I'm Jazzed and Bummed...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gil
  • 39 comments
  • 1,842 views
Gil let me share a little piece of advice with you that a wise man told me in a pub while I was in Oxford.

"You could wake up tomorrow and be dead, do what makes you happy now since before you know it your life will be over."

If you can afford it, I'd look at getting one especially if it's something you want .

But with the tires, couldn't you just get a good set of all-seasons? I have Michellin Hydroedge tires on my Blazer and they work great in the snow and rain (it's Michigan we get a lot of both) and they provide good grip in the summer when it's hot and dry. Also I've put about 35,000 miles on them and they are still good to go probably another 25,000 at least, if not more. Just go one www.tirerack.com and they have customer reviews and a rating system on performance in different conditions.
 
"You could wake up tomorrow and be dead,

If you were to wake up tomorrow, wouldn't that suggest life?

Which reminds me of a saying of mine...

There are no wise men in pubs.

:D
 
:lol: Good point.
 
I'm well aware of all that. In fact I'm kind of counting on it.
See, I haven't been well lately. I'm hoping that as we look for cars for my two kids that are graduating from high school, we can get me a car, and give my Toyota to one of them, and then get a car for the other...
See, where this is going?:D
 
You haven't been well? Well you know the best thing to cure anything is a healthy does of power from your new G35 right?

In all serious though I hope everything is alright with you, and come on after raising the family you have (I seem to remember you saying you had quite a few kids) you deserve a nice car as a reward. Come on I can justify anything :D.
 
As I recall, you used to have a habit of picking up all kinds of nifty cars for cheep.
I ought to take you shopping with. I don't think we'll pull down two cars for $100 bucks though.:lol: (old guys have long memories.)
I'm thinking of trying the government auction thing.
However, I'd feel compelled to take the thing down to the K-9 unit to have the dogs sniff over the car so that IF I get pulled for DWB, in a pimpin' ride, the cops don't find anything "interesting" left behind from the previous owner.:lol:
As for my health, I spent almost a week in the hospital, having various indignities forced upon me, crappy food being the most memorable. (How can mashed potatoes with gravy have absolutely NO flavor?)
The docs, and I had quite the collection, could not figure out what's wrong.
We're trying something new.
If it works, hooray!!
If not, well we try something else.
And luckily, my profession allows me to ask intelligent questions, and be a general PITA if I need to.:lol:
 
Okay, Update:
I did another hospital stay over Christmas vacation for a small-bowel obstruction.
If you've never had one, I pray you never do.
The pain was intense.
When I finally gave in to the pain and went to the ER, I had a tube stuffed up my nose and into my gut to pump out the nasties, and rest my bowel.
For all you wags, I was indeed full of ****.:lol:

That seems to have taken care of many of my other problems, and I'm feeling a good bit better most of the time.

I still don't have the G35.
I have decided the G35x is the car for me. Meets my wife's idea for "utility" with 4 doors, and AWD, and my need for creature comforts and power.
However, I won't likely get one until I win the lottery.
That won't happen till I start buying tickets, which I am loathe to do.

Some of you know that we have become a Mazda family.
This time I was smart enough to help my wife pick out a car I really liked.
I figure, the next "new" car will also go to her. (house rules)
Then I will be in her current new car, and I won't hate it.
Thankfully, it has the most important creature comfort on my list. (6 disc cd changer)
 
If financially able, I'd buy it. You never have buyers' remorse over something you're passionate about (unless you can't afford it). And, you only live once. I've driven G35s and the drive alone is justification of purchase. Spectacular vehicles.

I'm in complete and utter agreement with M5 on this one. All Nissan bias aside, the G is just a spectacular driving experience in saloon or coupe form. Honestly, it is epic brilliance. If I could afford the $500/mo payments I'd be driving one right now.
 
Gil
Shob,
I haven't let the dream die...however,
I've read a lot of reviews about G's being really hard on tires? Like 8-12,000 mile life max... This would be about 9 months for me. I can't afford $800 every 9-10 months for tires.
Pretty much this has been the ones with the sport tuned suspension, and the 19-inch wheels.
How often are you going thru tires? What size are on your car? I hear the 17's are a good bit better, and my colleague with a G35 didn't mention accellerated tire wear.
Do you have a dedicated set for winter inclement weather?

Never followed up, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with responding now :D

Yeah, it can be really hard on tires, but it's mostly how much you thrash it. I beat on my G much more than I should, and I get about 8-9k from them. Consequently, I also don't go around buying expensive tires though either. I'm sporting 17x7s from the Sport/Aero package from the factory. The whole car is stock. Living in Houston, my winter needs when it comes to a car probably wouldn't fit the bill for you. I just drive a bit slower in the cold rain :)

It should be hitting 110k on the odo in the next week or so, and it's been mechanically amazing. There are a couple tiny mechanical annoyances that it has, but nothing worth complaining about or fixing.
 
Back