I'm finally losing interest in GT5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
68
Or to be more accurate I'm being put off by the oppressive "you will play the game the way we want you to play or not at all" attitude of PD.

Why shouldn't we gift expensive cars to each other? It's not harming anyone.
It's not spoiling anyone elses enjoyment of the game but it certainly spoils mine if I can't get the cars I want to drive.

I've been playing this game since day 1 and I currently have just over 11 million credits. In order to make the extra money I need to buy just one car that I want (the Miura) I would have to grind Indy 57 times. Yeah, like that's going to happen.

What is it with Japanese game companies that makes them think that a game should be reduced to a boring grind just so they can say that it has x hours of gameplay?
 
Oh look, another trading thread.

In order to make the extra money I need to buy just one car that I want (the Miura) I would have to grind Indy 57 times.?

No you don't.
 
Dozens of threads like this already. Contribute to one of them instead of starting another
 
Thanks for sharing.
 
I have sort of call of duty (new maps) and killzone3 is calling me haha
 
Can one of the mods delete or lock this thread? The people with the urge to share this boorish theme should stop littering the main GT5 with their drama.
 
I'm finally losing interest in GTPlanet.

It's getting very hard to consider this a serious community when 95% of the people spend their time whinging.

Seriously, if you don't like it, there are other threads.
 
I'm finally losing interest in GTPlanet.

It's getting very hard to consider this a serious community when 95% of the people spend their time whinging.

Seriously, if you don't like it, there are other threads.
I suggest to take up your own advice and leave the GT5 forum and start reading other sub forums on GTP.

I just wanted to say, stay, don't leave GTP. GTP has got a lot more to offer.

For the OP. Stop playing GT5 for a while. You will get interested again. It's just a matter of time.
 
Or to be more accurate I'm being put off by the oppressive "you will play the game the way we want you to play or not at all" attitude of PD.

Why shouldn't we gift expensive cars to each other? It's not harming anyone.
It's not spoiling anyone elses enjoyment of the game but it certainly spoils mine if I can't get the cars I want to drive.

I've been playing this game since day 1 and I currently have just over 11 million credits. In order to make the extra money I need to buy just one car that I want (the Miura) I would have to grind Indy 57 times. Yeah, like that's going to happen.

What is it with Japanese game companies that makes them think that a game should be reduced to a boring grind just so they can say that it has x hours of gameplay?

It's what developers do when they know their game is shallow, try to artificially prolong it in any way possible so that reviewers don't give it a hammering for being too short. Some game developers actually make an outstanding online experience to compensate for a poor single player mode (see most first person shooters), GT5 doesn't, it just uses cheap tricks.
 
Excellent post by the OP because this is why I stopped playing GT5. For me playing video games is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby but unfortunately the fun factor is missing from GT5. I don't see anything enjoyable about grinding and collecting.

Like i've said in many posts the gameplay in GT5 is outdated. Other racing titles like TDU 2, Forza 2/3 have shown what can be done with racing titles and are much more modern compared to GT5.

GT5 might have excellent physics, graphics but the boring, outdated gameplay ruins the game. I think its time PD/Kaz start looking at other racing franchises so they can bring the GT series into 2011 rather than being stuck in a timewarp back in the 1990s.
 
All it needs is better a-spec and some tweaked ai and racing rules.. oh, and many, many, many more interesting race events and championships. It would be a lot more fun to play through then..

Some online race events like GT5p had with leaderboards and matchmaking would be fun too. It's a great driving sim, we just need more races and a "game" part to play.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back