Impossibe

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi pros..can someone give me any advice.im on first race of European Championships. just bought my.Mini.. havent unlocked Tuning Yet.. At goodwood.well i just cannot even get close to higher than 5th. with brake assist on or off.im just constantly seeing top.4 cars way ahead..cant even get close..any ideas..before i bin the game..literally

No, possible.

To answer the question, the Mini race at Goodwood is tough, but very doable. It's been a while since I did that race but I beleive you can carry a lot of speed around most of the corners, so go for a fast build over too much grip. Take an early lead and then fend off the fastest AI that takes a bit of time to overtake everyone else. If you're skill and build is right you might not need any defensive driving.

Also if it is too difficult for you, go into the games options and reduce the difficulty if you've not already done so.

No, possible.

To answer the question, the Mini race at Goodwood is tough, but very doable. It's been a while since I did that race but I beleive you can carry a lot of speed around most of the corners, so go for a fast build over too much grip. Take an early lead and then fend off the fastest AI that takes a bit of time to overtake everyone else. If you're skill and build is right you might not need any defensive driving.

Also if it is too difficult for you, go into the games options and reduce the difficulty if you've not already done so.
thanks guys i shall look at these.. just seems once the tyres screech even slightly the leading 3 or 4 cars are just gone..

No, possible.

i have t say i cant really take an early lead the cars are just gone soon as race starts and this poxy mini flat out round first corner can barely get past car 7..the by time im on next straight the others are dots.. il try TC reduction.see what that does..thanks so much guys.have t say awesome game .IF I COULD PLAY IT 😃😃

I'm sorry, but from original post I'm finding hard to realize what race we are talking about.
You would unlock the Tuning Shop by finishing Menu 3 if I'm not mistaken. To unlock menu 3 you must acquire the VW 1200, the Fiat 500F and the aforementioned '65 Mini. To win the Mini, you would be on top 3 on the Sunday Cup race at Goodwood.
So, if you have the Mini, you got the top 3 on the race or you bought it, anyway you don't need to do it anymore to conclude the Menu.
If you are referring to Clubman Plus race at the same venue (I don't even know if this race is already visible to you), is more than you can chew at this point, with so little unlocked in the game.

I did this race when the game first came out, and I have to say, they seem to have made it much more difficult than I remember. I won it with my untuned Mini, but now, like the OP states, it's really challenging to even keep up. I just added a manual trans and LSD which help, but it's a challenge. But that's a good thing.

Just some ideas on the assists... I run the game on a PS5 with a Dual Sense set up to steer by turning the controller side to side. I swapped the R1 and R3 functions so now boost items are activated with R1.
I'd start with the assists all turned on and to max. They're all under the settings menu anytime you pause a race. Controller sensitivity is in the next menu, it goes from -2 to +10. Some cars will not turn to their tightest radius at lower settings. Others will turn the wheels to quickly and induce a skid or worse, send the car flying (I'm looking at YOU, Bugatti!) Remember it's there and leave it at zero. Countersteer assistance affects this also, you get tighter turns without it but you're more likely to spin out under heavy braking.
As you progress through the game and get used to the cars, start lowering the assist levels and even turn them off. Currently mine looks like this:
TCS: 0 or 1 depending on the car.
Transmission: Auto, unless I'm familiar with the track and car.
Auto Drive: Usually off.
ABS: Default. Turning this off never cuts my lap times.
ASM: Off on super familiar track/car combos. On everywhere else. This can cause the car to jerk abruptly but WILL prevent some crashes.
Countersteer Assist: Strong
Controller sensitivity: varies

You have Goodwood unlocked, else you wouldn't see the Clubman Cup race. Go to the screen that shows you the available races for any track and select "Circuit Experience". This opens an event very similar to license testing. Turn your assists on and go for bronze on all sectors and the 1 Lap Attack. Winning bronze nets you a decent sum of money with which you can upgrade the Cooper to win the Clubman Cup. Try for Gold if you want but be aware it's fairly difficult.
Goodwood isn't the easiest CE even for bronze, but it's doable.
Once you're able to win the Clubman Cup, you can replay it for credits to upgrade other cars as needed. Later on there will be several more races you can earn more money from, but early game, the Mini Clubman Cup and a few bronze CE's will buy what you need.
On car buying, get the invite cars ASAP, getting invited end game is a pain.

Back