Im new

• Thread starter Aperez
  • 15 comments
Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic
I just started playing GTR7 I'm on the part of Suzuka I must run in gr.3 I enter with the GTR 35 2018 I can not surpass anyone, everyone beats me, I do not know what to do the PP should be at 730 maximum and I have it at 728.88 and I do not win anyone, some help.

I...don't know what to make of this.

A little more context would help. You said you're new, so maybe turn down the difficulty if nothing else works?

Other than that, practice.

I do not know if it is a transmission tune up or some setting of the vehicle in general
What exactly do you mean?

You never need to set up a car for any event in order to win. It all boils down to skill, and car choice.

Mmmm ok, ill buy another car and chek
Don't buy another car just because you're not winning, or, in this case, overtaking anyone (?) A change of car isn't a magic wand that makes a dramatic difference.

As I said, the other factor is skill. So far, we know nothing about how exactly your races went. The fact you're new tells me you just have some practicing to do. That, and lowering the difficulty.

Last edited:
In Gran Turismo Sport I race and win without problem but in this GTR7 the races that with GT GR.3 cups I only pass in the first corner, then everyone leaves me behind and I never reach them

Firstly do the Suzuka circuit experience, try and pass it bronze is cool and above AI pace.

Next change the the AI difficulty to the lowest setting. No one judges anyone on being a hero for beating computer cars here.

Next experiment with some different cars, on a lower difficulty setting and doing the circuit experience (go to the track in the Asia area and it's on the bottom menu with time trial and arcade races, bonus you get a lot of money doing them!)

You won't need to worry about tuning to beat the AI if you lower the difficulty and learn the track a bit better. You can use almost any GR3 car to do it.

It's about practicing a little bit as Suzuka is a technical track from the first S section to the "spoon" corner these are pivotal in getting good lap times and where you can really beat the AI and win. Also out break them in to the hairpin when you figure out the right line ;) good luck bud.

In Gran Turismo Sport I race and win without problem but in this GTR7 the races that with GT GR.3 cups I only pass in the first corner, then everyone leaves me behind and I never reach them
Now, this is not possible. You make it sound as if Sport was an easy arcade game while GT7 was a hardcore simulator with a challenging AI.

Last edited:
Now, this is not possible. You make it sound as if Sport was an easy arcade game while GT7 was a hardcore simulator with a challenging AI.
The AI for the WTC and chilli events has moved on a bit.

What I think the real thing here is that this particular race has strategy in it for the AI so they run away at the start on softs or RMs and do that weird slow down rubber banding thing at the end.

People see a 20s gap and think it's all over when in reality it's a placebo to encourage racing.

The AI isn't better but the way it goes about its business is a bit different in 7 over sport.

If you cant beat AI with the same category of cars they use (Gr3 cars in this case), there is only 2 options:
1. It is Sophy with no holding back.
2. It is an issue of not enough practice.

For this particular race, choose soft racing tyres, reduce power to 96 and you are at 729pp
With that setup you propably can reach first position after lap 2.

Sounds like you are trying to win the Gr.3 Cup race. This is a chilli race (it has a chilli level on the entry screen?). if yo this is the case, this race doesn’t need to be completed to progress in the game so I’d skip it until you are more experienced and come back to it

Sophy isn't in the game
I know you know, especially talking about existing standard solo play events.
So there is only option 2 left which is in support of what you already mentioned before.
Though the race allows tuning and when simply changing to soft tyres, PP is higher than allowed, which is why I added a slight hint of what can be changed (assuming the OP is propably either running stock settings or trying his own setup to no success).

Last edited:
I know you know, especially not for any existing standard solo play event.
So there is only option 2 left which is in support of what you already mentioned before.
Though the race allows tuning and when simply changing to soft tyres, PP is higher than allowed, which is why I added a slight hint of what can be changed (assuming the OP is propably either running stock settings or trying his own setup to no success).
Learn the circuit, lower the the AI and stop watching first lap deltas and be consistent in your lap times.

This is not rocket science, it's a game with rubber banding built in to it.

You don't need tuning if you are using the same class of car as the AI which is Gr specified in this one.

You just need to lap a fraction better consistently.

I had quite a bit of trouble clearing the chilli races so it’s not an uncommon issue. I used the GT300 BRZ and I think I just had to increase the rear downforce to get the right PP and I was able to win. You don’t unlock anything by completing them and the payout isn’t great by any means either so just skip it until later which is exactly what I did.

Back