Image Blowout: 124 New HD GT Sport Screenshots

As long as the gameplay imagery looks like this !
I remember the screenshot images from the pre release of GT6 and thinking, wow, this is going to be awesome. Then when I actually got it, thinking well, that's a disappointment !
In an ideal world, Kaz and the PD team would have seen what other developers have already done, used some "artistic licence" and take the best bits from them : the FFB from Assetto Corsa, the imagery of Drive club for the detailing of the cars, the career of Project C.A.R.S, and the sounds from a mixture of all three !

Do bear in mind everything we see now for GTS is going to be on the PS4 Pro, plus the usual bullshot effects on top. It isn't going to look like that in motion on the base PS4, although it'll still look great.

Problem is there is only so many times you can say "It looks amazing". There comes a time when we're in need of some substance.

The difference between the 'bullshots' i.e. photo mode and in game are huge (as they have always been with GT). It doesn't look all that spectacular in game and PD have been playing this trick for years with people not in the know seeing the photmode press released shots thinking that's the graphics.

The first images of Gtsport were simply bad, awful. Now it looks gorgeous. It's nice to see the improvements since the London event.

I thought when I saw some of you guys post incredibly realistic photos of GT6 in the realistic photothread, "it can't get much better than this." Imagine when the same people who take ridicolously gorgeous GT6 photos begin to post GTS photos... it will blow my mind!

The first images of Gtsport were simply bad, awful. Now it looks gorgeous. It's nice to see the improvements since the London event.
PS4 PRO not ringing any bells for you? Not saying it all is, but is quite likely indeed that the improvement we've all seen here is not going to look like that on the standard PS4.

The difference between the 'bullshots' i.e. photo mode and in game are huge (as they have always been with GT). It doesn't look all that spectacular in game and PD have been playing this trick for years with people not in the know seeing the photmode press released shots thinking that's the graphics.

Still, better than Ubisoft

I was expecting the BMW Pace/Safety car, I was not expecting the Merc Safety Car. Anyone else expect that? R34 returning maybe??

While PD are the worst in the racing game industry when it comes to audio, they are undoubtedly the best when it comes to graphics. The are sublime, Truly jaw dropping! The only thing that lets the graphics down is the ugly looking textures used on the fictional rally track, other than that everything is uber photorealistic. It's nice to see the gap steadlily closing between car detal vs track detail.

VBR
While PD are the worst in the racing game industry when it comes to audio, they are undoubtedly the best when it comes to graphics. The are sublime, Truly jaw dropping! The only thing that lets the graphics down is the ugly looking textures used on the fictional rally track, other than that everything is uber photorealistic. It's nice to see the gap steadlily closing between car detal vs track detail.
They are also number one in soundtrack. Absolutely love that lobby music! :D

PS4 Slim 250€ in the stores until December the 24th. Or 410€ for a PS4 Pro?
Kind of a Shakespeare drama isn't it?

Back