and push on, on the fly. These endurances really kicked my rump for sure and has me worried when I have a race that requires a pit stop. I can’t ignore the stop.

As for the random stopping and most of all the pit crash into nothing, I’m sorry but that’s to fundamental to miss. For the record, I just took back control from the AI to finish the race (since I’m not sure if I have to finish the race or the AI can), and it just so happens BOOM crash. Something was a miss and too coincidental. We’re not talking about the little side lights on an Le Mans car that show your place not working. That's minor to me and while it would be nice to have that detail working, that’s not going to impact the result of your race. A car exploding kind of will.

I still feel the AI is a bit “perfect”. They still seem to always have the answers when it comes to weather, perfect line to take in any situation, even cutting or how to not have an incident like miscalculate the amount of fuel needed or when they hit a rumble strip or drive in the grass it’s nothing to them, yet I feel it and have a consequents. I doubt any race car driver and their team have never made an error, even minor. I’m sure it’s complex, but as long as SMS continues to tweak and find that near perfect balance so be it. That’s why the AI slider is great to cater to any skill level.

Also, is it normal to not hear your pit manager during an invitational event? He’s very chatty when it’s part of a team race, things like the time gap or watch the cars ahead (benchmarkers I think he calls it?) but not a peep outside of that. He does say “Go, Go, Go” when the pit work is done, which I have no control over.

I had very similar experiences when I first did these endurance races, and yes, they are very frustrating.
A couple of things that make endurance racing much better for me:
- Set damage either off or performance impacting.
- Set mechanical damage off.
- Set flags and penalties off.
You can set up multiple pit stop strategies but only 1 can be your default. Bob will always use the default when he pits, even if the default is for soft tyres and it starts raining. You have to take a chance to leave him for a few hours or babysit him.
Check your car setup before the race and set your fuel to max for pit stops. The default is weird.
Hope this helps and you have fun in endurance racing.

Animera, I took your advice from the Endurance thread you made and everything went well till the “crash” on pit road. That’s why I was confused as to why I was disqualified. I had everything off and visual damage only for visual effect to avoid something just like this. If it was just the crash and I go on my merry way, I’d say “that.. that was weird”.

I’ll give it another go in a few days again and see what happens. I don't want to give up and want to complete a full 24 hour race not only for the trophy but to say "hey I/we did it". Here’s to hoping SMS can get the game in order or pretty darn close. It’s got the potential for sure, now nail down the core of the gameplay.

Thanks again everyone. Have a safe day/night.:)

I do really feel for you. You are not alone, there are a lot of people suffering with this game and some of the idiotic things it does.

I have had another DQ that beats all the previous ones I have had. I can't remember the track but I got hit by an AI car and spun. Yeah like that doesn't happen very often :-( Anyway, I ended up buried in the sand, facing the wrong way, half way to Siberia and Wham, hit by another AI car and got DQed for causing the accident! I was stationary, buried nearly to my door handles in the sand! And a looooooooong way off the track!

After patch 2.0 I am suspecting that there is a small percentage of AI car activity specifically mapped to deliberately ram me. I am at the stage now where I am anticipating the ram and dodging it. I am also getting short cut notifications when in fact I am in the middle of the track BUT am surrounded by AI cars. Happened at Silverstone GP and Dubai GP, just to name a couple.

Just to change the subject a little. I too am on PS4 so how do I command BOB to make a pitstop so I can change back into the car? Or at very least to get him to pit so I can put the right tyres on. I have searched on this a fair bit and seems like PC users can but I cannot see how a PS4 user can. There is no button to map for this on my PS4 set up screen. Does anyone know?

Just part of the Project Cars 'charm'. :D

For all its glitches - the game does provide some of the best raw racing ive ever experienced,something i never had with something like GT. Its just a case of taking the rough with the smooth and hope they keep ironing them out. At least the patches have been coming!

I do really feel for you. You are not alone, there are a lot of people suffering with this game and some of the idiotic things it does.

I have had another DQ that beats all the previous ones I have had. I can't remember the track but I got hit by an AI car and spun. Yeah like that doesn't happen very often :-( Anyway, I ended up buried in the sand, facing the wrong way, half way to Siberia and Wham, hit by another AI car and got DQed for causing the accident! I was stationary, buried nearly to my door handles in the sand! And a looooooooong way off the track!

