Im really battling with S Races.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rickster
  • 13 comments
  • 1,090 views
Messages
67
South Africa
Johannesburg
Messages
Fudgeandricky
Hi all, as the title suggests im really really struggling with these set of races, compared to the previous licence the AI are just incredibly quick and the handling of the cars feels very very different.

And the fuel consumption is a joke, 2 laps with a Pagani Huayra and its running low on fuel (fully tuned).

What cars do you guys recommend, ive tried everything. Or maybe its my driving style thats making me loose.

DS3 user BTW

Thanks
-R
 
Hi all, as the title suggests im really really struggling with these set of races, compared to the previous licence the AI are just incredibly quick and the handling of the cars feels very very different.

And the fuel consumption is a joke, 2 laps with a Pagani Huayra and its running low on fuel (fully tuned).

What cars do you guys recommend, ive tried everything. Or maybe its my driving style thats making me loose.

DS3 user BTW

Thanks
-R

What race are you running? The Huayra fully modded does not seem like a good choice for any of them.

Lots of cars will do fine in the Willow Springs race, I even managed to win it with a 450pp MX5. Easy in a stock Rocket with SS tires on it.
I used the Audi R8 LMP in the Spa, Lemans races, Mercedes CLK Touring car in the Nurburgring race, RX7 LM race car in Autumn ring, Suzuka and Brands Hatch

Ford GT LM SpecII at Silverstone, Ford GT '06 at Ascari and Willow, Silverstone was the only one that was a challenge
 
I agree with HBR. The Huayra might not be a good choice. You would be better choosing a car that is more fitted for handling, stability and going fast. For example, if it's Willow, try it with a Viper ACR. Just do the weight reduction 3, sports muffler (for cool authentic Viper sound!), put the sport soft suspension and sport soft tires. You'll beat everyone easily.

For the GT class races, try the Corvette ZR1 RM. Won't disappoint you at all. Silverstone will be tough though. LMP's or Group C's, go with the Peugeot 908 FAP. Still one of the best in its class.

Again, I don't know which are the ones you're having trouble with, but these are the ones that came to my mind as the trickiest.
 
I used McLaren MP4 for Willow and Ascari, the rest I don't remember.

Or if you want to "cheat", try the Red Bull Jr., if this hasn't been adressed in the latest update.
 
I Used ACR viper withsport exhaust
For both normal car. Handles good.
On willow push hard for first 4 laps. Back off alil for last 4. Not to wear tires. Worse on second stint


I used nismo gt3 and the Audi r8 for the rest.

bet you'd do fine in gtr r35 TC for gt type runs. Lm prototype car. Thats up to you as all can win.

Havent used the rocket car but all that have said no pits and sure win. Maybe hard on LaSarthe
 
Last edited:
I highly reccomend the McLaren MP4 for the non race car events as well... as long as 1.04 hasn't hosed the handling.
 
for pretty much every stock car race, use the rocket. i havent done brands hatch or apricot hill, but for 24 le mans, the deltawing has great fuel economy.
 
I highly recommend the McLaren MP4 for the non race car events as well... as long as 1.04 hasn't hosed the handling.

This MP4, was it tuned for fully stock?
 
I used the Enzo Ferrari for the road car events, struggled with the willow springs race as I was only just faster over a single lap than the McLaren F1 '94, which starts with a healthy lead...

The Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car was ace for most of the races, would have done a majority of the races if I didn't choose a SuperGT and GT3 car for respective races to suit AI. I bought a Nissan R92CP for the Le Mans car races, I do have a healthy war chest so I treated myself!
 
I used the rocket at willow springs with no pits and the '70 challenger race car at Nurburgring with no pits. 'No pits' gets it done but it is kind of boring when you don't really do battle with the other lead cars as you pass most of the AI cars while they're pitting.
 
for pretty much every stock car race, use the rocket. i havent done brands hatch or apricot hill, but for 24 le mans, the deltawing has great fuel economy.

I've used the Rocket for pretty much everything also, with the exception of the R18 TDI for Spa and the other 750pp races. I only have the 24min of Le Mans left in S class. Which Deltawing did you use, the black or chrome one?
 
Done Willow Springs in multiple cars and found light cars in the 480-520 PP range are the way to go for both fuel and tyre economy.
 
Back