• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 16 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
GT3 is still regarded as one of the best-looking racing games of all time, like your old high school sweetheart, or that young girl you used to sit with at lunch or recess back then. Gran Turismo Concept is actually more colorful and more vibrant.

GT3 cars took up to 2 weeks; GTC cars took about a week with new modelling methods.

In my view, GTC may not be in America, but when I took a look at some of the pictures, the pictures were beautiful. As I know, I am an admirer of art. If 200 mph down the front straight of Tokyo R246 isn't art, then surely GTC will be candy to your eyes. As a 20 year old, sometimes, I have the imagination of a 8-10 year old. I pictured GTC as a beautiful game. I loved the vibrant colors and all. Of course, this is Gran Turismo. You can't enjoy the sights long enough, because you have a Honda Dualnote and racing against a Cadillac Cien.

And when off-track, you can rustle up some leaves. I think if the Tokyo track had lots of Sakura trees and the sakura was on the streets and one zoomed downcourse, it would be pure art.

Anyone else want to share some impressions of GT Concept?

GTC is a better looking game than GT3, not a big difference but the cars do look better, the same methods for making the cars in GTC are being used in GT4 which is why they can do them all in time (for summer anyway).

The no selectable cars in GTC like the XJ220 and R390 GT1 you race against are the same car models as in GT3, in the replays you can see a difference in textures on the cars. GTC is a good game, it's short life stops it being great but if GT1,2 and 3 were never made but GTC was it would bve classed as one of the best racing games ever, as it is though people just see it as a massivley cut down GT3 which is what it is, but people forget just how big GT3 was compared to other racing games, now think how big GT4 is going to be, 600+ cars, 100+ tracks, twice as many parts and over twice as many cups to win. :) .

Originally posted by oosacker
I was very disappointed at the lack of tracks in GTC...

me 2...only 5 tracks.....
and no simulation mode too....=(

i just need for "Drifting"...

GTC has many improvement....

Cars are very mods

Finally got GTC Tokyo Geneva to boot up.
:D

There is no doubt about it, GTC is a better looking game than GT3, not by much, but enough for you to appreciate, and the game gives a better sensation of speed. The physics are a little bit tweaked in my opinion, I gather this from how the car drifts smoother than GT3.

I just got the game today and yes, the cars move and feel different the graphics are crisper and the cars seem to have more definition, maybe because in GTC the tracks are more light and airy anyway thats my opinion.

GTC is a preview of things to come for GT4, it is definitely worth a must-see. I noticed that there were a lot more race cars in the game than GT3. Some race cars from GT2 (like the Nakajima Mobil 1 NSX, or the Pennzoil Skyline) made it to GTC.

This is the premise I was going on when I said that GTC seemed like it would be a prelude to GT4. Of course, we'll have to find out what the future holds for us GT fans. You can't call up Miss Cleo for any info on this. We must wait until 2004. I may [back] be in college by that time, but I will be reluctant to go to a Target, EB, or a Wal-Mart (considering the PS2 stand WORKS and the little scanner thingy WORKS) and play the daylights out of the demo. Then be reluctant to get the full game as a very late birthday present (mine is January 15th).

Oh wait, this is GTC... Sorry. Didn't mean to go off-topic. Another impression on the game is that GTC just looks like a big step up from GT3. Whatever cars you can race depends on the one you play. I hear there is Tokyo, Seoul, Geneva, and all that (for Americans, sorry, there is no Detroit I know). Each of the GT Concept cars I seen all looked wonderful no matter which one you chose.

I'll end this one on something I read in here. Someone said that if GTs 1, 2, and 3, this would be the best racing game ever. I would agree. GT Concept, based on screens (no offense) would be an average racing game where you wouldn't go deep into owning and racing these cars. I think the GT series was to be "...an encyclopedia of cars..." (Kazunori Y., Gran Turismo mastermind). GT1 was a racing game that delved into buying cars and racing them against the competition, while at the same time, learning how to race. That is why GT1 was the brainchild as to how serious racing games should be. Then GT2 improved on this adding rally courses, and doubling drivable cars by 50% and change. It took a good concept and made it nearly 2 to 4 times better. GT3 made the series more challenging , and while not as many cars, most of the auto makes have made it with Gillet and Tickford. It is also the first to have wet races. But if GTC came before any of these titles, give or take graphic quality, GTC would likely be one of the best ever. But do I see GTC as an average racer? I never said or meant that. GTC is beautiful, plays great, and continues the legacy of the GT series.

Post a reply, and again, no offense to anyone, if at all.

I'd have to say Gran Turismo Concept is the sequal to Gran Turismo 3 as Gran Turismo 4 Prologue is to Gran Turismo 4. So all I can say if this statement is true GT4 is going to be bigger and better than ever, and some how with each Gran Turismo it gets better not like the over worked Crash Bandicoot franchise now ported onto X-Box etc.

What's up guys? I've bought both GTC games. 2001 and 2002. I haven't played them yet. Can you tell a difference in the graphics of these 2 games? Also, which one has better gameplay, cars, tracks, etc?

The tracks have more detail on them...like skid marks and shadows and this helps present the feel of speed because as you drive you notice how fast the landmarks move by. I think this was the key to making you feel the speed.

Originally posted by speedy_2
What's up guys? I've bought both GTC games. 2001 and 2002. I haven't played them yet. Can you tell a difference in the graphics of these 2 games? Also, which one has better gameplay, cars, tracks, etc?

GTC 2002 is bette, it makes 2001 obselete really as 2001 has less.

I'm hoping I'm not making any illegal or controversial replies, so I hope I'm not bringing up anything offensive...

Do you have to import GTC to be played on the PS2? And I heard you have to get some adapter or something to play Japanese games, right?

(Again, if I am bringing up something illegal, forgive me.)

You'd need something like that, I guess. And mod chips/adapters etc. are not illegal (regardless of what that idiot who was banging on about burning GT4P was talking about).

am i the only person dissapponted mainly by the shortage of cars in gtc? im even more annoyed that over here in england we dont even get the rally version of the mini or the lambo race car. could sum1 plz post a list of cars available in the us version of gtc coz ive only seen pre-release ones. :banghead: :mad: oh, by the way the uk version is tokyo-geneva incase urs has a completely diffo title :P

Originally posted by petrolhead
am i the only person dissapponted mainly by the shortage of cars in gtc?
Refer to my post.
I also England am in.

Back