After patch 2.0 I am suspecting that there is a small percentage of AI car activity specifically mapped to deliberately ram me. I am at the stage now where I am anticipating the ram and dodging it. I am also getting short cut notifications when in fact I am in the middle of the track BUT am surrounded by AI cars. Happened at Silverstone GP and Dubai GP, just to name a couple.

Just to change the subject a little. I too am on PS4 so how do I command BOB to make a pitstop so I can change back into the car? Or at very least to get him to pit so I can put the right tyres on. I have searched on this a fair bit and seems like PC users can but I cannot see how a PS4 user can. There is no button to map for this on my PS4 set up screen. Does anyone know?
Don't know for sure but don't you just have to map the 'request pit stop' command to a button and you're good to go? It's in the wheel configuration screens.

Ah my memory was correct!

From Post #1:
What I WON’T take responsibility for is holding the brake and waiting the the Audi to pass by. Instead of avoiding me, he went waaayy wide for some reason and I was rammed in the back with my brake light bright as day. I GOT DISQUALIFIED. Me, the parked car, the sitting duck. I believe GTPlanet Member TT92 had the same issue, so it’s not just me making stuff up. I'm sorry that I can't find the post.

The amount of disappointment on my face when it happen to me was not priceless to say the least.

I’ve watched video’s whether it’s from GTPlanet or Project CARS forums and while I am no professional, the AI still bullies the human around but not each other which I find odd if not intentional. Unfortunately, even with picture/video proof, it’s the same tired excuses like the famous “you left a gap”. If the AI ends up cutting to avoid a crash and poor decision HE made, then clearly there was no gap and the AI knows there is no negative effect on cutting or bumping. That is of course my opinion.... well some of it, the other some is pure fact no matter how you slice it.

Like bleeder mentioned, Request Pit Stop is not assigned to a button by default. Here’s how to navigate to the option:

*Options & Help
*Controls
*Edit Assignments (Use R1)
*Vehicle (Use R2)
*Request Pit Stop (In the middle under KERS and DRS)

I use L3, but just make sure the button you choose isn’t associated with a required function. If you can’t back out of the controller menu and save, the function you took away is needed. Unless something has changed since the game came out, KERS needs a button assigned to it.

Also if you haven’t, I’d suggest assigning a button to Cycle Motec LCD (use R2 to get to GAME). Even if you don’t typically use interior or helmet cam, you can still quickly change your view to inside the car and check things that are not displayed on the on screen display such as water/oil temperatures and fuel economy (per lap and overall average). Of course this is car dependent and so far my experience is with the Audi R18 TDI LMP1.

Good luck with your career.👍

Is it possible your game data is corrupt?
I've heard in the PC gaming world if you download a patch or update at the peak of the sever traffic it's possible you can get a bad patch/update.

I deleted my Project Cars data and then reinstall everything again. The bugs and glitches that you mention are gone for me.

Try it along with cleaning your blu ray lens, and the game disc.

A friend of mine couldn't play GT6 online until I finally convinced him to take the disc out and look at it.
After 30 minutes of cleaning his son's the finger prints, he was able to join us.

Do you play other games which may track dust into the PS4?

I've heard in the PC gaming world if you download a patch or update at the peak of the sever traffic it's possible you can get a bad patch/update.

I deleted my Project Cars data and then reinstall everything again. The bugs and glitches that you mention are gone for me.

A friend of mine couldn't play GT6 online until I finally convinced him to take the disc out and look at it.
After 30 minutes of cleaning his son's the finger prints, he was able to join us.

Short answer is NO. He is experiencing what a lot of other players are and we have not all got dirty discs ;-)

The way this game handles memory allocation on the PS4 is dreadful. We only have to look at the number of game crashes we have to confirm this. The general coding and the way it has been ported over from PC is quite frankly a shambles. All of which goes far beyond just a "dirty disc". Also don't forget a lot of PS4 user are on the downloaded electronic version of the game too which basically knocks you dirty disc theory ;-)

In my very long gaming career, first with PC and then with PS1,3 and and now 4, I have NEVER had a game that has crashed this much and this often and had as many bugs as this. What makes it even more frustrating is that this is possibly the best sim I have ever used.

Well darn, I thought my ideas might help or suggest a solution.
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The only issue I've had is the occasional disconnect.

Good Luck guys I feel for you.

Well darn, I thought my ideas might help or suggest a solution.
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The only issue I've had is the occasional disconnect.

Good Luck guys I feel for you.

