I'm having some serious second thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,394
United States
Lost in thought.
Messages
GTP_crimson
(mods please move to an appropriate place if this isn't the right one)

**sorry for the long-winded rant, but it needs to be said**

I, like many here at GTP have been waiting for GT5 forever now it seems, and now it's been released. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I haven't had the finances to pick my CE up yet...so I've had a couple days to sit back & think about what I'm about to do.

I've seen the game, played all the predecessors & as of right now, I'm not 100% convinced that I want to spend the cash for a PS3 and Gt5.

It's got piles of short-comings that I knew were a realistic possibility (but honestly didn't think PD would let slip out for a final product.) I can understand some of the reasoning behind SOME of the foul ups. 200 premiums? That's fine, that's an entire MESS of man hours dealing with making cars that incredibly pretty. But 800 cars you CANT CHANGE THE WHEELS ON? What the heck is that?! Gt3, Gt4 (maybe Gt2?) had that option! That's regressing BACK TO PS1 days! (pardon me if I'm wrong, but all I've read is that you can't.)

I can understand that weather & the poly-count increase on tracks has numbered total tracks as of right now, which is a possible patching fix in the future..but they omit Test Course & Midfield--2 tracks that have been in the series since day 1?!

..it's almost humorous..major glaring issues (possibly forced into play by sony, but shouldn't even be there because they dip under previous generation games standards?)

My main concern here is for the vets that have been here with me since forever--the ones that have waited for the shortcomings to be not overseen, but fixed--the ones who've experienced the 'progression' that the Gt franchise has given us...is a game like GT5 worth it over Forza?--with fraction of the customization that Forza has, a fraction of the 'cool cars' that Forza has (dont give me the bloated carlist speech, i've seen it, again, too much Nissans [the same gripe in GT4 btw]) better damage models imo & all around more 'alive' feeling game that is Forza....

I've played through & beat every GT I've had my hands on...loving every turn...I was the anti-forza fanboy when x-box came out. Defended GT & all it's flaws because it was a better game then. I can't afford to be disappointed in a game I've waited so long for. Should I just get an Xbox instead? Is GT no longer the better game?
 
(mods please move to an appropriate place if this isn't the right one)
This phrase really really annoys me. No, I'm not moving it. You post it in the right place to start with. It's not rocket science.

Is this a question? No.

Are you looking for an answer? No.

Then why post in the question and answer forum? :dunce:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back