I'm coming out about something...(serious stuff)

United States
Houston, TX
FireLite MS9600
Okay... here goes nothing...

I'm "trans". I'm no longer comfortable with my current gender. I'm 19, 6'5", 298 lbs, and I don't like the way I look, or the way people see me. I can't see myself being happy the way I am now. I really can't see myself as a man now; it makes me feel weak and useless.

I'll write more as soon as this gets a reply...

Whoa.... Maybe trying working out to lose some weight? The gym can be pretty therapeutic, get your testosterone levels up

^
Agreed. Not liking yourself the way you are is one thing, but I woouldn't necessarily take that as a hint that you're necessarily trans. Not to look down on that, not at all, it's just a massive step and I'd say that, for someone who's still relatively young, it'd be a better course of action to start working on the body and looks in a more basic fashion, first.

I mean, maybe it's not about disliking to be a guy. It might be just about not liking the way your body is now.

I'm not so sure this is the place to express this. I'd seek out counseling of some sort and talk it out with them. Otherwise your going to get answers like go to a bar or it's for attention...

As was said it's one thing to not like how you look. It's an entirely other thing to go as far as your taking it and without talking in person its incredibly difficult to know. I'd definitely seek professional help though and they are amazing at getting you to realize things you'd never thought of before.

Like others said too, exercise may be a good place to start. It's amazing how much better you can feel about yourself when you do something like just going for a run.

If the intent was to grab attention and start a debate, it might have just worked.

What did you expect? Talk to some close friends, your family members and so on. They ought to know you far better than we do.

That said, I stand by what I said earlier. It's no suprise you don't feel well in your body if you're in bad health.

I knew this crap would happen...

Well, this is the internet after all, so I wouldn't be too surprised or disheartened by a few unhelpful or negative comments. That said, I would urge anyone who wishes to contribute to this thread to stay on topic and not to attempt to derail the thread unnecessarily.

I agree with Luminis and CMvan46, though - it's a good idea to seek some proper advice, not just from friends or family, but from people who really know what they are talking about. I am sure that there must be support groups you could contact, and seeking advice from a counsellor or even your doctor might not be a bad idea.

If that's the way you want to be, then so be it! Be who you want to be, not somebody you're not.

Ahwell, might as well bring some experience into the thread.

My girlfriend has a friend who is a transgender. Born hermafrodite, lived as a girlieboy untill she was 11 or 12, lived as a girl from 11/12 untill she was 21, and then became full woman.

I can tell you one thing. Be prepared to be a single for a long, long time. Men your age don't want to bring a transgender to mom and dad. You'll be better of as a gay or in your current state, untill you are in your mid-late 30's, when men don't need/want kids anymore.

And as for the weight. Start eating healthy, and start with a sport.

Tom
If that's the way you want to be, then so be it! Be who you want to be, not somebody you're not.
I agree with that.

The tricky part is to actually know what you want and who you are, though. In my opinion, at least. Well, I, for one, wasn't really able to make up my mind about a lot of things at the age of 19. You may be out of puberty, but you don't really start to gather experience until you've lived on your own for a while, at least.

Maybe I'm just to careful about some things, I don't know, but I'd rather not jump the gun on this one. It's not exactly a decision that should be made just like that and making sure that it's the actual gender that is what's causing the bad feeling should be the first thing to do, really. Losing a few lbs, getting a tan, a new hair cut and some new clothes might be all the change you need to feel better about yourself and make people look at you differently.

This might come off as an insult, which it isn't supposed to, but... I mean, what about a girlfriend? Any relationships lately? I'd say that that kind of experience should also be valued. Or, to be blunt... You don't really know what being a man feels like (and whether you like it) until you've done a nice chick or two.

The real question is when did you decide you weren't comfortable being male. This isn't something people just wake up one day and feel, so might want to elaborate on it more.

Also, you might want to consider how you word things, because it is a very attention getting format you've used that honestly leads one to questioning your motives.

I find ladyboys make for pleasant company. Being trans-gender is nothing new these days, I feel. Perhaps it's your country/ society that attaches stigma to the issue.

I know from first hand experience that in Thailand it's considered almost the norm for most people to question their gender and a lot of them proceed to have a gender swap, either just cross dressing or going the full way and having the ops.

I wouldn't let it get you down. Just seek some advice from others in the same boat.

I'd love to be a woman myself but I like my manhood, rough-housing and swearing too much to change. Plus I'd look weird with boobs.

Good luck!

Your decision, I'm just posting to let you know that it's okay with me, but not everyone will be okay with it. I imagine it would make things worse for a very long time, however it could get a lot better in the end. That said, I don't personally know anyone who feels this way so my advice probably isn't the greatest, sorry.

And I am a bit suspicious that other then this thread, you haven't posted on GTP since October, but whatever.

Back