Your idea is good and this is why I chose to buy the game on disc. It is a lot easier to delete the game and do a fresh install without the long download wait ;-)

BTW out of my little group of friends (about 10) I am the only one still playing PCARS. The rest have just given up because of the problems. I am up to season 23 and have over 220 hours on it so far and yes I have seen a lot of problems that more casual gamer may not have come across or just thought it was a simple one off hiccup.

If you get a chance you could join my gang of racers.
I have two from Australia. We run about 9:30 in the morning Australia central time.

All the details are in the three signatures below.

I also chose the disc.

LATER 👍

If you get a chance you could join my gang of racers.
I have two from Australia. We run about 9:30 in the morning Australia central time.

All the details are in the three signatures below.

I also chose the disc.

LATER 👍

Thank you for the offer. That is 08:00 WST for me and when Summer Time hits the East Coast it is 07:00!!!! My wife already thinks I am a nutcase :-))

I am seriously looking for some "gentlemen racers" as the current online situation is abysmal :-( And I won't even start on my opinions about local heroes on hand controllers who think this is a NFS game :-(

TT92 did you get the Request Pit Stop option mapped to your controller and work the way you wanted?

Thanks for the suggestions.👍

I don’t think the game accesses the disc after I select Project CARS from the Playstation 4 Menu. I mention this because the drive gets quiet after a few minutes and ejects as soon as I select remove disc, unlike the Playstation 3 where it stops the disc then pops out. So I’m not to worried about the disc. Also the disc is scratch and finger print free.

As for the install, no I haven’t deleted it and reinstalled everything. I know they are different games, but I’ve had problems with Gran Turismo 6 like any race at Apricot Hill causing the console to lock up and so did others. After the next update, I never had it again and it was not in the update notes. I doesn’t mean they didn’t fix it, but I would think they would tout “look at what we did, we fixed this and that”. I’ll continue on and if it gets really bad at multiple locations, I’ll give reinstalling a try.

Thinking it over, all my pit stops went fine then I swapped drivers and his stops were fine. Only after I swapped back so I could drive did the “crash” occur. Right at the line when it gives control back to me and the tire indicators turned Green BOOM. Maybe it’s not the track, but and error when switching between autodrive and player drive? I’m not sure, just throwing it out there.

I do play Driveclub and have not experienced anything that ends my race outside my control.

Short answer is NO. He is experiencing what a lot of other players are and we have not all got dirty discs ;-)

The way this game handles memory allocation on the PS4 is dreadful. We only have to look at the number of game crashes we have to confirm this. The general coding and the way it has been ported over from PC is quite frankly a shambles. All of which goes far beyond just a "dirty disc". Also don't forget a lot of PS4 user are on the downloaded electronic version of the game too which basically knocks you dirty disc theory ;-)

In my very long gaming career, first with PC and then with PS1,3 and and now 4, I have NEVER had a game that has crashed this much and this often and had as many bugs as this. What makes it even more frustrating is that this is possibly the best sim I have ever used.

I agree it is the best SIM (and game) I've ever used despite bugs although I've only had two actual crashes in 65 playing hours but obviously some bugs. I guess SMS were perhaps at a stage where it had to be released from a financial point of view. I'm very glad as I have got huge pleasure so far from those 65.

SMS recognise the bugs, they are fixing them as rapidly as possible and tweaking other things at users requests. The open nature of development and communication is certainly different. It is good for the users and clearly it can be quite a task managing from the developer's point of view. I'm much happier contributing bug reports and opinion etc to the developer than my (and many others) apparently ineffective years contributing to the Gran Turismo ideas black hole on here. I think SMS realise the value of the community as long as we communicate with them with the right attitude (which I agree with)

Most of the issues seem to be related to the career mode. From what I've read (I could be wrong) career mode didn't get quite the same amount of testing from the SMS members as the create your own race weekend which is what I've been using along with online. Mostly races up to 40 mins that haven't needed any/many pit stops. I've started career at 100% race length but only scratched the surface in karts so far and haven't encountered a problem there. I guess more fixes will make things more stable for my career so I keep putting it off.

