Im fed up!!!!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nathanisking
  • 25 comments
  • 900 views
Messages
108
All I can say is what happened to todays music! Its all crap! In the last 10 years nothing good has come out. Well theres the Darkness but thats it. Rap is very annoying and nothing is original anymore. Everything now is overdubbed and all that crap. Also this nu metal bull**** I hate it its taken music to a new low.

The olden days of Led Zeppelin and AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix and the only band who truly is good in 10 years is the Darkness. Like pop punk everyone thinks its all good I hate it.

In conculsion i say alot of people have very crappy taste in music and I dont give a **** what anyone says because music today has gone ****ty.
 
Ever listened to a They Might Be Giants album?
 
Originally posted by Nathanisking
All I can say is what happened to todays music! Its all crap! In the last 10 years nothing good has come out. Well theres the Darkness but thats it. Rap is very annoying and nothing is original anymore. Everything now is overdubbed and all that crap. Also this nu metal bull**** I hate it its taken music to a new low.

The olden days of Led Zeppelin and AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix and the only band who truly is good in 10 years is the Darkness. Like pop punk everyone thinks its all good I hate it.

In conculsion i say alot of people have very crappy taste in music and I dont give a **** what anyone says because music today has gone ****ty.

Hey, I agree with you to a certain extent. I wouldnt say 10 years, maybe 5 at the most, and there is good stuff out there, you just have to find it now. Anyways with the oversaturation or Hip-Pop every where, I find comfort in EDM (electronic dance music), live trance sets in general.
 
Let me get this straight. The Darkness is great, yet nothing is original anymore?

Music today is ****ty. There has been ****ty music since man discovered how to make music. You just have more access to music today, so you hear more bad music.

Great music of the past ten years:

12 Stones
A Perfect Circle
Beck
Death Cab for Cutie
Dream Theater
Interpol
Mars Volta
A Tribe Called Quest
Alice In Chains
Aesop Rock
Anticon
Atmosphere
Blur
Coldplay
Radiohead
Tool
Deftones
Deltron 3030
Dilated Peoples
DJ Shadow
Dntel
Faith No More
Fear Factory
Junior Brown
Jane's Addiction
Jurassic 5
KMFDM
Latyrx
Live
Massive Attack
Morphine
Mr. Bungle
My Bloody Valentine
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Oasis
Pearl Jam
Pixies
Postal Service
Rage Against The Machine
The Rapture
The Shins
The Smashing Pumpkins
Sigur Ros
Soul Coughing
Stone Roses
Stone Temple Pilots
They Might Be Giants (been around since early 80s, but they've made fantastic music the past 10.)
U2
VAST
Ween
Weezer

Plus hundreds more. I'd list more, but I don't have the next few hours to list music for you.

In conclusion, the Darkness are the ****tiest band of the last ten years. This list include MC Hammer and Creed.
 
Yeah, I hav e to go with Klos on this one. And, I have to add Man... or Astroman? to his list.

If you think The Darkness is the only good band in the last 10 years, then I agree, you'll probably hate everything else. But it won't be everything else's fault.
 
He must be talking about radio music, which does all suck.
 
Originally posted by Nathanisking
All I can say is what happened to todays music! Its all crap! In the last 10 years nothing good has come out. Well theres the Darkness but thats it.

That really did make me laugh.
 
Like I said before I dont care what peopel think its my opinion.
Anyways what I mean is people dont have good taste in music like they did before

What I meant by the 10 yrs thing, I know there were good bands other than the Darkness but thats my preference of music, not very one likes U2 or Radio head.

But seriously, toady music doesnt deliver as it did back in the 1960s and 70s the 80s were awesome too but things got bad fast.

the originality thing I meant was that its always metal or pop punk or rap thats it nothing different. Think about it same thing over and over
 
try checking out Symphony X (prog-metal), DJ Shadow, Last Emperor, The Roots, etc, etc...
The same thing over and over crap ur talking about is almost entirely radio music...
 
Man screw you. Who are you to tell me what is good music? Don't just come in here baseless judging our tastes in various genres. You're a hypocrite. You come in here telling others that you don't care about our opinions, yet you say that we have no taste in music, so you won't listen to our rebuttles? You need to go sit in the corner, this is disgraceful to everyone in this forum.

True not everyone shares your distaste of current pop music (I included I think pop music is garbage today, but it was yester-year and farther back as well) but like others have said in this thread. There's been garbage music around since, forever. It's always going to be like this, a perpetual cycle.

