I'm so sad (GT3)

United States
United States
Gran Turismo 3 killed the Escudo experience for me. I bought the max turbo kit to boost it to 1738 hp, and took it to the Tahiti Challenge to test it.

A) I could not turn AT ALL on the road
B) The car was so powerful that it flew so far and could not turn in time, throwing me into walls and making me spin

I reset my PS2 to stop it from saving my loss of 1,090,000 Cr. on a piece of crap car. Am I gonna have to go into the settings or something (or sadly, decrease the power) to be able to control this car?

I just don't understand why they offered the option to add a Stage 4 turbo if it killed the turning of the car, even with the Limited-slip torque all the way down. I think I'll just keep it stock, like my original plan. Thanks, Thrasher.

I just don't understand why they offered the option to add a Stage 4 turbo if it killed the turning of the car, even with the Limited-slip torque all the way down. I think I'll just keep it stock, like my original plan. Thanks, Thrasher.
Did you try with 10:90 at VCD Controller? If you do that, the Escudo will be acting as a RWD car.

There are some cars than can handle pretty well with incredible amounts of power. He just expected wrong with the Escudo.
I was expecting it to handle generally the same as in Gran Turismo 2, just like some other cars that followed that line.

Thanks goodness they appropriated the performance of the Escudo in this game. The Escudo(GT2's version) is actually the only reason I don't like that GT much anymore. It's unrealistic depiction in GT2 being faster than the likes of the Toyota GT-One or Nissan R390 GT1 etc which are both actual top level(under F1) cars is ridiculous. I'm glad it's put into it's proper place in GT3 as an ultimate rally machine and severly lacking on a proper circuit.

Last edited:
Back