Thank you for the offer. That is 08:00 WST for me and when Summer Time hits the East Coast it is 07:00!!!! My wife already thinks I am a nutcase :-))

I am seriously looking for some "gentlemen racers" as the current online situation is abysmal :-( And I won't even start on my opinions about local heroes on hand controllers who think this is a NFS game :-(

All wives think we're nutcases. It doesn't matter if it's driving pretend race cars around pretend race tracks at odd hours, playing sport, watching sport or collecting stamps :)

Have a look at the online section in the club's and leagues. CRAP pCARS club is in there somewhere (there's also a link in my signature). I'm running something tonight if you're on (don't know what yet. We often have a few late night sessions at weekends which could work for your times (West Coast North America?) Edit: my mistake, we do have a few Australian members too though.

Almost all of our racing occurs in private rooms and we're a good bunch with drivers of all abilities. Feel free to join us.

Like bleeder mentioned, Request Pit Stop is not assigned to a button by default. Here’s how to navigate to the option:

*Options & Help
*Controls
*Vehicle (Use R2)

I use L3, but just make sure the button you choose isn’t associated with a required function. If you can’t back out of the controller menu and save, the function you took away is needed. Unless something has changed since the game came out, KERS needs a button assigned to it.

Also if you haven’t, I’d suggest assigning a button to Cycle Motec LCD (use R2 to get to GAME). Even if you don’t typically use interior or helmet cam, you can still quickly change your view to inside the car and check things that are not displayed on the on screen display such as water/oil temperatures and fuel economy (per lap and overall average). Of course this is car dependent and so far my experience is with the Audi R18 TDI LMP1.

*Options & Help
*Controls
*Vehicle (Use R2)

.👍

Thanks for that it has worked a treat :-)

Now how do I get "B Spec Bob" *NOT* to pit because he has just seen a few drops of rain :-( Doing a 1hr race at the Nordschleife he pitted on 4 (yes four) consecutive laps because I had "DO NOT" change tyres selected to keep him on Soft Slicks on a barely damp track. So I jumped back in and had to battle back to the front again. and yes on slicks because the track was drying.

At least in the GT series you could control pit stops a lot better than this :-(

Thanks for that it has worked a treat :-)

Now how do I get "B Spec Bob" *NOT* to pit because he has just seen a few drops of rain :-( Doing a 1hr race at the Nordschleife he pitted on 4 (yes four) consecutive laps because I had "DO NOT" change tyres selected to keep him on Soft Slicks on a barely damp track. So I jumped back in and had to battle back to the front again. and yes on slicks because the track was drying.

At least in the GT series you could control pit stops a lot better than this :-(

Happy to hear that worked out.

From my experience, as of right now you can’t sadly. The AI uses whatever pit strategy is left to default no matter the conditions, which is silly. I experienced this during my 25 hours of Bathurst Madness endurance. Every other lap he’d stop and I thought the AI got stuck in a cycle to stop. I noticed the stars were missing (and assumed it was cloudy since it was about 1-2am) and edited my pit strategy to wet tires. Boom he was a happy bot. The rain didn’t come for about 30-35 minutes AFTER I got him squared away. So the rain was about an hour out and I didn’t know because I didn’t have access to a weather forecast like they do. Then it started to drizzle and made a random stop and I thought for slicks.... yep. Sure enough the rain stopped completely about 15-20 minutes later. Mind you there was a slight mist coming off the tires, so that was confusing.

It must have something to do with this prediction garbage the AI uses. I don’t like racing against and in this case with psychics and it’s not very real. Either that or the AI is still immune to the weather like tire temperatures. Who knows.

While there wasn't many options, like you said Gran Turismo was a bit smarter in that department. I liked that the game would automatically change to the appropriate tires depending on the weather conditions at the time of the pit stop for the AI. I can’t see why this can’t be implemented or at least have the ability to set a dry and wet strategy to pick from since that’s when the major changes would happen like going from slicks to wets and wets to slicks.

Multiple strategies can happen but will it is the big question.....

On the subject of added things, it would be nice to get a check mark or something on the career calendar for the invitational events that have been completed. I’m lucky I remember my phone number let alone what events I may have completed real weeks ago. (Hey, I don’t call myself very often... yet) Not a biggie, but neat to have.

Happy to hear that worked out.

From my experience, as of right now you can’t sadly. The AI uses whatever pit strategy is left to default no matter the conditions, which is silly. I experienced this during my 25 hours of Bathurst Madness endurance. Every other lap he’d stop and I thought the AI got stuck in a cycle to stop. I noticed the stars were missing (and assumed it was cloudy since it was about 1-2am) and edited my pit strategy to wet tires. Boom he was a happy bot. The rain didn’t come for about 30-35 minutes AFTER I got him squared away. So the rain was about an hour out and I didn’t know because I didn’t have access to a weather forecast like they do. Then it started to drizzle and made a random stop and I thought for slicks.... yep. Sure enough the rain stopped completely about 15-20 minutes later. Mind you there was a slight mist coming off the tires, so that was confusing.