You need to expand your horizons. I too like the oldies, but I like new music too, I had to look around to find it but it's not hard. If you don't like 'NU metal' don't listen to it. If you don't like Hip-Hop don't listen to it. But don't come in here making trite, trolling comments to try and delve up a flame war to feed your own pleasure out of other peoples "lack of music taste."

Also guys you forgot Aphex Twin, on that list.
 
Originally posted by Nathanisking
Like I said before I dont care what peopel think its my opinion.
Anyways what I mean is people dont have good taste in music like they did before

What I meant by the 10 yrs thing, I know there were good bands other than the Darkness but thats my preference of music, not very one likes U2 or Radio head.

But seriously, toady music doesnt deliver as it did back in the 1960s and 70s the 80s were awesome too but things got bad fast.

the originality thing I meant was that its always metal or pop punk or rap thats it nothing different. Think about it same thing over and over

I don't think you could be more wrong. There are more good bands today than there were at any point in history. It only makes sense because there are more bands. Originality didn't die in 1989. There are more genres than pop, metal, punk, and rap. You should open your ears.

What kind of music do you like? I assume terrible, because you mentioned the Darkness then you suggested you don't like U2 or Radiohead.

Right now I am being forced to listen to Evanescence because my 14 year old sister has absolutely no taste in music. I bet she'll listen to 50 Cent or Usher or some other vile piece of noise next.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Yeah, I hav e to go with Klos on this one. And, I have to add Man... or Astroman? to his list.

If you think The Darkness is the only good band in the last 10 years, then I agree, you'll probably hate everything else. But it won't be everything else's fault.

Yes!! I was wondering if anyone else liked them
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Let me get this straight. The Darkness is great, yet nothing is original anymore?

Music today is ****ty. There has been ****ty music since man discovered how to make music. You just have more access to music today, so you hear more bad music.

Great music of the past ten years:

12 Stones
A Perfect Circle
Beck
Death Cab for Cutie
Dream Theater
Interpol
Mars Volta
A Tribe Called Quest
Alice In Chains
Aesop Rock
Anticon
Atmosphere
Blur
Coldplay
Radiohead
Tool
Deftones
Deltron 3030
Dilated Peoples
DJ Shadow
Dntel
Faith No More
Fear Factory
Junior Brown
Jane's Addiction
Jurassic 5
KMFDM
Latyrx
Live
Massive Attack
Morphine
Mr. Bungle
My Bloody Valentine
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Oasis
Pearl Jam
Pixies
Postal Service
Rage Against The Machine
The Rapture
The Shins
The Smashing Pumpkins
Sigur Ros
Soul Coughing
Stone Roses
Stone Temple Pilots
They Might Be Giants (been around since early 80s, but they've made fantastic music the past 10.)
U2
VAST
Ween
Weezer

Plus hundreds more. I'd list more, but I don't have the next few hours to list music for you.

In conclusion, the Darkness are the ****tiest band of the last ten years. This list include MC Hammer and Creed.

Nice list, I'm with Klos on this one.........

Also guys you forgot Aphex Twin, on that list

Agreed. Also:

Squarepusher
Orbital
Underworld
Air
Josh Wink
Lamb of God
Mudvayne
Otep
Meshuggah


;)
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I don't think you could be more wrong. There are more good bands today than there were at any point in history. It only makes sense because there are more bands. Originality didn't die in 1989. There are more genres than pop, metal, punk, and rap. You should open your ears.

What kind of music do you like? I assume terrible, because you mentioned the Darkness then you suggested you don't like U2 or Radiohead.

Right now I am being forced to listen to Evanescence because my 14 year old sister has absolutely no taste in music. I bet she'll listen to 50 Cent or Usher or some other vile piece of noise next.

Full agreement....

Evanescence 👎
The Darkness 👎
50 Cent 👎
Usher 👎

Everyone is always whining about how bad music is nowadays. Yet everyone relies on MTV, and the hit local radio station, to hear music, and find out about new bands. If you want to find good music, you need to search, and not rely on mainstream media. There are plenty of good bands out there, but your not going to find most of it on your television, or even on the radio..... ;)
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I don't think you could be more wrong. There are more good bands today than there were at any point in history. It only makes sense because there are more bands. Originality didn't die in 1989. There are more genres than pop, metal, punk, and rap. You should open your ears.

What kind of music do you like? I assume terrible, because you mentioned the Darkness then you suggested you don't like U2 or Radiohead.

Right now I am being forced to listen to Evanescence because my 14 year old sister has absolutely no taste in music. I bet she'll listen to 50 Cent or Usher or some other vile piece of noise next.

