I'm sorry but I have a *SERIOUS* bone to pick with this Grid Legends(DLC related)!

• Thread starter isamu
  • 3 comments

isamu

(Banned)
Y'know.....I have been playing videogames for the better part of 42 years, and never...in my LIFE...have I encountered an objective in a game that has annoyed me more than the Demolition Derby Career events and sponsorship objectives in GRID Legends! The Demolition Derby DLC has got to be the WORST dlc addition to a Codemasters game I have ever experienced!

The problem, are the objectives that want you to wreck a certain number of vehicles during the race. This wouldn't be so bad, if the damage you inflict on the other cars wasn't so darn weak and light. The amount of damage you deliver to the AI is so insignificant that their damage meter barely moves even on a good strong collision impact. This makes actually wrecking their car entirely such a huge chore.

I can barely wreck ONE car during an 8 lap race on either track! The way they drive and their erratic behavior, and how they often speed away from you after a collision makes for an exercise in frustration. The INDLOVU Sponsor objectives took me like 8 hours to complete because they want you to wreck TWENTY FIVE vehicles!!!!!! Talk about boring and tedious!

Now, here I am, I'm stuck on one of the LUGNA Sponsor event in semi-pro because they want me to wreck not one, not two, but 5 stupid cars in one race!!! FIVE!!!!!!!!! Like...seriously CM? C'mon guys. How is this even possible?

Has anyone here completed this particular event? Because if so, I'd sure like to know how you did it. Unbelievable....

There is a boost available for your vehicle. Line someone up into a bend, hit boost, crash into them at a much higher speed.

Y'know.....I have been playing videogames for the better part of 42 years, and never...in my LIFE...have I encountered an objective in a game that has annoyed me more than the Demolition Derby Career events and sponsorship objectives in GRID Legends! The Demolition Derby DLC has got to be the WORST dlc addition to a Codemasters game I have ever experienced!

The problem, are the objectives that want you to wreck a certain number of vehicles during the race. This wouldn't be so bad, if the damage you inflict on the other cars wasn't so darn weak and light. The amount of damage you deliver to the AI is so insignificant that their damage meter barely moves even on a good strong collision impact. This makes actually wrecking their car entirely such a huge chore.

I can barely wreck ONE car during an 8 lap race on either track! The way they drive and their erratic behavior, and how they often speed away from you after a collision makes for an exercise in frustration. The INDLOVU Sponsor objectives took me like 8 hours to complete because they want you to wreck TWENTY FIVE vehicles!!!!!! Talk about boring and tedious!

Now, here I am, I'm stuck on one of the LUGNA Sponsor event in semi-pro because they want me to wreck not one, not two, but 5 stupid cars in one race!!! FIVE!!!!!!!!! Like...seriously CM? C'mon guys. How is this even possible?

Has anyone here completed this particular event? Because if so, I'd sure like to know how you did it. Unbelievable....
The Indlovu will be the last sporsoship for me.
I did Lugna yesterday, i didnt wreck five cars ont hta race, nit i had already wrescked more than five and got Xbox's achiviment destroy five opponents. I finish lugna on third and completed to me.

I found myself here because im doing the 25 kills now. I'm on 15 so far.
Don't do the story ones, go into race creator and create your own up to 99 laps - you can also upgrade those cars. The mileage from story events does not count, so complete those then stick to race creator for the contracts and upgrades.
I just realised this yesterday. (turn off ramps to see the carnage event, as ramps are in there anyway)

UPDATE.
The come 3rd with 5 wrecks does not seem to need to be done at same time. I just got the tick, and no way I killed 5 in that race. Going back for the gold now, as I refuse to come down to hard lol.

Last edited:
Back