Imagine...

  • Thread starter Thread starter herrwazza
  • 7 comments
  • 692 views
Messages
139
Messages
wazza89
I wonder what GT5 would have been like if there was no internet connection for updates on the PS3 (like the PS2 and GT4).
Would we have seen a totally different game? Would the game be like it was on release day? Or would they have spent an extra 'x' months developing to the content and level it is now?
I loved GT4 to bits and even spent hours on hours with my wheel in practice mode just drifting and trying all the cars. I don't feel that need with GT5 and thought that maybe it was down to the 'if I wait a while there will be more seasonal events' etc.
What so you guys think?
 
It would've basically just been Gran Turismo 4 with better graphics. I think the online part of GT5 like seasonals and lobbies are keeping the game alive. Maybe, there would be more races in A-Spec and B-Spec. But In my opinion, this game needed online, or else you'd see more people disappointed with GT5.
 
It'll be a very short and dissapointing game. There's a lack A- and B-Spec races, all the special events are one-offs (actually, every GT Life race is a one-off), there'll be no Special Events or OCD. The only think keeping it alive will probably be Split-Screen and Photomode.
 
Trying to obtain the more elusive cars would keep people playing, rather than trading some paint for a duped one.
 
Good point. Most people would have half their garages yet.
 
It'll be a very short and dissapointing game. There's a lack A- and B-Spec races, all the special events are one-offs (actually, every GT Life race is a one-off), there'll be no Special Events or OCD. The only think keeping it alive will probably be Split-Screen and Photomode.

So what kept GT4 alive? it had no seasonals, online, OCD etc. It had less cars (also less variations on the Japanese models, but hey).
to be fair the B Spec in GT4 I preferred, also it had the manufacturer races, and the driving park, the max speed tests and 400/1000m runs.
If they took GT4, added a good amount of different cars, PS3 graphics, and the GT5 online stuff it would be perfect. That's what I expected anyways. I miss Citta d'Aria :(
 
It had much more events, that's what kept us going. We also must remember the old Costa di Amalfi credits trick whenever we were low on funds.
 
To put it simply, it'll be terrible unless GT5 has a longer offline replay ability than the previous GT games.

I heard the rumor that GT4 has 4 times events more than GT5...
 
Back