Put Cradle in CD player so when she goes to play she'll get the hell freaked out of her. I'd do it.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Right now I am being forced to listen to Evanescence because my 14 year old sister has absolutely no taste in music. I bet she'll listen to 50 Cent or Usher or some other vile piece of noise next.


Light her stereo on fire.
 
The only show on MTV that is worth watching is Advance Warning. They've actually turned me onto a couple bands. One of them being Death Cab for Cutie.

They're a little slow in finding bands, but it's alright.
 
Originally posted by Nathanisking
But seriously, toady music doesnt deliver as it did back in the 1960s and 70s the 80s were awesome too but things got bad fast.
Payola (where major labels pay the radio to play songs) wasn't popular back then, so more artists got aired on the radio. Now that payola has really taken off, non-mainstream artists are lucky to get aired on the radio. That is why you don't hear as many good bands these days on the radio, MTV, etc...

Originally posted by silviadrifter
Everyone is always whining about how bad music is nowadays. Yet everyone relies on MTV, and the hit local radio station, to hear music, and find out about new bands. If you want to find good music, you need to search, and not rely on mainstream media. There are plenty of good bands out there, but your not going to find most of it on your television, or even on the radio.....;)
We only have Channel [V] over here, so I don't know about MTV. But anyway, I only watch the request shows. Occassionally someone will request something out of the ordinary. I must admit though, the Mute button gets used awefully heaps...
 
We have a Canadian TV station here, called "Fuse" (formerlly Much Music). There is a show called Uranium that plays some good metal sometimes, and they play more diverse bands......

Mtv 2 plays some cool stuff sometimes, but I think it's slowly turning into regular Mtv....;)
 
I like Klos's list, but I would add Black Lable Society and Gov'n Mule to it.

Who were the band who had the song, "Hate to say I told you so" a few years back? They sounded good on radio, but lousy when they were on TV.

Oh, wait. They were the Hives, from Sweden. I liked their song " Main Offender as well. It's too bad they didn't go anywhere. I thought they had potential.
 
The Hives didn't go anywhere? What planet are you on, man?
I saw a band called The Ordinary Boys at The Joiners Arms in Southampton few weeks ago, really catchy stuff.
Great venue. A bit rough, especially at Pompey-Southampton 'soccer' football derbies, but a great place to go.
If you want great music, you need to see bands live at an 'intimate' venue.
 
Yes, the Hives haven't gone anywhere since their first album. I haven't heard anything else from them, so what happened to them?
 
YAY!!! Klos likes Death Cab for Cutie!!!!! he rules, you know. one of the best bands around, and to the list I would have to add The Flaming Lips, Wilco, The seatbelts, The Disco Biscuits, Afrocelt Sound System, And you will know us by the trail of dead, BELLE AND SEBASTIAN, The pillows... well, as Klos said, the list could go ON and ON. Music has never been better that it is today. to the idiot who made this **** of a thread: you suck. stop watching MTV and looks for music. old or new. or, what's better. dont listen to anything at all and sit in the corner, just like Hyperglyde said.

Cano
 
Originally posted by Cano
YAY!!! Klos likes Death Cab for Cutie!!!!! he rules, you know. one of the best bands around, and to the list I would have to add The Flaming Lips, Wilco, The seatbelts, The Disco Biscuits, Afrocelt Sound System, And you will know us by the trail of dead, BELLE AND SEBASTIAN, The pillows... well, as Klos said, the list could go ON and ON. Music has never been better that it is today. to the idiot who made this **** of a thread: you suck. stop watching MTV and looks for music. old or new. or, what's better. dont listen to anything at all and sit in the corner, just like Hyperglyde said.

Cano
Finaly, someone else who has heard of Afro Celt Soundsystem. They are an absolutely brilliant band, melding many styles of music together.👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

;)
 
Originally posted by Cano
YAY!!! Klos likes Death Cab for Cutie!!!!! he rules, you know. one of the best bands around, and to the list I would have to add The Flaming Lips, Wilco, The seatbelts, The Disco Biscuits, Afrocelt Sound System, And you will know us by the trail of dead, BELLE AND SEBASTIAN, The pillows... well, as Klos said, the list could go ON and ON. Music has never been better that it is today. to the idiot who made this **** of a thread: you suck. stop watching MTV and looks for music. old or new. or, what's better. dont listen to anything at all and sit in the corner, just like Hyperglyde said.

Cano
Don't forget Papas Fritas in that list.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Don't forget Papas Fritas in that list.

noooow that name just makes me go and search for some of that! never listened to 'em but I certainly will, thanks Neon!

Cano
 
Back