It must have something to do with this prediction garbage the AI uses. I don’t like racing against and in this case with psychics and it’s not very real. Either that or the AI is still immune to the weather like tire temperatures. Who knows.

While there wasn't many options, like you said Gran Turismo was a bit smarter in that department. I liked that the game would automatically change to the appropriate tires depending on the weather conditions at the time of the pit stop for the AI. I can’t see why this can’t be implemented or at least have the ability to set a dry and wet strategy to pick from since that’s when the major changes would happen like going from slicks to wets and wets to slicks.

Multiple strategies can happen but will it is the big question.....

On the subject of added things, it would be nice to get a check mark or something on the career calendar for the invitational events that have been completed. I’m lucky I remember my phone number let alone what events I may have completed real weeks ago. (Hey, I don’t call myself very often... yet) Not a biggie, but neat to have.

Last things first. Here is a list of all the races http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25652-List-of-Career-Accolades-(printable) I used a green highlighter and scrubbed them off as I did them. What is confusing is a lot are nearly the same and I was doing the same ones over until I found this list:-( Also what is a annoying some championships of three had to be done over two seasons so one lot would have to be re-done to progress through the season as you can't skip them I just entered and then retired from races and skipped to end of session. It knocks the affinity around a lot though :-(

The pit strategy in PCARS is just hopeless. All it needs is to be able to set it to tyres by weather (as per main tuning screen) and then the AI would be happy and it could choose what it wants. Because the game locks you into choosing what you think the weather might be it doesn't allow for the AI's psychic ability ;-) And if it sees one drop of rain wants to jump into the pits and fit wets. Whereas the other AI will happily lap on slicks, in the rain at a dry pace :-(

The game is rigged and the AI cheats! If it is not beating you with a tyre advantage it is ramming you off the track or corner cutting to gain an advantage. Or another classic I have had blocked you pit so you can't stop to change tyres and then, after I had done a pit drive through, I could not even complete the next lap on slicks because it was raining and the car just would not steer. I ended up retiring and having to redo that endurance race :-( BTW it was 2 laps from the end on a one hour race :-( It has also occurred at other times as well. There is a little notification that pops up on screen saying "pit box occupied" that is too easy to miss.

Last things first. Here is a list of all the races http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25652-List-of-Career-Accolades-(printable) I used a green highlighter and scrubbed them off as I did them. What is confusing is a lot are nearly the same and I was doing the same ones over until I found this list:-( Also what is a annoying some championships of three had to be done over two seasons so one lot would have to be re-done to progress through the season as you can't skip them I just entered and then retired from races and skipped to end of session. It knocks the affinity around a lot though :-(

The pit strategy in PCARS is just hopeless. All it needs is to be able to set it to tyres by weather (as per main tuning screen) and then the AI would be happy and it could choose what it wants. Because the game locks you into choosing what you think the weather might be it doesn't allow for the AI's psychic ability ;-) And if it sees one drop of rain wants to jump into the pits and fit wets. Whereas the other AI will happily lap on slicks, in the rain at a dry pace :-(

The game is rigged and the AI cheats! If it is not beating you with a tyre advantage it is ramming you off the track or corner cutting to gain an advantage. Or another classic I have had blocked you pit so you can't stop to change tyres and then, after I had done a pit drive through, I could not even complete the next lap on slicks because it was raining and the car just would not steer. I ended up retiring and having to redo that endurance race :-( BTW it was 2 laps from the end on a one hour race :-( It has also occurred at other times as well. There is a little notification that pops up on screen saying "pit box occupied" that is too easy to miss.

Thanks for the link. It will for sure come in handy. I think I got jipped on the LMP3 UK Rookie Cup invitation and silver accolade. I got the gold LMP3 Rookie Euro Championship and that’s it. I’ll have to double check tomorrow.

Since I got the “To Affinity & Beyond” trophy already (did one race of each before starting my career), I’m not to worried about my win/loss. Especially since now it appears qualifying counts as a race that you can’t win. I raced 14 races (2 races per event, 7 events), 7 qualifiers and 7 practices. I had 22 races entered and 15 wins at the end of my season.

