Importance of a Wheel...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mister E
  • 11 comments
  • 610 views
Messages
327
Hi, I don't have a PS2 yet, but I can't wait for it... Anyway, I was wondering if you guys use a wheel, and if so, which one? Also, how important is it? I have a regular Playstation and GT2, and I use the analog sticks to drive. I've gotten very comfortable with this setup, but now that I love to drift, it's just not sensitive enough, and I want to hit the brake while I hit the gas also. And, I have heard that the Analog sticks on the PS2's controller (Dual Shock 2), are way too sensitive and have very little resistance. I couldn't stand this. Anyway, I was thinking about buying:
PS2 $179.99
Sony Memory Card $24.99
A Wheel $79.99 (Is the driving force wheel the same as the GT force wheel? Either way, I'd really like the GT logo on it, where could I get one new?)
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec $19.99

This should be all I need right? I really want to buy the Driving Force wheel also, does it come in a package with Gran Turismo 3 in it?
 
Get the Newer Ps2 unit, it comes with better DVD system, Silenter Fan, Graphics are inchanted adn stuff
 
Ok then, I'll get that... Is it in any seperate box or anything? And if I don't get that, what is the newest regular PS2 revision, and how can I tell from the box?
 
The "new" PS2 has one minor drawback though...

I wanted to get one as a DVD player and link it for some 2 screen GT3 fun. Only... The new PS2 has no iLink. So you can't do it.
 
I wouldn't really recommend the GT Force Wheel, because it's loaded with bugs...For a bit more, you can get a Momo Force Wheel, which is much better. :)
 
But I heard that had a centering problem... What kind of bugs is it riddled with? Is it a bug you can fix? One reason I love my Xbox, I could just get an update... Anyway, can I see the Pros and Cons of each wheel? By the way I want Force Feedback!
 
Well, the Logitech GT Force when i had it was very annoying...For one, i still had to plug in a controller to navigate the screens...:irked: So I returned it and I just use the controller now...I think first you should just try it out with your controller first, seeing as you don't own a PS2 yet...;)
 
Actually, I meant the Driving Force, the one with all of the buttons on it, so you don't need a controller. I will try the game with the controller, but in about an hour I'll go out and buy a wheel. The only thing about the wheel is, I'll probably have to buy a table as well.
 
Yeh, or make a table about the height in which it will be comfortable to drive...that was my other main hick, as i didn't really have a comfortable place to put it...
 
Back