The only time I’ve seen the pit occupied warning is when I requested a pit on my last lap. I slowed my pace about half way though my lap to give them time to get the other car out of the pit box. The message did go away so that worked as I hoped. Now I have a habit of requesting a pit even though it says “Unscheduled” and I’m running on fumes. I think, “guys, it’s scheduled believe me”.

I don’t know if rigged is the right word, but for sure the AI gets advantages. In my opinion, this AI feels like the complete opposite of Gran Turismo which is DUH mode. This feels like GOD mode at times. Someone find the middle please. I think Slightly Mad Studios doesn’t want to be compared to other simulators in the AI department being to easy. So they made them perfect in most conditions. Again that is my opinion, though many online videos show they can be a pain.

Thanks for the link. It will for sure come in handy. I think I got jipped on the LMP3 UK Rookie Cup invitation and silver accolade. I got the gold LMP3 Rookie Euro Championship and that’s it. I’ll have to double check tomorrow.

Since I got the “To Affinity & Beyond” trophy already (did one race of each before starting my career), I’m not to worried about my win/loss. Especially since now it appears qualifying counts as a race that you can’t win. I raced 14 races (2 races per event, 7 events), 7 qualifiers and 7 practices. I had 22 races entered and 15 wins at the end of my season.

I don't know if you saw my thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/cant-finish-career-5-races-short.331809/ but I cannot finish the career :-( 3 races are unavailable and 2 invitationals are bugged :-(

So at this point in time I am very unhappy with this game and not being able to finish it. After all the mind numbingly boring rubbish I had to endure (sometimes over and over) I still can't finish it off. Is this a good time to say again I HATE Go-Karts!

With GT5 and GT6 the career was a little too easy and very repetitive so I even did my platinum trophy on my other account as well. Yeah, I got that bored I did it twice. Something that will *NOT* be happening with PCARS.

The career in PCARS is just too hard to make sense of at the start of the game (well it was for me). It was not until I found that list of all races that it made sense and I figured out how it actually worked. And now, at the end stage of my career I find out that it is broken and I can't finish it :-(

I don't know if you saw my thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/cant-finish-career-5-races-short.331809/ but I cannot finish the career :-( 3 races are unavailable and 2 invitationals are bugged :-(

So at this point in time I am very unhappy with this game and not being able to finish it. After all the mind numbingly boring rubbish I had to endure (sometimes over and over) I still can't finish it off. Is this a good time to say again I HATE Go-Karts!

With GT5 and GT6 the career was a little too easy and very repetitive so I even did my platinum trophy on my other account as well. Yeah, I got that bored I did it twice. Something that will *NOT* be happening with PCARS.

The career in PCARS is just too hard to make sense of at the start of the game (well it was for me). It was not until I found that list of all races that it made sense and I figured out how it actually worked. And now, at the end stage of my career I find out that it is broken and I can't finish it :-(

I saw the thread. I’m pretty confident that the three new accolades were not there since day one. I’m guessing update 2.0 added those along with the cars and track for this month (July). I thought there was 108 accolades before 2.0 was installed.

I feel the career in Project CARS seems so long and hard is because of how short and simplistic Gran Turismo 5 and 6 is. If we compare the most recent being 6, then go to Project CARS, it’s defiantly time consuming, which is not a bad thing. The whole point is not to complete the game in a week, then come online and complain it was to short. Thankfully unless the earth explodes or you (not you, you) pass away, it’s always going to be there to complete.

As for the difficulty, I’m not ashamed at all to say I set the AI to 50%, unless it there’s rain then I will lower it because I still feel the AI has hidden assists. Plus I feel at a disadvantage with a controller, like I’m not turning the wheel as I should or have the accuracy I would with a wheel. I know when I got my Driving Force GT, after some getting use to I felt much better and think the same would be applied with Project CARS. Yes, there are races I complete and think "dang 50% was a bit to low" but then there are others only a few seconds separate me from the pack.

Perfect example why I think the AI has the upper hand, I intentionally inched the AI into the grass and wouldn’t you know it, it was like he was on pavement. Going bumper to bumper and smooth as ever. He rubbed against my door, the car magnets activated and he PULLED me into the grass. My car looked like it was at the Olympic games, car dancing and jumping edition. My score would have been a 4/10, I didn’t stick the spinning.

Latest Posts

Back